Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending 30 day contract

Options
  • 20-10-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Im on one of those 30 day contracts with meteor, which means its easy to get off anytime you like (or supposed to be)

emailed them yesterday and got a response today that didnt answer my question and answered some other questions i didnt ask nor did it help.

Anyway i was just wondering can i just port my number over to another network, and will that automatically cancel the account im on and meteor send me a final bill? Will the new network notify them that they hold the number now etc etc?

Simple questions like that could not be answered by meteor themselves, disgraceful customer service so they have

Thanks to anyone on here who might be able to help me, seen as my own network couldnt do it.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Call and give them 30 day notice. When that is up go into your new provider and sign up. Your number should be active within a few hours on your new network

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭allroad

I emailed 02 with all the necessary details to cancel my 30 day contract and received an email telling me I had to ring another department to cancel. I responded with the appropriate contract paragraph which specifies cancellation in writing. Emails went back and forward for a while and I finally got someone to agree to cancel the contract.
    They then tried to take the cancellation notification from one month after the original notification - the period they spent refusing to accept notification in writing.
    Got it sorted, I think, but be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Problem Solved, got a call from a nice girl in customer service....

Ended up getting a special plan which aint even listed on their website...

Good value for money... Good work from meteor on that aspect.....

Glad to see theres some good staff in these companys....

Advertisement