Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Food Biz

Options
  • 20-10-2011 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about starting a food business for the retail market.
    I have a background in food and running my own business...but this is new to me...suplying shops.
    Its going to be a high quality product ..mid range price...hand made and nicely but simply packaged.
    was going to start with maybe 6 products.
    Soup
    Pesto
    Dressings x 3
    Pasta sauce

So i can make great products all day long...no problem.
    I can get good design for packaging by an artist friend
    I have a kitchen etc.

I plan on doing farmers markets but my main goal is shops.
    Whats the best root to market for this type of frsh product...anyone any experience of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi Boots

Where are you based? Maybe we could meet for a chat? Regards Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Hi Boots.

You say you have worked in the food industry so I'll spare you the usual food safety/hygiene req, HACCP,Pre-req programs, traceability..etc..etc

Have you identified your products USP? The market is pretty much a jungle..so the market is looking for something different and will add value.
    Try going on Bord Bias website and download all the free market research papers. Its a great resource and can help you understand the mind of buyers and customers.

I have experience dealing with the buyers in some of the major multiples, so if you can refine exactly what you need to know I can try and help you out.

Advertisement