Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Xbox Live "Deal of The Week"

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a thread for each weeks Xbox Live Deal of the Week and the new released game for each week :)

For those who don't know each Wednesday Microsoft discounts a certain Xbox Live Game title and puts it in the spot light :) and makes a couple of quid savings.

This weeks new game:

Jet Car Stunts

Quite a nice little game :) Just got it myself, nice graphics and a good challenge

Jet Car Stunts is an award winning, over the top, addictive, 3D driving game, with massive jumps, mid-air hoops, floating platforms, spiral roadways and outlandish maneuvers in impossible environments.

Jet Car Stunts is not your typical driving game, the challenge isn't to race your opponents, the challenge is the insane stunt courses themselves. It’s not just about driving, it’s also about flying. To reach the finish line, you will need to hone your skills.

Jet Car Stunts (for Windows Phone) features over 70 levels spread across 3 Game Modes:
    Platforming - Just get to the finish line.
    Time Trial - Race against the clock.
    Freestyle - Perform stunts for score.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Escape to a puzzle game fantasy world filled with amazing creatures, powerful weapons, and addictive role playing in this sequel to the award-winning Puzzle Quest.

Get it here

Havent tried myself, but hey theres always a trial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Got the Jet Stunt Car game. The car handles really well with the tilt controls but unfortunately I'm still pretty crap. Good fun though :-D

Bring this back from the dead :)

Navigon is on sale in the Windows Phone Marketplace. For how long we're not sure but the U.S. maps version has dropped from $49.99 to $24.99 and the European version has dropped from $84.00 Euros to $72.99 Euros

I've got this myself and it is top notch sat nav. Only downside is that its not mango.

Likewise, Surfcube 3D browser, which sets the standard for a great UI while browsing, is also on sale for $0.99. Surfcube 3D is a great tabbed browsing experience that allows you use gestures to "rotate" the screen around for quick access to the address bar, tabs and options. You also get full-screen browsing and some great share features as well. The app recently under went some Mango-upgrades itself and if you surf a lot, you'll want to give this great app a trial run too. Pick that up here in the Marketplace.

IM+ Pro, the all inclusive instant messaging app with push notifications and Mango-optimizations, is 50% off from its usual $4.99 to a more reasonable $2.49. The app just hit v1.9 recently, adding more improvements. There is of course a free version of the app with ads, but with the Pro you get a less cluttered, more streamlined look--which is what we personally opt for. Seems like a good deal though, so grab it here in the Marketplace if interested

Tetris is also the DOW. You can get it for 2.99 from 4.99 its not just plain old Tetris it has lots if different gaming modes. So get a trial before ya buy it :-)

Tetris link here http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=bfb3bcbd-a8d9-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

New game this week is Farm Frenzy 2 :) Got this myself and its a brilliant game. I remeber playing this on the N97 with a stylus :) this is alot easier on wp7 + you get achievements :)

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=fedcf5e8-5446-458f-99a7-e09d4a171816

We got two new games this week.

One of them is Shuffle Party (link) which is free and is quite a nice relaxing game :) You can also 50G to your gamerscore with this.
    Shuffle Party brings the classic table game to Windows Phone with a twist. Knock down spares and strikes in Bowling Mode with easy to use touch controls. Perfect your skill shot in a series of puzzles in the exciting new Challenge Mode! Earn cash for your high scores to spend on custom pucks, pins and tables. Play traditional shuffleboard solo or get your friends in on the action with pass and play multiplayer. Your Avatar can even join the fun as you unlock Achievements for your Xbox LIVE account. Shuffle Party will bowl you over.

Got it myself and its really nice (has bowling [sort of]) since Microsoft Ads are not supported outside US its a completely free game :)

The second game is called Ghostscape (link). It is sort of a find an object puzzle game which is quite nice :) Ive always enjoyed challenging games (unlike angry birds ;] )
    Investigate this haunted house to find out what happened to the people who lived and died here. Discover ancient occult artefacts, evidence of sacred rituals and photograph the ghosts in action if you can. Explore this place, discover its secrets and try to escape with the evidence...alive!

Its 2.99 in the marketplace as the standard price

And the Deal of the week is (drum roll!!!) geoDefence URL="http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/20867249-9772-e011-81d2-78e7d1fa76f8"]link[/URL. Quite a spectacular looking tower defence game [especially if you have an amoled screen cause the colours just pop out of it]
    Something exciting and new in the Tower Defense genre! The geometric vector creeps are fast and intense. With 30 different maps, each its own puzzle, you'll have to work fast to keep up.

Using exciting vectorized graphics, this highly kinetic game brings a whole new dimension to the tower defense genre. Devastate creeps with blasters, lasers and missiles and watch their energy debris swirl through the gravity wells of your vortex towers. Now it's time to figure out how to put that absorbed energy to good use...

With the ability to compete for the high score with friends on the leaderboards and exclusive Xbox LIVE achievements, this is a tower defense game like no other!

Its 1.99 in the marketplace up till next Wednesday

• Advertisement

Advertisement