Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red dot sight problem - advice please

• 19-10-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38

I had the red dot sights zeroed in very well from 25m on my Hammerli Xsse but when I went to the line to shoot in competition at the weekend I was way left! Luckily I spotted one hit on the extreme left of the target and was able to make a guess at a correction. I finished up with a score of sorts..
    I looked at the sights tonight and there seems to be a main red dot with an after image - the after image seems to be the correct point of aim.
    Could changing the battery have affected them?
    I'd welcome advice please as I find them a wonderful advance on black sights shooting on black targets.
    Thanks in advance
    JJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dewan wrote: »
    I find them a wonderful advance on black sights shooting on black targets.
    Er, just to digress momentarily, but you were using a sub-six hold with the iron sights, weren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

What type of red dot sight is it?

Holographic ramp or tube (like a scope)

If yoy are seeing two dots it may be crooked so you see what you would if you shone a lamp on a double glazed window at an angle (Ramp)

If its a tube sight that should not be possible

My first guess would be that it took a knock

You could give Hilltop a shout and ask them.if you could drop by and get them to take a look at it for you - a number of members there have been using various forms of red dot on their pistols and rifles for years so Pat and the lads may be able.to shine some llght (pun intended) on your problem

Your shooting Bullseye I assume? Visually shooting off to cater for a bad sight picture will be unforgiving on such a small target so best to get it sorted ASAP?

B'Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Dewan

It's Holographic. Don't know the make - will examine it later. It may have got a knock but I can't see when. I'll look up Hilltop and maybe make it a daytrip.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Dewan wrote: »
    It's Holographic. Don't know the make - will examine it later. It may have got a knock but I can't see when. I'll look up Hilltop and maybe make it a daytrip.
    Thanks

Not sure if they can help but no harm in asking (Hilltop)

B'Man

Advertisement