Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

No point sticking up teams if you are just discussing with yourself.

Adrian, I really like that team. Brady, Mathews, Stewart, Gore and Miller, all great pickups. I am thinking we may listen to some similar podcasts.

Dodge, pretty strong team, especially at WR, 4 guys that will be excellent and 2 who could be very good. I would be a bit worried about the RBs, Ivory is very undervalued though. I like him. I have no idea what Duke Johnson will be like and same for the other two.

Deccy, I have a few good RBs, have a look at my team if you are interested in trading. I am really happy with my team though so I would be driving a hard bargain.

Here is my team:
    1t9CPp.jpg

Delighted with RBs, Zeke will hopefully be a monstor. Shady looks fully healthy and won't have Karlos Williams stealing touches. Henry and Michael could be the leading backs in teams with good run offence. I didn't need the last two but couldn't pass on them considering where they were going.

WRs are nothing to write home about. Landry was excellent last year. The rest are all iffy I think. I think my pick of Steve Smith could work out good value considering where I took him. If he is half the player he was before he got injured it will be an excellent pick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

To be honest, I've done little or no research this year. Haven't really been into the podcasts and things at all. Hopefully once the season gets going I'll be into it a bit more but short on time at the moment.

I did swipe the rankings from ESPN though rather than following the NFL defaults or doing any work myself!

I'm assuming you took your 2 running backs early? I went WR early as I always seem to need to replace running backs before too long due to injury or just being sh!te.

WR I think is a bit more predictable, not as many injuries and the top guys usually perform.

I think the draft is only half the battle, last season in the championship game I only had 2 starters that I drafted, all the others I pciked up off waivers or traded for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Raoul wrote: »
    Dodge, pretty strong team, especially at WR, 4 guys that will be excellent and 2 who could be very good. I would be a bit worried about the RBs, Ivory is very undervalued though. I like him. I have no idea what Duke Johnson will be like and same for the other two.

I nearly always go strong on WRs in this league as we play 3 and I hope I can bank on 3 good performances there every week. If a couple pop, I could have some trade value there too

I was drafting on phone and didn't realise until way too late that all the half decent TEs were gone. For RBs I went with 2 guys who'll be starters and then hopefully Dion Lewis can be strong down the finish. It's definitely my weak spot

Don't know who the Arsenal Jets is but they were in front of me half the time and I really like their team. 4th and forever looks really well balanced

adrian522 wrote: »
    To be honest, I've done little or no research this year. Haven't really been into the podcasts and things at all. Hopefully once the season gets going I'll be into it a bit more but short on time at the moment.

I did swipe the rankings from ESPN though rather than following the NFL defaults or doing any work myself!

I'm assuming you took your 2 running backs early? I went WR early as I always seem to need to replace running backs before too long due to injury or just being sh!te.

WR I think is a bit more predictable, not as many injuries and the top guys usually perform.

I think the draft is only half the battle, last season in the championship game I only had 2 starters that I drafted, all the others I pciked up off waivers or traded for.

Yeah took my RBs early. I try and not be fixed in at I have to take a WR first. Just take what comes. If the 4 guys get going then I should be able to trade one of them for a good WR.

WR is definitely more dependable if you have one of the top guys, I am not so sure when you are talking about your third WR, it is a bit of a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Dodge wrote: »
    Don't know who the Arsenal Jets is but they were in front of me half the time and I really like their team. 4th and forever looks really well balanced

The Arsenal Jets is my team, I was happy enough with how it worked out but it's such lucky dip once you go beyond round 4 in a 16-man league!

BUILT ON A FORMIDABLE CARTEL OF WIDEOUTS, THE ARSENAL JETS COULD BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP PICTURE

Draft Grade
    A
    Proj Record
    8-5
    Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
    After landing the fourth slot in the draft, The Arsenal Jets assembled a roster that will cause plenty of trouble for their opponents this season. They grabbed wide receivers early, using three of their first five picks to address that position. That early positional investment helped to yield the highest-scoring threesome of wide receivers in the league.
    Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Jeremy Langford in the 4th round was somewhat of a stretch (61st overall pick versus an ADP of 90.8).
    Ben Roethlisberger may have been a steal in the 7th round, with an overall pick of 100th compared to an ADP of 59.2).
    The Arsenal Jets got off to a sizzling start, amassing the most projected points in the league during the first half of the draft.

----

QB1: Ben Roethlisberger
    QB2: Kirk Cousins
    RB1: CJ Anderson
    RB2: Jeremy Langford
    RB3: Kenneth Dixon
    RB4: James Starks
    WR1: Julio Jones
    WR2: Randall Cobb
    WR3: Emmanuel Sanders
    WR4: Devin Funchess
    WR5: Breshad Perriman
    TE: Cody Fleender
    Def: Patriots
    K: Adam Vinatieri

I don't really see why anyone would draft Ben over some of the other QBs. He was pretty injury prone last year.

