Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost 1 1/2 Lbs n 45 minutes!

Options
  • 19-10-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Today i went for a run like most days. Just before i left i jumped onto the scales just out of curiosity. I was 13 st and 1 lb. i went for a 45 minute run and when i was finished i stepped onto the scales in the same clothes i had on the scales before. the scales now read 12 st and 13 1/2 lbs.
    I was so taken aback at such rabid weight loss!
    Any one else experienced anythin like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are your scales broken? :confused:

seems very strange. My way of thinking would be, you've just gone for a run so you are sweating. Perhaps it's water weight you got rid off but even still, your clothes should be heavier if you have been sweating.

In other words, I'm confuddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

You would lose 1 1/2 lbs after taking a long pee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Today i went for a run like most days. Just before i left i jumped onto the scales just out of curiosity. I was 13 st and 1 lb. i went for a 45 minute run and when i was finished i stepped onto the scales in the same clothes i had on the scales before. the scales now read 12 st and 13 1/2 lbs.
    I was so taken aback at such rabid weight loss!
    Any one else experienced anythin like this?

I've lost as much as 7lbs after a long run. I tend to have put it back on by that evening because it is mostly water weight lost through sweating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd normally lose that after a 1hr game of football, and a bit more too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mars bar wrote: »
    Are your scales broken? :confused:

seems very strange. My way of thinking would be, you've just gone for a run so you are sweating. Perhaps it's water weight you got rid off but even still, your clothes should be heavier if you have been sweating.

In other words, I'm confuddled.

A lot of the sweat will evaporate off your clothes and body ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tried this myself this morning. Went for a 35 minute intermittent jog, and weighed myself before and after.

Before - 97.7kg (215.39lbs)
    After - 97.1kg (214.07lbs)

So that's an immediate loss of .6kg or 1.32lbs, after a far from intensive jog.

Advertisement