Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Most Shocking Film You've Ever Seen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

SteoL wrote: »
    Cannibal Holocaust
    Human Pork Chop
    The Untold Story
    Psycho - The Snuff Reels
    Gusomilk
    Concrete Encased Highschool Girl Murder Case
    Irreversible
    Water Power

Requiem for a Dream and Last Exit to Brooklyn were pretty nasty to watch as well.

Love a film that makes you feel like you've been punched in the guts. The first above really does that.

Not seen A Serbian Film in full yet but what I have seen was pretty brutal alright.

Good god, googled that and read the wikipedia article on the real case. The Japanese are truly capable of unimaginable things. Also, the culprits got sentences of such leniency even the Irish judicial system couldn't match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I am not one for watching horror/shocking/brutal etc movies. The one which stayed with me for years was a movie I saw in the Cinema *Last Exit Brooklyn* - it gave me nightmares for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

kelle wrote: »
    Fargo

The fact it all really happened added to the horror and gruesomeness.

Even 15 years after seeing it, I still feel sick when I think about it.

Fargo is not actually based on real events, they just put that at the end to add to the film. There is a famous case of a Japenese (I think) woman going to the town to search for the money as she believed it was real.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Meirleach

kelle wrote: »
    Fargo

The fact it all really happened added to the horror and gruesomeness.

Even 15 years after seeing it, I still feel sick when I think about it.
    I'm not entirely sure if you're serious here....but you might want to look into that claim that it's a true story and all happened ;)

EDIT: AHAHA, beaten to it before I clicked post.

anhedonia wrote: »
    Yeah Defo, "The Human Centipede" is the sickest thing I have ever seen by a mile. Really disturbing!!

He's making a sequel, "The Human Centipede 2", and the director has been quoted as saying that the sequel is going to make the first film seem like 'my little pony'.

Fcuking twisted!!

Second most disturbing movie is 'Irreversible'.

Human Centipede was on Sci-fi (i think) a few months ago, I was just flicking channels one evening...I mean, sci-fi? It was absolute sick-fi !! Only 'watched' a few minutes, had seen enough !!

For a movie I actually sat down and watched in full, I personally thought 'Wolf Creek' was pretty shocking. Watched it at a friends house and had to drive home after it that night, was terrified my car would break down and I'd be 'rescued' by a psycho like that film !!:eek:

Would actually make me think twice about doing the whole driving through the Oz outback thing.

Orwell's 1984 starring John Hurt was also shocking, but no more than the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

An Inconvenient Truth.

When I saw it I realised that we are killing our own planet and that we will do absolutely nothing to prevent it. Then I realised I will die before the worst stuff happens and I felt better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

humbert wrote: »
    Good god, googled that and read the wikipedia article on the real case. The Japanese are truly capable of unimaginable things. Also, the culprits got sentences of such leniency even the Irish judicial system couldn't match.

Yup it's pretty horrific alright & fact it's based on real events is sickening. Human Pork Chop also based on a true story, this one being Chinese. A truly nasty film but hard not to watch. (There are actually 2 HPC's - the second of which I included in my list above as The Untold Story - if anyone interested in the story behind it be sure to check out the correct one, i.e. the one where a prostitute is kidnapped by her pimp over a drug debt).

EDIT: This one -

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=2666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Fargo is not actually based on real events, they just put that at the end to add to the film. There is a famous case of a Japenese (I think) woman going to the town to search for the money as she believed it was real.
    Meirleach wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure if you're serious here....but you might want to look into that claim that it's a true story and all happened ;)

EDIT: AHAHA, beaten to it before I clicked post.
    It was claimed at the time that it was based on real-life events. Thanks for clearing that up - doesn't make it any less gruesome though!

Anyway, since then it's only been chick flicks for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

New York Ripper is quite unpleasant but brilliant. Directed by the maestro Fulci.

Thank you maestro.

Trailer - NSFW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Human Centipede was on Sci-fi (i think) a few months ago, I was just flicking channels one evening...I mean, sci-fi? It was absolute sick-fi !! Only 'watched' a few minutes, had seen enough !!

