Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist

Options
  • 19-10-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good Dentist in Carlow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Pembroke Dental Clinic are good in my experience.

Caroline Robins is very highly regarded. My mother has attended her and says the same. I had another dentist who i couldn't fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stan99

New place down in graiguecullen beside the spar shop (near doyles)
    supposed to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Morf wrote: »
    Pembroke Dental Clinic are good in my experience.

Caroline Robins is very highly regarded. My mother has attended her and says the same. I had another dentist who i couldn't fault.

I second that... no pain whatsoever after my recent visit...

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Perfect, thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I use Ronan Feeney on the Old Dublin road, I cannot fault him at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sanjayh

Find out who your friends and family go to for their dental care. That's usually the best way to find a good dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Went to Caroline after a lapse in visiting a dentist for a long time......very relaxing, and have been back for my regular checkups since the first visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Has anyone gone to Carlow dental centre in graiguecullen? They seem to open from Thursday to Sunday, Think I need to get a filling done, but I'd rather give birth right now than to go to the dentist, so I want to make sure I will be looked after as I will be a nervous wrecked if I do have to have to get one done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I go to Gillman.

Just beside Racy Byrnes.

He knows his stuff & does a good job.

I hardly ever go, but when I do he makes good money, cos I always let things go too far.

Speaking of money, what's the usual price for a filling these days?

Is there much variation in price round the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

stan99 wrote: »
    New place down in graiguecullen beside the spar shop (near doyles)
    supposed to be very good

From what I'm hearing they are excellent and are a lot cheaper too. Maybe this should be a bargain alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 dody

I went to pembroke after neglecting a tooth and finally getting something done. The dentist was great. She took time to listen to me.It didn't feel as if she was in a rush. No tut tutting about coming in sooner or the state of ya:)
    Got a painless root canal and post and crown. Ray Darcy always seemed to be on the radio there and was a good distraction. The staff could'nt be nicer and made me feel very relaxed. I would recommend them to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Sanjay opposite Carlow Cathedral is a great dentist.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wolrac

I've been to the Carlow Dental Centre in Graiguecullen a few times and think they are great. Definitely 1/2 the price of the dentist I previously had in Gillmans Tullow Street. They have really up to date equipment and are really efficient and professional. A few years ago I had an impacted wisdom tooth which I went to Gillmans with. The dentist took an x ray and told me there was no wisdom tooth there!!! (there was, I could clearly see it on the X-ray) Anyway next visit there WAS a wisdom tooth there AND dentist wasn't qualified to take it out!! I had to go to Dublin and hand over €1,000 to have it removed. Roll on this year my daughter had the same type of wisdom tooth. Went over to Graiguecullen to Carlow Dental Centre and the tooth was taken out no problem for 1/2 the price and none of the hassle. She was GIVEN an antibiotic and ice pack. In Dublin I as given a prescription to get myself and told to buy a pack of frozen peas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

wolrac wrote: »
    I've been to the Carlow Dental Centre in Graiguecullen a few times and think they are great. Definitely 1/2 the price of the dentist I previously had in Gillmans Tullow Street. They have really up to date equipment and are really efficient and professional. A few years ago I had an impacted wisdom tooth which I went to Gillmans with. The dentist took an x ray and told me there was no wisdom tooth there!!! (there was, I could clearly see it on the X-ray) Anyway next visit there WAS a wisdom tooth there AND dentist wasn't qualified to take it out!! I had to go to Dublin and hand over €1,000 to have it removed. Roll on this year my daughter had the same type of wisdom tooth. Went over to Graiguecullen to Carlow Dental Centre and the tooth was taken out no problem for 1/2 the price and none of the hassle. She was GIVEN an antibiotic and ice pack. In Dublin I as given a prescription to get myself and told to buy a pack of frozen peas!!!

I was quoted €600-800 to have my 4 wisdom teeth out 2 years ago which I still haven't done. I'll look into them if they're so much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

is there a Hungarian or Bulgarian dentist operating somewhere around Carlow?
    I heard a rumor there was, am trying to investigate.

I would rather give my money to them than the hungry hungry hippo Irish dentists, ripping me the hell off, costing me a grand per tooth to get a root canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

there is a Kiwi over in Shamrock Plaza whom you might find very reasonably priced. We also share a common native language.

Also note that the recommendations for the graigue (over SPAR) place are from 2012. Their prices are comparable now that they have settled in.

reasonable is relative

there are no reasonably priced Irish dentists.

they are all, every single one of them, even the nice ones, extortionists.
    that is my opinion and also a matter of fact i believe.

I have a bad tooth here that will need a root canal treatment. I know from recent experience (6 months ago) to get it repaired will cost a grand, plus or minus a few quid. So ill have to get it removed.

Im running out of teeth at this stage because i cant afford or am unwilling to pay these prices.

1000 euros to save a tooth. is that reasonable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Redd4 wrote: »
    is there a Hungarian or Bulgarian dentist operating somewhere around Carlow?
    I heard a rumor there was, am trying to investigate.

I would rather give my money to them than the hungry hungry hippo Irish dentists, ripping me the hell off, costing me a grand per tooth to get a root canal.

http://www.carlowdentalcentre.ie/

They are very good. Couldn't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

reasonable is relative

there are no reasonably priced Irish dentists.

they are all, every single one of them, even the nice ones, extortionists.
    that is my opinion and also a matter of fact i believe.

I have a bad tooth here that will need a root canal treatment. I know from recent experience (6 months ago) to get it repaired will cost a grand, plus or minus a few quid. So ill have to get it removed.

Im running out of teeth at this stage because i cant afford or am unwilling to pay these prices.

1000 euros to save a tooth. is that reasonable?

Well why dont you look up the costs on a website? Its more like 500 euro
    http://www.pembrokedental.ie/costs.php

root canal 500 + crown 750 = 1250

1250 for 1 tooth

1250 for one tooth

one tooth. 1250.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

root canal 500 + crown 750 = 1250

1250 for 1 tooth

1250 for one tooth

one tooth. 1250.

that's not how they charge. It's 1000 for the use of the surgery, the wages and taxes of the dentist and dental nurse, the equipment, the material, the training the time. You can get it pulled, go north, or go east, or pay the price here. But if you want the root canal and crown done here - that's the price.

really

a thousand euros for an hours work.

ive had it done several times, i know how long it takes.

and your trying to defend that

Advertisement