Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BrownBeards Blog

• 20-10-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

The Goal;
    1000km before the end of the year.
    This only works out at about 70-80km per week but I'm gonna try to stay at least 100-150km per week to account for the awful weather we are bound to have by the looks of things. This short term goal is really to prep for propper events for the likes of real cyclists next year, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The Steed;
    A slightly seasoned, but not too elderly 14sp road bike named Peggy. Saw her in the LBS the day before my birthday, and decided to get myself a prezzie! Wanted a road bike for years and have always been cycling round on sh***y, but well loved mountain bikes. Now I have one and finally feel like a real cyclist. She has slightly dated sora mech, but nice STI shifters, alu frame etc.. Picked her up for cheaper than I'd like to say. suffice it to say; there's not a gram of carbon on her.

Me;
    In my 20's, out of college, out of work, off the fags for about 6 months. Used to urban cycling (about 4-5 years now), and long commutes of ~30-40k (round trip) a couple of times a week (on mountain bikes). Absolutely love cycling. Can't get enough of it etc...

The reason;
    Got a saddle sore at the moment. I don't want to make it angry so I'm off the bike for a couple of days, thus i thought i'd write this training log. I've been reading a few other logs and they're really impressive, Inquitus' in particular is awesome. I don't expect this one to be nearly as much use to anyone but if you are reading then post up any advice/let me know if you think I'm doing something hilariously stupid. I'm new to all this so sorry you might have to put up with mis-use of terminology etc.

Oh, and I have a terrible record of keeping records/logs like this, so it might gather a good bit of dust rather quickly. Anything and everything can distract me from keeping a log like this. but the only thing that'll stop me cycling is injury.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brownbeard

Still off the bike today. Hope my örse gets better soon. I might have to invest in some funny lookin clothes to cycle in. The weather's looking a bit Krapp for the rest of the week, and I'm missing the nice bits which sucks. Hope my weekly total doesn't dip below 100k. Anyway, I've attached my progress so far, forgot to put this in last night.

I haven't got any fancy toys to record average speed or heart rate or anything like that and I always, without fail, forget to time my rides, so the only data I have to present is the distance. Ta dah! The 40k isn't as almost-like-a-real-cycle as it looks. That's 20k to the city and 20k back. I'd like to be able to build up my endurance to do a modest 50k ride but maybe not this side of xmas.
    "Winter is coming..."

Advertisement