Yeah its a shocking case of ass2mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anhedonia wrote: »
    Yeah Defo, "The Human Centipede" is the sickest thing I have ever seen by a mile. Really disturbing!.

southpark killed that movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

GThe Japanese are truly capable of unimaginable things.

That is a bit harsh. All people are capable of unimaginable things given the 'right' conditions, even your good self.

Just remembered another Chinese shocker: Red to Kill.

Most convincing luncatic ever in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've only read 3 of the 7 pages, so don't know if these were said;

Visitor Q, and Incendies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

The Japanese are truly capable of unimaginable things.
    That is a bit harsh. All people are capable of unimaginable things given the 'right' conditions, even your good self.

The Cove.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

+1 for The Human Centipede....some sick mind to come up with that one!! Felt seriously disturbed after watching that.Even though it's so out there and unbelievable,it does get under your skin:eek:
    Wolf Creek and the Bone Collector are another two that scared the sh*te out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The Cove.

Speaking of which, that's definitely one of the most shocking things I've seen. I'm way more affected by stuff like that than Hostel or Saw tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Always kinda laugh at people over reacting in these kinda threads.

I collect all this kinda stuff and have alot of it i pick it up online as a hobby really none of it has ever bothered me i laugh at how crazy alot of it can be.

There just films/tv shows/clips etc.....

None of it would ''Shock'' or ''Disturb'' and i am not just saying that be a big man.

To be honest i find most of the films people mentioned as being sick disturbing shocking so on to be fairly tame.

I dunno but stuff happening to humans usually does not bother me. If it was something happening to a dog be a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Bunman
    Men behind the Sun
    Salo
    Cannibal Holocaust

• Advertisement

lol i really dont understand the fuss over Cannibal Holocaust was it just at how ****e the acting was or the awful soundtrack i can never fully get out of my head ?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shay2010

Dog Tooth was fairly messed up

lol i really dont understand the fuss over Cannibal Holocaust was it just at how ****e the acting was or the awful soundtrack i can never fully get out of my head ?? :pac:

Or the fact that the killing and dismemberment of the animals was real?

Namlub wrote: »
    Or the fact that the killing and dismemberment of the animals was real?

Like i said before if it was a dog maybe i would of been a bit uncomfortable about it otherwise to me it didnt bother me.

I had chicken for dinner for all we know that was probley dismembered and so on as well..... life goes on.

Like i said before if it was a dog maybe i would of been a bit uncomfortable about it otherwise to me it didnt bother me.

I had chicken for dinner for all we know that was probley dismembered and so on as well..... life goes on.
    I'd consider making a film where the shell is ripped off a live turtle, to give on example, when that could easily have been faked a lot more cruel than the chicken thing but I guess everyone's different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I had chicken for dinner for all we know that was probley dismembered

I should hope so otherwise you'd have looked like a vile caricature of Henry VIII biting into a whole chicken and grease dripping down your chin.

I'd lay money on it that the chicken you had for dinner was dismembered after it had it's neck wrung.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I just watched that and couldn't finish it. When it got to the last 22 minutes, after he lifted the lid off the barrel I had to stop it :eek:

Lol, I only wish I did the same. Was not right for about a week after watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

shay2010 wrote: »
    Dog Tooth was fairly messed up

Dogtooth's a brilliant film. Was film of the year last year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

the hills have eyes, tbh i didnt like it :eek: sometimes horrors that are too real in that way are very offputting, and sickening in a way imho

The acting (for the most part) was indeed crap but probably adds to the realism (in terms of the "found footage") . The soundtrack is fantastic.
    The animal scenes are brutal to watch, really uncalled for and unnecessary. Punishment for adultery and the dismemberment and consumption of the crew are fantastic scenes,
    those last 20 mins or so really pack a punch IMO. More so than anything I've seen before or since.

The Italian magistrates obviously thought the same given that Deodato was arrested for making a snuff movie (such was the realism of those final scenes) and had to get his cast members out of hiding.

