Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Phone Recommendation

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know you probably get loads of people asking on here what phone is best but I really don't know much about all these new smart phones on the market and what is good for what. I hope the information below helps.
    What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    • Wifi is very important to me.
    • I definitely need a good app or program for sending and receiving emails.
    • A good web browser is a must as well with a big screen and possibly the ability to zoom in on things.
    • And finally I need something so that I can read and possibly make some minor adjustments to spreadsheets, word docs and pdfs easily enough.
    • A durable long lasting phone would be an added bonus.
    Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    • I would much prefer touchscreen to any other type out there.
    Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    • I definitely need Wifi. 3G/mobile internet is something I would like too.
    Operator - have you an operator preference
    • 3 look like they have the best price plan for prepay but I'm not too bothered as long as I get the best deal.
    Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    • Pre-pay is my preference. I do not want to go Bill pay at all.
    Price range
    • I'd be hoping for ~€220 max. I don't know if that would suffice.

I really hope you can help me as I'm currently a bit lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Hi,

I know you probably get loads of people asking on here what phone is best but I really don't know much about all these new smart phones on the market and what is good for what. I hope the information below helps.
    I really hope you can help me as I'm currently a bit lost.

Have a look here. High end Windows Phone 7. Covers the need for office, 3G, Wifi and brilliant browser, email clients and good battery life. Its sim free so you can go to any network you like as well :)

You can find more info on windows phone here

Or you could take a second hand one on android.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

[/INDENT]

Have a look here. High end Windows Phone 7. Covers the need for office, 3G, Wifi and brilliant browser, email clients and good battery life. Its sim free so you can go to any network you like as well :)

You can find more info on windows phone here

Or you could take a second hand one on android.....
    Thanks that looks very good.
    This post has been deleted.
    I'll certainly do that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Older version Andriod or iphone 3gs. If you wifi a lot then you need a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Don't just join a network. Get a free pre pay sim and test out the signal. You want to see good 3G signal where you live, work and play so you get the most out of your new toy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement