Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22mm copper pipe

• 19-10-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Any one know where i can easily get 22mm copper pipe in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Forgive us for asking but why are you looking for 22mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭beebaw

Forgive us for asking but why are you looking for 22mm.

I got a new pump and the flexi hoses will only take a 22mm pipe. I tried use 3/4" qualpex but it leaked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Did you use the olives for 3/4 pipe or did you try use tge 22mm ones??

The 3/4 olives and inserts inside the qualpex you should be grand...

Did you use the olives for 3/4 pipe or did you try use tge 22mm ones??

The 3/4 olives and inserts inside the qualpex you should be grand...

I got a new twin impeller water pump that comes with flexi hoses. The push fitting at the top of the flexi pipe will not accept a olive as it is too tight between the inside walls of the push fit and the outside of the pipe

here are a few pics of the flexihose that i am trying to use.pipe2.JPGpipe1.JPGpipe3.JPGpipe4.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Can you not get a set of 3/4 flexi hoses?

I have a couple of different solutions for this but the easiest by far is go into any place thats sells the chrome 22mm pipe and just buy as little as you can. Its usually sold in small qtys then use a 22mm x 3/4" fitting and go onto normal piple.

Out side that you can try the DPL's or Hevac as they were the only ones who done 22mm pipe but these days....Mehhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Not sure you can use chrome pipes, I had the same issue with a Mira shower , I needed 15mm pipes to fit into it and it specified non chrome.
    Cant remember why , something to do with the rings in the fittings having to be able to bite into the copper.
    In the end I found the tails of a tap had 15mm pipes so I just cut off what i needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

beldin wrote: »
    Not sure you can use chrome pipes, I had the same issue with a Mira shower , I needed 15mm pipes to fit into it and it specified non chrome.
    Cant remember why , something to do with the rings in the fittings having to be able to bite into the copper.
    In the end I found the tails of a tap had 15mm pipes so I just cut off what i needed.
    +1 re not using chrome coated piping

An olive will bite fine on chrome pipe. If your really that worried use some putty but tbh i have done it loads of times. Most towel rails come with chrome tails with the valve and this is whats done.

Then again i am just giving you ideas. Its all up to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement