Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Brigade

Options
  • 19-10-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Anybody in ITB know what is going on with the Fire Brigade outside A Block at the moment? Its the second time I've seen them around campus today...
    Tagged:

Comments

Somebody probably pressed the fire alarm.

Since it a large public building, I assume it would be linked into DFB systems and as soon as a fire alarm goes off, they dispatch an fire engine immediately from the station.

Also, if a fire brigade arrives, they have to determine if it was a false alarm. So they stay onsite for a short time.

Or it could have been a medical emergency. All DFB firefighters are trained paramedics. They train as paramedics before training as firefighters. Thats why you will nearly always see a fire engine arriving when an ambulance is called for a serious case such as cardiac arrest etc ;)

Or I could just be making this crap up as I go along :pac:

I assume it wasn't serious, such as gas leak etc, if they didn't evacuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I was in the D block welding:eek: when the alarm went off..

It turned out to be a problem with the extractor system, I heard the alarm in the extractor system dectected a gas leak and so the fire alarm was activated, but it turned out that there was no leak just a false alarm.

I also left the car keys inside and had to wait around till we got the all clear before I could go home. It was so cold outside in your T-shirit.

Advertisement