Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1 and connecting and configuring a wireless modem

• 19-10-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hi to everyone, this is my very first time posting in this section. I am looking for advice and help please on how to get a Buffalo Nfiniti high power wireless-n router and access point, model number WHR-HP-G300N to connect. They have them on Pixmania I was told by the man who did the line of sight of the white antenna box on the roof that any cable router would do the job. I am thinking that maybe a modem is needed also? I tried to connect it earlier but no joy. I have only used a DSL BT Voyager wireless system before. All we were supplied with was the carrier POE adapter which obviously we have been using for over a week but we only have one connection and my partner, she is getting very annoyed. There is no information of what equipment to buy or how to get it to work on the site. I tried to talk to someone earlier in technical support about what equipment would be needed and whether what I had would suffice and some help in setting it up but no one was available. They never rang back at all today. I also bought a Linksys PAP2T-EU phone adapter. :)
    It should say router in the title.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

I m not aware whats Net1, is it broadband built in the house? connection comes straight from the wall/basement or smthg? if so, then you connect your Buffalo router straight to that socket into wall.

Otherwise you need a modem to connect to the wall, then Buffalo router to the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

freestyla wrote: »
    I m not aware whats Net1, is it broadband built in the house? connection comes straight from the wall/basement or smthg? if so, then you connect your Buffalo router straight to that socket into wall.

Otherwise you need a modem to connect to the wall, then Buffalo router to the modem.
    There is just an old Cat5 cable coming through a hole in the wall which was taken from an old probably ICE broadband hexagonal shaped antenna and connected to the new antenna box on the pole on the chimney. There is a modem connection and four Lan ports for wired connection on the Buffalo router and access point. The POE slot takes the connection from the cable from the antenna, the LAN from the same carrier POE adapter goes in to our laptops or my desktop. Is a modem not needed then people to get the Buffalo to connect to our three computers? Thanks freestyla for your reply. :) Are there any Net1 customers here on Boards or the Net1 representative to help please?

Advertisement