Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I go after Nike Skylon 11??

• 19-10-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been wearing Nike Skylon 11 for the past few years. I used to try mix them with other shoes but after a while I found they were so much better than anything else I owned that I just wore them for pretty much everything. When my last pair were truly worn out I dug out some old pairs that hadn't quite as much wear and have been wearing them since. But now I think I really need new shoes! Skylons have been discontinued, so can any other Skylon fans tell me what they've switched to???

For info:
    I wear custom-made insoles.
    I weigh about 8.5 stone.
    I would run about 60-75 miles per week at this time of year.
    Until now I've worn Skylons for everything from 300m intervals right up to 15 mile runs.

(Moderators, please don't move this thread into 'Gear and Equipment' - it's about running, not gadgets!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I had one pair of Skylons, but can't really call myself a fan of them. I moved on to the Lunar Elites when the Skylons were discontinued (but would have moved on anyway, as the shoes never felt 100% right).

The Saucony Kinvaras might be worth a look as well. To me they are what the guy who had originally recommended the Skylons to me had made them out as - pefect, lightweight trainers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

cfitz wrote: »
    (Moderators, please don't move this thread into 'Gear and Equipment' - it's about running, not gadgets!)

Mod: Shoes are very much part of gear. This is not designed to be a graveyard forum but rather help by attracting people with a knowledge on shoes to answer your questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

ecoli wrote: »
    Mod: Shoes are very much part of gear. This is not designed to be a graveyard forum but rather help by attracting people with a knowledge on shoes to answer your questions

True. But I wanted people who were interested in running to answer my post. Not people who are interested in 'equipment and gear'. I never read this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

But shoes are equipment/gear!:pac:
    Half the threads in here are about shoes!

Try these

saucony kinvara (soft)
    saucony (firmer)
    brooks st5 (racer but works for long distance apparently, responsive)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

the Skylon is a very flexible shoe with alot of flex grooves so I would go for something like the Saucony Kinvara,Mizuno precision,brooks launch or ghost(also had a friend who went from skylon's to Glycerin)

3 features you will probably like:

something light
    something flxible
    something responsive

glasso wrote: »
    Try these

saucony kinvara (soft)
    saucony fastwitch (firmer and has some stability)
    brooks st5 (racer but works for long distance apparently, responsive)

correction

Advertisement