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    the hills have eyes, tbh i didnt like it :eek: sometimes horrors that are too real in that way are very offputting, and sickening in a way imho

Original or remake? Original was fantastic IMO. Very gritty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serbian_Film

This was pretty raw. My mood was pretty bad going to bed

Advisory: Not to be watched with the missus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

JohnnyTodd wrote: »

After reading that Wiki entry, I don't think I'll ever watch it. I mean, once you know the kind of things that happen in it, why would you want to watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

With most films I would tend to agree. THis film however offers something a little different for the viewer. Very intense scenes throughout the movie with no "ending" as such

I appreciate you've read the story and know the outcome but feel you can still watch it without knowing every step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Ben Hadad wrote: »
    The Nicholas Berg execution.

Someone email it to me when I was in college. I am still traumatised from having watched it. Honestly do not under any circumstances watch it, especially with sound. Honestly just don't watch it.

:oO

JohnnyTodd wrote: »

Watched it the first time with me girlfriend :pac: She has the same state of mind as meself when comes to this stuff although i think im worse then her.

I think one of the first times she was in my house i threw on one of the faces of death yokes lol.

She also thinks The Human Centipede was a load of ****e with very little in it to get fussed over.

Can see why i love this girl :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Watched it the first time with me girlfriend :pac: She has the same state of mind as meself when comes to this stuff although i think im worse then her.

I think one of the first times she was in my house i threw on one of the faces of death yokes lol.

She also thinks The Human Centipede was a load of ****e with very little in it to get fussed over.

Can see why i love this girl :P

I reckon ye have awful dirty bedroom relations

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I reckon ye have awful dirty bedroom relations

lol quite normal actually :)

End of the day the films mentioned where designed to try and shock people some more then often will fall into this trap.
    The rest just see them for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Would have to be Requiem for a Dream or Necromentia for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Visitor Q

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

no problem fapping tonight. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

rednik wrote: »
    Nil by mouth with Ray Winstone. Haven't watched it in years but it is a shocking and very hard to watch movie.

It's an excellent movie Cathy Burke is awesome in it.

Nekromantik pretty cool too. Funny in a very sick twisted way.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

the accused Jodi Foster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

After reading that Wiki entry, I don't think I'll ever watch it. I mean, once you know the kind of things that happen in it, why would you want to watch it?
    I'm the same. I don't think I will ever be able to bring myself to watch that film. Just reading the plot makes me feel queasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

SteoL wrote: »
    The acting (for the most part) was indeed crap but probably adds to the realism (in terms of the "found footage") . The soundtrack is fantastic.
    The animal scenes are brutal to watch, really uncalled for and unnecessary. Punishment for adultery and the dismemberment and consumption of the crew are fantastic scenes,
    those last 20 mins or so really pack a punch IMO. More so than anything I've seen before or since.

The Italian magistrates obviously thought the same given that Deodato was arrested for making a snuff movie (such was the realism of those final scenes) and had to get his cast members out of hiding.

Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox are cool movies.

Not bothered about the animal scenes - certainly not a reason to condemn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Cannibal Holocaust

Not bothered about the animal scenes - certainly not a reason to condemn it.

I don't even think the animal scenes were uncalled for or gratuitiuos. They were perfectly relevant to the plot and I think it was quite inteligent to have them included.

I put off watching Cannibal Holocaust for about 10 years because people kept telling me how shocking and outrages and scaring the movie was. Finally watched it and the most shocking thing about it was that it wasn't at all shocking and was actually quite a good film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

The Girl Next Door ( 2007 --NOT the comedy one)

I think it is loosely based on a true story. Seriously ****ed up and depressing. Had to not watch one of the final scenes.
    Regretted watching it tbh. It's seriously sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang .. the Original 1968 version (not the crappy broadway show) .. especially the childcatcher guy .. my 5yr and 3yr olds disappear like a shot with one mention of "free lollypops"

supposedly based on a true story! :D

oh and don't mention "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" with its Death Coach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

The rockumentary 'Hated' which follows GG Allin from the Murder Addicts is pretty fcuked up.

And it's for real.

• Advertisement

The Girl Next Door ( 2007 --NOT the comedy one)

I think it is loosely based on a true story. Seriously ****ed up and depressing. Had to not watch one of the final scenes.
    Regretted watching it tbh. It's seriously sick.

If you think the film is bad you should read the book by Jack Ketchum. Truly a horrific read, one of the most (if not THE most) horrific I've read.

Advertisement