Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering by CC via the Apple USA Online Store?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering a refurbished Apple computer from the Apple USA Online Store - refurbished goods aren't sold through the brick and mortar American stores. Delivery would be to family who live in the States.

Does anybody know if the US Online Store will accept an Irish Credit Card with an Irish Billing Address for payment?

Is there another way to do this? e.g.

Would Apple accept payment via a Wire Transfer from an Irish Bank Account?

Or would an Irish Credit Card work if my bank were asked to put the American Delivery address on the credit card?

Sorry if this was recently answered - I searched Boards but couldn't see one.

Thanks all,

eorpach

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't think the US store will accept non-US credit cards.

I tried a while back, plus I also tried an Irish credit card in the UK store and it did not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Apple will direct you back to your default store, ie, .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I managed to use an Irish credit card to buy an iPad2 on US launchday. I put the US delivery address as my billing address. My bank rang me within 45 minutes of the order being placed and I approved the transaction.
    Ipad was delivered 5 days later.
    I may have been very lucky because they were so busy with the number of orders on that particular day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

And I ordered a 4s from the uk site with my irish card last week, it is being delivered today.

Go for it OP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How does this work out with tax/delivery when bringing it back to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Gileadi wrote: »
    And I ordered a 4s from the uk site with my irish card last week, it is being delivered today.

Go for it OP

Presume you used a UK delivery address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Gileadi wrote: »

Go for it OP

How long did it take from ordering to delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

jamieh wrote: »
    Presume you used a UK delivery address?

Yea a UK address, ordered around last week, a day or 2 before they started actually selling them in stores, listed as out for delivery today

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Thanks to all those who replied.

FYI, ordering from the US Apple website using my Irish credit card was possible by doing the following:

- Called my credit card company and had them add the American postal address to my account. They confirmed that this address could then be used as a billing address on any website, instead of my Irish one.
    - Made a purchase from the American Apple website, using that American address as the billing and delivery address.
    - I called my credit card company to warn them that an Apple transaction was coming through and it should be accepted. They made a note.

Apple processed the credit card without any issues and delivered the order to my American address. Which I then collected Stateside.

I'm a satisfied bargain hunter - and happily Apple products come with a worldwide warranty!

Advertisement