Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby measuring small

Options
  • 19-10-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,

I went for my first anatomy scan today. It was nerve racking, im a big worrier. At the end the radiographer said that the anatomy looked good but that the baby was measuring too small. Its supposed to be 21 + 4 and was measuring at 20 + 2. So I must go back in 2 weeks for another anatomy scan. Im pretty sure of my dates i.e. of my last period...but cant be sure of the date of conception, but they dont go by that anyway. Im just a bit concerned, cant help hearing in my head intrauterine growth retardation. Has anyone else any experience of his or been told anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

My second child had a 10 day difference b/w the EDD based on Last Missed Period & scan size. The dates based on LMP are not always exact, and it can be off if your period isn't always regular or if you don't ovulate at exactly the same time each month.

My advice? Don't worry about it. If all was looking good w/ anatomy then that's all you really need to be concerned with. Dating is not an exact science and scan dates don't always line up w/ your EDD predicted by LMP.

The only issue I had w/ the difference in dates was when it came time to expect labour...some consultants went by LMP & some by scan date, so it led to some confusion of when I should be considered "late". But my "little" lady arrived at 8lbs 15oz so she wasn't small by any stretch of the imagination. :D

Advertisement