Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which pre-insulated pipe to use?

• 19-10-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I someone advise me on which pre-insulated pipe to install from my garage to my house for the heating system. I was told Calpex is a good provider as there is a 1 degree celsius drop every 30m. A prespecive contractor has said it would be better to go with Rautherm or Ravitherm.

Is there any difference in either product? Forgive my ignorance on this area. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

Check the manufacturer's data. An information like
    ..there is a 1 degree celsius drop every 30m

is to be forgotten and the advisor to be send to watch the drop....

The flow rate is important, the pressure resistance, the insulating properties and so on.
    Contact a heating engineer to advise on the ideal solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Calpex is very good I have used it before. What evidence dose the prosective plumber base his opinon on? A company called HEVAC on the Naas road are suppliers of another one but I cant remember the name of it. I used it in a couple of Industrial installations 3" and 4" sizes but they do down as far as half inch sizes.

It is supper stuff and the heat losses are minimal but which ever one you do decide to go with be warned it is very expensive and is sold by the meter, but you get what you pay for. I lost out on a couple of jobs during the year because I priced calpex and the others were just using wrapped qualpex:rolleyes: but I wont use anything else on long under ground runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭blacktea

Hi johnnie, as a matter of interest, how much does the 2 core calpex cost per metre run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

There's stuff on the market, it's blue outer protective plastic cost and the insulation is yellow. Do not buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

blacktea wrote: »
    Hi johnnie, as a matter of interest, how much does the 2 core calpex cost per metre run?

€60 per meter upwards depending on size of the core's.
    The firm I worked for used to get it from HEVAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I use 4" pipe and 13mm armaflex.

But if the customer wants the proper stuff sure but feck me its dear

Advertisement