Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with laptop

Options
  • 19-10-2011 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Im new to this board and need some advice. i bought a laptop in august 2011 and it has developed a major problem as in the store or their suppliers upgraded the unit to a 6gb and the system has crashed. the maker will not stand over the warranty as the parts used in the upgrade are not theirs.I bought the laptop brand new and in good faith from this store but the staff are so rude and unhelpfull its unreal. I have mailed Head office and rang but no reply.Consumer agency cant help much either. Anybody any advice? Thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Just take the new RAM out. RAM is user upgrade able so if you have the laptop back to original configuration they should honor the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The manufacturer not standing over the warranty is of no consequence as in law your contract is with the retailer so don't let them fob you off with this BS.

Advertisement