Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

EE sorry to hear about the loss in your family.

Just on side not Adrian still has Admin rights in the Prem as do I. Once you give someone rights it never goes away unless they exit the league for some daft reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    EE sorry to hear about the loss in your family.

Just on side not Adrian still has Admin rights in the Prem as do I. Once you give someone rights it never goes away unless they exit the league for some daft reason.

Would you be able to remove one of the players not playing this year so I can join the league?

Lucan Liverbirds or Dublin Blades can be removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

adrian522 wrote: »
    Would you be able to remove one of the players not playing this year so I can join the league?

Lucan Liverbirds or Dublin Blades can be removed.

I've removed both of those.. you have to do it in two-team increments anyway.
    PM me your email address and I'll invite you to join.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've removed both of those.. you have to do it in two-team increments anyway.
    PM me your email address and I'll invite you to join.

Thanks, I've joined now (4thandForever), could you give me league admin priviliges and I'll go about getting everyone signed up and remove players who should not be there.

Thanks, I've joined now (4thandForever), could you give me league admin priviliges and I'll go about getting everyone signed up and remove players who should not be there.

Looks like eagle eye will have to assign you LM privileges, I can do everything except that as far as I can see.

• Advertisement

Looks like eagle eye will have to assign you LM privileges, I can do everything except that as far as I can see.

OK, thanks, I'll drop him a PM.

I've got the relevant access now so have removed those not playing this year. I've sent a PM to the 3 guys who need to join so hopefully we will be pretty set by the end of the week,

Don't forget to vote on your preferred draft date and time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

where is the vote for draft time?

doodle.com/poll/fkuasmeve2rs5irt

Kev here

awesome. and poll is done :)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 6th at 9pm is crushing it. Safe to say that is the draft date at this point. Will have to figure out how I am going to draft in work now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I know my team will be autodrafted anyway. Damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

hey guappa thanks for removing me (Dublin blades) without as much as a pm asking me if im playing again ....

D3PO wrote: »
    hey guappa thanks for removing me (Dublin blades) without as much as a pm asking me if im playing again ....

Dude to be fair the fantasy threads go up in June/July every year.

I removed people who had not posted to say they are playing this year. There were posts in the fantasy football forum, the American football forum, all the individual division threads were posted in to say the leagues were starting again.

As with every other year you needed to post by end July to retake your place in the leagues.

I'm not sure what more I could have done to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

very hard to send somebody a pm and ask hey are you playing this year. apprecaite by th eletter of the law im in the wrong but jesus ive spent enough years in this league that a courtesy pm could have been sent. sometimes peopel jsut get really jammed up in real life after all..

very hard to send somebody a pm and ask hey are you playing this year. apprecaite by th eletter of the law im in the wrong but jesus ive spent enough years in this league that a courtesy pm could have been sent. sometimes peopel jsut get really jammed up in real life after all..

Sorry that you missed out D3PO, but as mentioned already this thread was bumped, there was threads on the main AF and fantasy forums, and you would have got a notification email when the league was re-activated.

Sure, a courtesy PM would have been nice, but in fairness league GMs have real lives too. As a league regular you would be aware that sign up threads go up early every year, so while it's never nice to see a regular miss out, it's nobody's fault but your own to be honest.

Hi,

The draft is set for Tuesday September 6th @ 9pm Irish Time.

I've also updated the schedule for each week using the format agreed the previous off season.

Another autodraft for me. Going to be a tough season in this league with autodraft

If I am busy that day it will be auto for me also given its during my working hours. Fun times.

• Advertisement

If you set your pre draft rankings, does it draft based off that or does it do its own thing based off the NFL.com rankings?

If you set your pre draft rankings, does it draft based off that or does it do its own thing based off the NFL.com rankings?

pre-draft rankings but unless you know how everyone else drafts it's fairly useless. Not much I can do but get on with it

Pre draft rankings it will try take the next guy on your list first and then it will grab the guy on their list. I have done the pre draft rankings and to be honest they are not complicated enough to be any better than how the nfl.com auto does it anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think it uses your own rankings. But I find it hard to use the rankings as you just don't know what you are going to get in the draft. You could go in thinking you are going to draft 2 wrs first round but then you get 1st pick and you take say AP. So that totally changes your rankings and your draft strategy.

