Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyeing/painting/restoring colour to a sisal carpet?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Total long shot and I've emailed the manufacturers but here goes....

I have a metallic teal blue sisal carpet but the muppets installing it spilled adhesive and their attempts to remove it have made the carpet snow white and fluffy where this happened (right in front of a doorway, so I can't even hide it with furniture).

The manufacturers no longer make this carpet shade, and no remaining colour comes close.

The retailers will replace in the different shade but I really want to keep this.

Sisal does not react well to water, not does it 'cut and paste' well but I do have some off-cuts.

6th row from the bottomSisal Small Boucle Accents Blue C712

Advice appreciated...or a move to arts and crafts if more appropriate. Thanks.

Advertisement