Your WRs are excellent. I wouldn't be too confident about CJ Anderson. I like Langford but loads of people don't. That doesn't really make sense to me.

Also, I like Cody Fleender haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I'm happy enough with how my draft went, which isn't necessarily a good thing, as the only other time that happened, I had a fairly poor season.

Here's my draft recap which isn't too optimistic recarding my chances;
    WITH AN OUTSTANDING COLLECTION OF RBS, DOUGLAS LIONS HOPES TO ESCAPE THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK

Draft Grade
    B-
    Proj Record
    6-7
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    Douglas Lions will have a great opportunity to prove the prognosticators wrong after being expected to finish ninth in Boards Prem League. They decided that the time for wide receivers was early, using three of their first five picks on that position. At another spot in the lineup, Douglas Lions was able to land one of the top foursomes of running backs in the league.
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Marvin Jones in the 5th round (69th overall pick versus an ADP of 122.2 across all NFL.com leagues).
    If other NFL.com users are right, Philip Rivers was a steal in the 7th round (101st overall pick versus an ADP of 78.9).

QB1: Philip Rivers
    QB2: Jay Cutler
    RB1: Todd Gurley
    RB2: Latavius Murray
    RB3: Charles Sims
    RB4: Buck Allen
    WR1: Sammy Watkins
    WR2: Allen Hurns
    WR3: Marvin Jones
    WR4: Rishard Matthews
    WR5: Terrance Williams
    TE: Eric Ebron
    K: Justin Tucker
    DEF: Bengals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Amazingly after drafting at 16 im actually relatively happy with my team. It really is tough going a full 31 picks not picking anyone though haha.

QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Eddie Lacy
    RB - Mark Ingram
    WR - Kamar Aiken
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Donte Moncrief
    TE - Julius Thomas
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Texans

BN - Sam Bradford
    BN - Jay Ajayi
    BN - Victor Cruz
    BN - Anquan Boldin
    BN - Martellus Bennett

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Amazingly after drafting at 16 im actually relatively happy with my team. It really is tough going a full 31 picks not picking anyone though haha.

QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Eddie Lacy
    RB - Mark Ingram
    WR - Kamar Aiken
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Donte Moncrief
    TE - Julius Thomas
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Texans

BN - Sam Bradford
    BN - Jay Ajayi
    BN - Victor Cruz
    BN - Anquan Boldin
    BN - Martellus Bennett

There is nothing wrong with drafting at 16. You get 2 picks in a row together. Did you take Ingram and Lacy in the 1st and 2nd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

If i could trade my team for anyone else's at this stage it'd be the Dundalk Oriels team whoever's it is!!
    Prob a bit weak at TE but ASJ has huge upside if he ever gets round to fulfilling it.

deccy15 wrote: »
    If i could trade my team for anyone else's at this stage it'd be the Dundalk Oriels team whoever's it is!!
    Prob a bit weak at TE but ASJ has huge upside if he ever gets round to fulfilling it.

Cheers mate! :)

I don't know how happy I am with it tbh. I think that my WRs are potentially strong but wouldn't be too sure.

Decent start from my team. I will be struggling hugely at RB all year though. Will win this game unless Gurlet gets 32.17 points tonight

Looking for a starting Running Back for Willie Snead. make me offers folks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Fecking Drew Brees. :(

I need over 4.04 points from the Steelers D. Surely, I should get that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

I am hanging on in there and need Antonio Brown not to have a monster night and score 22

• Advertisement

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    I am hanging on in there and need Antonio Brown not to have a monster night and score 22

That is a possibility! :eek:

I would expect Brown to get 23 pts :D

I need over 4.04 points from the Steelers D. Surely, I should get that???

You need 5 from them. 13 DST so far have got that. Gonna be tight but I think you'll be OK

Just got home from work and of course Brown has 10pts already the first half.

You need 5 from them. 13 DST so far have got that. Gonna be tight but I think you'll be OK

Phew. Got the 5 points!!! :D

• Advertisement

And I got my 22+ points from Brown!

Just saw that the Steelers got the second int in the last 18 seconds and it was never an int but by that stage nobody cared. WOO!!

And I got my 22+ points from Brown!

24.60 to be exact haha I hate you.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All my own fault that I lost my matchup. I just had a feeling that Alfred Morris would have a big game for the Cowboys even though he is a no.2 and took out Danny Amendola who had 18 points, Morris had 3.5 and I lost by ten.

