Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Is there something wrong with the scheduling ?

I saw on this weeks preview that im slated to play bye week twice. That shouldn't be right according to the scheduling we agreed on right ?

I should only play teams in my division twice ? If im wrong ignore me but said id check.

my understanding is 6 games in division i.e each twice each. another full conference 4 games making 10

2 games versus the teams that finished in the same position as me in the last regular season (the other team already covered by playing a diff division gets removed)

and then 1 random game.

Looks to me that Bye week finished same as me last season and as they are also the division selected for us to match up against have been scheduled twice rather than a random team being picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

D3PO wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with the scheduling ?

I saw on this weeks preview that im slated to play bye week twice. That shouldn't be right according to the scheduling we agreed on right ?

I should only play teams in my division twice ? If im wrong ignore me but said id check.

my understanding is 6 games in division i.e each twice each. another full conference 4 games making 10

2 games versus the teams that finished in the same position as me in the last regular season (the other team already covered by playing a diff division gets removed)

and then 1 random game.

Looks to me that Bye week finished same as me last season and as they are also the division selected for us to match up against have been scheduled twice rather than a random team being picked.

This is what your match preview says:
    This is the first of two matchups between the teams. Their next scheduled meeting is in Week 14 if the playoffs set up like they do today.

hmm I just read this is the first of two meetings between the teams. Ok cool thanks for the clarification.

better to ask the question now than wait till the week of the game though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I hate my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I started Ryan Mathews over Jennings :mad::mad:. I thought Murray was out and to be honest, I thought Mathews would still get something out of the game considering his big game last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Im clinging to a 15 point lead hopefully Calvin Johnson gets stuffed by the Seahawks D. Its crazy I have the highest score this week and could lose to the second highest score. Another reason to love how competitive this league is.

Who needs a top 7 QB? I'm looking for a top 30 WR for Andy Dalton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So my opposition this week had Andre Johnson active and he scores 19.70 points. Now I might still win this but to see somebody having a player active who hasn't had a catch the previous two weeks and didn't have 30 yards in either of the first two games just irks me. Like Johnson hasn't shown any sort of form and should be on the fantasy waiver wire and certainly not starting in a team.

eagle eye wrote: »
    So my opposition this week had Andre Johnson active and he scores 19.70 points. Now I might still win this but to see somebody having a player active who hasn't had a catch the previous two weeks and didn't have 30 yards in either of the first two games just irks me. Like Johnson hasn't shown any sort of form and should be on the fantasy waiver wire and certainly not starting in a team.

Look at his bench. He literally had no other options.

BTW I'm still looking to trade the 2nd highest scoring QB if anyone has a WR they'd like to swap...

• Advertisement

Crucial win for me this week to go 2-3 and keep in touch in my division. With Spongey & TO both looking at losses buts me back to just one game off the top of the division.

Leaving 18 points from Demarco Murray and 19 from Banridge on the bench could have been a kick in the balls but thankfully not. Nice to know I have that kind of depth though

I need Danny Woodhead not to score 22 points more than Heath Miller and I'll pick up my first win in 3. Look like I'll be the only one in the division to pick up a win too so that's a bonus

I also have the top scoring QB in fantasy and I'm looking to trade him to any of you play off contenders...

Not out of it yet Keenan Allen and Heyward Bey might get me the 33 points I need :) I have made some mad comebacks lately so hopeful

EE sent you a trade proposal.

Barnidge on the trade block now that Antonio Gates is back for me. #3 TE in scoring through 5 weeks.

Looking for a WR 2 / High end WR3 in return. Would be willing to consider pairing CJ2K with him if the right offer for a WR1 came in.

PM me with trade offers.

wow talk about a tight league this year. 12 teams clustered between 3-2 & 2-3 this is going to be a battle royal all season.

So far this season:
    Game 1: Lost by less than 5
    Game 2: Won by over 20
    Game 3: Lost by 0.68
    Game 4: Won by over 20
    Game 5: Won by 0.26 points

Bar the two games where I won by a good lot the other games have been ridiculously close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

The whole league is crazily competitive which is a good thing.

I've been frustrated mightily be injuries so far. I drafted Luck and Tyrod Taylor hoping to maybe flip one of them around now but as it turns out they're both injured!

f1dan wrote: »

I've been frustrated mightily be injuries so far. I drafted Luck and Tyrod Taylor hoping to maybe flip one of them around now but as it turns out they're both injured!

Luck will prob be back this week.

f1dan wrote: »

You and me both. I havent been able to field my best team yet at all this season due to injuries.

Right now 3 YES 3 of my WR are injured. Insane.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone has. In a 16 team league, you can't afford to miss your number one pick and for me Marshawn Lynch has started only twice

Dodge wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has. In a 16 team league, you can't afford to miss your number one pick and for me Marshawn Lynch has started only twice

And as a Rawls owner, I will be hoping that he doesn't start this week either :D.

looking good to go to .500 once Demarco Murray doesn't score -1 point I'm home and hosed against Dodge even with Marshawn Lynch playing ;-)

Just a reminder #2 TE in scoring Gary Barnidge available for trade (averages 11.88 fantasy points per game this season). Looking for a high end WR2 in return

looking good to go to .500 once Demarco Murray doesn't score -1 point I'm home and hosed against Dodge even with Marshawn Lynch playing ;-)

Just a reminder #2 TE in scoring Gary Barnidge available for trade (averages 11.88 fantasy points per game this season). Looking for a high end WR2 in return

Other than Allen or Bryant I am open to your trade?

JCTO wrote: »
    Other than Allen or Bryant I am open to your trade?

ok let me have a look. cheers TO.

ok let me have a look. cheers TO.

proposal made cheers TO

Trade Done.

Gary Barnidge for Rishard Matthews.

TBH with ya TO Id actually have preferred to take Maclin, but I'm just so light at WR I couldn't risk him missing next week due to concussion protocols so I think your winning on both fronts, but hey I get the help I need to so still win win.

Andy Dalton available. Top 5 QB. Looking for WR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trade Done.

Gary Barnidge for Rishard Matthews.

TBH with ya TO Id actually have preferred to take Maclin, but I'm just so light at WR I couldn't risk him missing next week due to concussion protocols so I think your winning on both fronts, but hey I get the help I need to so still win win.

That seems like a very poor trade for whichever one is giving up Barnidge.

Matthews had one ridiculous game and has been decent besides it but Barnidge is an elite tight end over the last few weeks. Seems like a very one sided trade to me.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    That seems like a very poor trade for whichever one is giving up Barnidge.

Matthews had one ridiculous game and has been decent besides it but Barnidge is an elite tight end over the last few weeks. Seems like a very one sided trade to me.

He wanted a WR2 and agreed on it.

But one ridiculous game? He has gone over 100 yds twice in 5 games and come close once and there is a long season ahead and chances are he will improve as the Fishes schedule is handy enough and plenty of garbage time to be had.

4 34 8.5 15 1
    6 115 19.2 48 0
    6 113 18.8 46T 2
    1 16 16.0 16 0
    Bye
    6 85 14.2 24 0

Ranked 22nd on the points for Fantasy. Sure Barnidge is ranked better and has done slight better by 20 pts he needed a WR2 I need a TE and we are both happy with the deal.

Advertisement