Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Bin Collection - Dublin 14

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Howdy all, looking for some quick info and thought I would get a quick answer here.

Does anyone know on what day of the week the black refuse bin gets collected. My folks live in and around the Rathfarnham Shopping Centre, near Butterfield Ave. The bin service transferred from South Dub Co Co to Greyhound recently and the dates have changed.

All proving to be a bit of a mystery. If you want to know why I'm asking......check out the Dementia thread :-(

All assistance appreciated.

garbanzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Looking at their site I'd say it is on a Tuesday, see here

Here is the timetable for the Tuesday with the Bin Collections colour coordinated.

Try to sign up to the text alert to your mobile, this way you can be notified the day before of the collection and you can pass on the info yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Hey thanks RosieJoe. I saw the greyhound link too and hence I put the black bin out on monday night but it wasn't collected on Tuesday. Maybe they work their collections on a fortnightly basis?

I will try and suss out the text alert option though, I was signed up for it on my folks' behalf for the brown bin. However the text said the brown bin was due for collection on Monday and it never was !

Have a message left with Greyhound too, but they never rang me back.....:-(

AAAaaaaggghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I live around there and get the black bin collected on a wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

garbanzo wrote: »
    Maybe they work their collections on a fortnightly basis?

Yes, it's every second week. This week was brown bin so next week will be black/green.

Cheers Olaetta.....thought it might woork like that. Boards.ie is just great for this sort of stuff. Thanks all. Tough scenario so all help appreciated.

• Advertisement

Finally got Greyhound on the phone. Apparently they collect early on a Monday morning so you need to put the bin out on a Sunday night. Guess what, i missed it so have to wait another week-and-a-half. Anyway, mystery solved. Thanks for tipping in y'all.

Advertisement