Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childminder costs

Options
  • 19-10-2011 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys, Im a new mother and new to boards so not sure if im posting in the right place. Just wondering if anyone could guide me on the cost of childminding. i am living in cork and looking for a childminder for 4 days per week from 8 - 5.30pm for a 10month old.

Also wondering how to go about finding a childminder, dont know anyone in the area and no luck on local notice boards. The few names iv managed to get already have kids and cant take any more.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The local childcare committee and the HSE will have a list of registered childminders in your locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i paid 110 with my first child that was with food.now he is in a creche and its 155 with no food!! word of mouth is how i found ours oringally although she no longer does it now hence he is in the creche!! im in clare though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We're paying 30 euro per day. We found the childminder from the Local Childcare Committee list - not in Cork so can't help with specifics though. The smaller childminders only have to voluntarily register with them but I thought that was a good sign because they were willing to have someone from the committee visit them etc.
    Once you get the list just call and see who has vacancies and take it from there.

Advertisement