I guess it may help people if they knew the draft positions early so they could set their rankings.

Raoul wrote: »
    I guess it may help people if they knew the draft positions early so they could set their rankings.

Can't be done on NFL.com unless you set your own draft order.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Sorry that you missed out D3PO, but as mentioned already this thread was bumped, there was threads on the main AF and fantasy forums, and you would have got a notification email when the league was re-activated.

Sure, a courtesy PM would have been nice, but in fairness league GMs have real lives too. As a league regular you would be aware that sign up threads go up early every year, so while it's never nice to see a regular miss out, it's nobody's fault but your own to be honest.

I want to add to D3POs comment here to say that I got no notification whatsoever other than an email to say the league was activated (this came from fantasy NFL and not boards). With this email, I logged into the league with my team Lucan Liverbirds. There was nothing else to be done. As far as I was concerned the next step was the draft.

I think it's ridiculous that I've been kicked out without so much as a warning or DM. Like D3PO I've been a reliable participant in this league for a number of years and at the very least would have expected a little notice.

sports_fan wrote: »
    I want to add to D3POs comment here to say that I got no notification whatsoever other than an email to say the league was activated (this came from fantasy NFL and not boards). With this email, I logged into the league with my team Lucan Liverbirds. There was nothing else to be done. As far as I was concerned the next step was the draft.

I think it's ridiculous that I've been kicked out without so much as a warning or DM. Like D3PO I've been a reliable participant in this league for a number of years and at the very least would have expected a little notice.

Why didn't you come on here and check though?

Because as I said I thought logging in was enough to say I'm here, I'll be playing. I don't spend very much time on boards other than to find out when the draft time is. Only noticed I had been kicked out of league today when opening the app

Because as I said I thought logging in was enough to say I'm here, I'll be playing. I don't spend very much time on boards other than to find out when the draft time is. Only noticed I had been kicked out of league today when opening the app

But these are Boards.ie leagues and all of the information about said leagues are contained this forum every June and July. We all get personal life gets in the way sometimes but we all have lives to live including the GMs and organizers of these leagues every year.

• Advertisement

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    But these are Boards.ie leagues and all of the information about said leagues are contained this forum every June and July.

Why do I need to check in June and July for a league that starts in September? And as stated previously I felt there was no need given I had already logged into the league

Why do I need to check in June and July for a league that starts in September? And as stated previously I felt there was no need given I had already logged into the league

Because that is how the league is run and you would know that by checking in every June and or July. It baffles me how this issue arises every year and guys say oh why should I check into the forum that created and runs the league?

Simple answer because that is the best place to get updates on when the leagues are restarting and when you are supposed to leave a message saying you are interested again and also updates of any rule changes. If I am coming off blunt so be it but a simple 2 minute check onto the forum running the league would have given you guys the information you needed really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

If you're not checking boards enough to see the threads in the AF forum and fantasy forum then you've no right to be in the boards leagues imo

Just for the record D3PO and Sports_fan. Both of you guys checked into this thread or the main Fantasy thread with no problems at all last 2 seasons.

Seriously, how far do I have to go to get people to engage with the fantasy football forums? Apart from constant posts in each division thread, the main thread, last year's thread, activating all the divisions.

Keeping track of everyone who has posted, what division they are in , who is promoted, who is relegated, what their team names are, sorting out GMs for every league, making sure every league is setup correctly.

On top of all that you expect me to send everyone an individual pm to everyone and wait for a reply? All I have is a team name from last year, I don't even know the associated boards username.

You already get an email from NFL.com

In fairness if you have been playing this many years you have no excuse for not knowing you need to post in the thread by July so we can get setup to draft by end of august.

Don't forget the draft is tonight at 9pm,

• Advertisement

Any chance of releasing the draft order early?

It's only set 30 mins prior to the draft. I could set it manually, but couldn't decide what my preferred draft position was so just left it as is :)

Ah fair enough. I thought that you could set it earlier even if it was randomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

4th Pick...not bad.

number 2 overall, not what I would have picked to be honest.

• Advertisement

better than 16th

Struggled to draft on the phone while I had other stuff to do. Couldn't check who was being drafted by others and who was available outside the top 10 or so at each position

Went with WRs for top 3 picks. Let's hope Dion Lewis is back at some stage. Overall don't think the team is bad, which is unusual for me in this league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Got held up at work and missed the whole thing. I'm going to struggle this season after that. I didn't have anything set up. At least I got Gronk!

My team

1. Devonta Freeman RB - ATLPICK 10
    2. Le'Veon Bell RB - PITView VideoPICK 23
    3. DeMarco Murray RB - TENPICK 42
    4. Drew Brees QB - NOPICK 55
    5. Travis Kelce TE - KCPICK 74
    6. Michael Thomas WR - NOPICK 87
    7. Travis Benjamin WR - SDPICK 106
    8. Mike Wallace WR - BALPICK 119
    9. Devontae Booker RB - DENPICK 138
    10. Chris Hogan WR - NEPICK 151
    11. Malcolm Mitchell WR - NEPICK 170
    12. Braxton Miller WR - HOUPICK 183
    13. Brandon McManus K - DENPICK 202
    14. Matt Prater K - DETPICK 215

Happy with my backs especially Booker if he takes over the lead role in Denver which I think he will. But my WR are just avverage and some a gamble. Weird thing is I had 10 defenses and 10 kickers in my queue and I got 2 kickers haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Is there any leagues still yet to draft with space?? I'd probably enter two

brady23 wrote: »
    Is there any leagues still yet to draft with space?? I'd probably enter two

Probably not as most of the Boards leagues have drafted. I would check in the main Fantasy thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011&page=8

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

Drafted:
    QB:
    Cam Newton
    Ryan Tannehill

RB:
    Matt Jones
    Thomas Rawls
    Jerrick McKinnon

WR:
    Keenan Allen
    Torrey Smith
    Tavon Austin
    LeQuan Treadwell
    Pierre Garcon

TE:
    Jason Witten
    Gary Barnidge

K:
    Dustin Hopkins

DEF:
    Buffalo Bills

Not happy with my running backs so probably look to trade or pick someone up off the waivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Thats decided it, i'm gonna be relegated, got this as my draft recap

DRAFT RECAP

IN SPITE OF SOME EARLY-ROUND REACHES, SPAWN OF SPONGEY IS HEADED FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Draft Grade
    A+
    Proj Record
    10-3
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    After a strong showing from the eighth draft slot, Spawn of Spongey is a team to keep an eye on, building a roster with playoff potential. With five wide receivers on the roster, they have both quality and quantity at that spot. Their receivers are projected to average 131.58 points this season, more than the league average of 119.61. Elsewhere on the roster, Spawn of Spongey was able to land a better-than-average foursome of running backs.
    The other league managers may have passed over a diamond in the rough, as Greg Olsen dropped to the 57th overall pick versus an ADP of 42.0.
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Mohamed Sanu in the 8th round (121st overall pick versus an ADP of 144.4 across all NFL.com leagues).
    With 355 projected rushing yards (ranking fifth among QBs), Blake Bortles has multiple ways to bring in points.

My draft went ok I thought. I'd hoped to grab Cousins as my backup QB but he went a few picks before me, and at TE I had a few I'd have been ok with but most got snapped up before my pick.

It's a bit of an issue having 30+ picks before your next pick, but then you get 2 close together.

QB's:

Tom Brady
    Ryan FitzPatrick

WR:

Antonio Brown
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jordan Matthews
    Tyler Boyd
    Josh Gordon

RB:

Johnathon Stewart
    Frank Gore
    Deandre Washington
    James White

TE:

Zach Miller

May as well stick up my team

QB
    Eli Manning

RB
    Chris Ivory
    Duke Johnson
    Diom Lewis
    Paul Perkins

WR
    Odell Beckham
    Brandin Cooks
    Julian Edelman
    Willie Snead
    Philip Dorsett
    Josh Doctson

TE
    Jared Cook

DST
    Vikings

K
    Myers (Jax)

(So basically I need average production from my RBs and hope the Giants score buckets of TDs)

• Advertisement
Advertisement