Offering super fly Willie Snead for a starting RB

Or Philip Dorsett if you're looking to trade a decent back up RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Gotta love the competitiveness of this league. After 2 weeks and only 3 teams have 2-0 records

Gotta love the competitiveness of this league. After 2 weeks and only 3 teams have 2-0 records

Every year it's the same. Rarely anyone walks away their division and usually about 10-12 are in play off contention in the final weeks.

I think I could be struggling this year unless running backs get healthy

Some score you put up this week. Glad in a way I had a stinker because there was no way I was winning that matchup regardless!

Some score you put up this week. Glad in a way I had a stinker because there was no way I was winning that matchup regardless!

Just read the headlines, apparently i humiliated you and have established an early seaason dominance with a record of 1-1 :eek:

Kinda had solid performances from everyone so thats a good sign, except for AP's performance

im 0-2 to start this season with a combined points differential of -4.80 points across the 2 games. This is what I both simultaneously love and hate about this league :D the margins are so small in most cases that 1 dropped catch can lead to losing a game.

Can't wait to see how all these injuries start taking their toll on fantasy lineups

• Advertisement

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how all these injuries start taking their toll on fantasy lineups

I've started Tim Hightower twice. It's already taking a toll!!!

I'm 0-2 as well and could have won both games. Week 1 I left out Danny Woodhead and then last week I dropped Corey Coleman because RGIII wasn't playing and those choices cost me the win both weeks.

I put in Gronk last night because he was list as active but 0 points leaves me in a hole already. Danny Amendola gone for the season now too. It's not looking good.

That's against me. Went to bed knowing Gronk was "starting". Saw the score and figured he'd have 20 points!

Still going to be a very tight game this week

That's against me. Went to bed knowing Gronk was "starting". Saw the score and figured he'd have 20 points!

Still going to be a very tight game this week

Did this in the keeper league :mad::mad:. TBF if Gronk is playing you have to start him.

Did this in the keeper league :mad::mad:. TBF if Gronk is playing you have to start him.

The only league I have him in, I started Bennett instead. He didn't do much either.

The only league I have him in, I started Bennett instead. He didn't do much either.

Yeah but you know that if you make a stupid call you can get p*ssed off at yourself but when you make the right call and it doesn't go well..it isn't as bad?

Only Brissett and Blount scored more than 10 in a regular fantasy settings. Everyone else was 5 or less. Bad day for Pats skilled players in fantasy.

Yeah but you know that if you make a stupid call you can get p*ssed off at yourself but when you make the right call and it doesn't go well..it isn't as bad?

Oh yeah if Gronk had've gone off and Bennett got nothing I'd have been cursing.

deccy15 wrote: »

This went well :D:D:D.

• Advertisement

God bless the Vikings DST is all I'll say!

By some distance my highest scorer this week, and so far in 2016

Delighted here with 3 & 0 :)

Im in a dogfight with Spongey. I am 20 behind and have Brees, Freeman and Thomas to play and he has Matt Ryan and both secondaries are garbage. I need Thomas and Freeman to perform.

I'm going 0-3 now. Missing the draft cost me big and then injuries as well. Coleman out for six weeks is a big hit, Gronk hasn't done anything yet either. Woodhead going on IR really killed any chance I had.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm going 0-3 now. Missing the draft cost me big and then injuries as well. Coleman out for six weeks is a big hit, Gronk hasn't done anything yet either. Woodhead going on IR really killed any chance I had.

I was lucky to make this draft but other drafts there is nothing worse. 2 other Irish Leagues including the PPR I missed the draft and doign badly also.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Im in a dogfight with Sprongey. I am 20 behind and have Brees, Freeman and Thomas to play and he has Matt Ryan and both secondaries are garbage. I need Thomas and Freeman to perform.

Dogfight is right, i'd anticipate Ryan and Brees to balance out but the other 2 can easily get over 20 and under 20. Could go either way

• Advertisement

Lads, look at the state of the people we're picking up on the waiver wire...

Can someone remind me to draft RBs next year. Preferably one that aren't injured before the season starts.

Lads, look at the state of the people we're picking up on the waiver wire...

Can someone remind me to draft RBs next year. Preferably one that aren't injured before the season starts.

You are up against me this week. :) I'm delighted with how my RBs are going.

I don't think I am. I'm playing the Porto Jags and you're up against the Foxboro lads

I really hope theres no injury drama in the next few days before sunday's games. Heading over to London for the Jags - Colts game this afternoon and just know im gonna be too drunk to do anything with my fantasy lineup if changes are needed :(

Smoked. Relegation will be on my horizon if my team thunders down this road of inconsistency.

Need a solid WR some who is consistent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement