Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With UPC

• 19-10-2011 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just got a new router from UPC and i have a problem i cant connect up to it

The error i am getting on windows 7 is
    The seatings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network

Its a cisco EPC2425

It works over LAN with no problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Similar thing happened to me, head into Control panel, Network and internet, then click Network and sharing centre, to the left you will see "manage wireless networks" head in there and delete the Wireless network, UPCxxxxxx, once that's done, retry and connect again, should fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mark17j wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to me, head into Control panel, Network and internet, then click Network and sharing centre, to the left you will see "manage wireless networks" head in there and delete the Wireless network, UPCxxxxxx, once that's done, retry and connect again, should fix it.

If he got a new router the SSID will be different, how will deleting the stored settings for the old one do anything for him?

coylemj wrote: »
    If he got a new router the SSID will be different, how will deleting the stored settings for the old one do anything for him?

I never said delete the settings for the old one, I said delete the Cisco settings ie: UPCxxxxx and retry connecting from fresh!!!!!!
    When I was installing my Cisco I experienced the exact same problem, mainly due to playing around with security settings, the format I explained above worked for me.

I run Windows 7 and am on my third Cisco router, I never had to remove the older Cisco UPCxxxxx settings, probably because the SSID changed each time so the old settings were not used by the new routers.

coylemj wrote: »
    I run Windows 7 and am on my third Cisco router, I never had to remove the older Cisco UPCxxxxx settings, probably because the SSID changed each time so the old settings were not used by the new routers.

For the second time i'm not talking about his previous router i'm talking about his current ok. lol

• Advertisement

mark17j wrote: »
    For the second time i'm not talking about his previous router i'm talking about his current ok. lol

That will get him back to where he is now, what's going to be different the second time around?

it erases stored settings on the PC that was made on the home network..the settings saved on his network, differed to the modems security, that's where his problem lies. so doing this, is like connecting to the router again from fresh, leading him to create a new Home Network without the previous flaws.

BTW OP, are you still having probs connecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

The OP tried connecting to the network already but incorrectly entered the settngs, therefore the stored profile for his current modem are incorrect hence the settings saved do not match...

Ths is the reason the OP needs to delete the profile as he will not be able to connect to the profile again until he does so...

Other alternative would be to go to manage wireless network, go to the properties for the profile and change the settings to the correct settings, he will therefore not need to remove the profile but will be altering it to the correct settings...

Deleting and reconnecting being the quickest solution...

Advertisement