Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will changing ISP resolve my problems with Eircom?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What exchange are you on? In other cases eircom have simply limited all customers to 3 mbps so as to avoid contention issues. I think the exchange in Golden, Co. Tipp is an example of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

If your in an area that can get UPC that will make a difference as UPC do not use Eircoms lines or exchanges so should solve your problem straight away. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What exchange are you on? In other cases eircom have simply limited all customers to 3 mbps so as to avoid contention issues. I think the exchange in Golden, Co. Tipp is an example of this.

BennettsBridge exchange, village 5 miles outside Kilkenny City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

..Brian.. wrote: »
    If your in an area that can get UPC that will make a difference as UPC do not use Eircoms lines or exchanges so should solve your problem straight away. :D

Would have moved a long time ago if it was available here

Advertisement