Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Looks like I'll make this now. Drafting on the app is a disaster based on a mock I've just done but at least I won't be drafting a kicker in the 8th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm picking at 6. Last years champion Raoul is first overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

im going to make it but going to be somewhat distracted and using my phone

For the first time ever in this league I went RB, RB with first two picks. Not mad about my team but I never am with how scarce talent at WR/RB gets from round 8 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I didnt make it, first time to miss a draft here and my RBs look awful and i drafted Andrew Luck who's out. Gonna be a long season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Mixed feelings about my draft. Delighted with Bell and Ryan, but think I'm abit light at receiver/

Spongey I thought you beat me but it seems like I beat you by .04 :eek: Final score 93.90 - 93.86

Mad thing is if we took away decimal point I would have beaten you 91-88

Until you break it down you dont realize the difference decimal points system makes it

Decimals make a big difference alright (and in a good way)

Happy with my start but we’re only a week away from the byes already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Spongey I thought you beat me but it seems like I beat you by .04 :eek: Final score 93.90 - 93.86

Mad thing is if we took away decimal point I would have beaten you 91-88

Until you break it down you dont realize the difference decimal points system makes it

After i missed the draft i held out little chance of staying in the division but i was so close to going 2-1. Should have won that game. Was watching redzone on sunday and i knew you had Matthews and Murray from the Titans and i watched the 2 big TDs they had and just felt it wasnt going to be my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Benched Amari Cooper. Ugh.

Im shocked i was 6-0 to begin with but first loss coming my team found out :D fantasy was a mess for me across the board except for the ppr league oddly enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Awful season for me, 2-5 and not much sign of things picking up any time soon.

Im going to lose my 2nd game this week bye week going to murder me

Managed to pull out the win despite having Coopers points on my bench.
    How are the relegation places decided? Is it the four worst records or the four teams bottom of each division?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Managed to pull out the win despite having Coopers points on my bench.
    How are the relegation places decided? Is it the four worst records or the four teams bottom of each division?

Teams ranked 13,14,15,16. combination of both I think. Can't remember off hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

It's quite crazy to see that 10 teams are in with a chance of the playoffs going into the final regular season game.
    Never seen that happen before. Makes it all the more exciting though.

Lionbacker wrote: »
    It's quite crazy to see that 10 teams are in with a chance of the playoffs going into the final regular season game.
    Never seen that happen before. Makes it all the more exciting though.

Yeah, I'm in a win and I'm in situation, lose and I'm out.
    Started the season 0-3 so just glad that I've survived, anything else would be a bonus.

I’m technically in the running but my team is in freefall. Injuries have wiped me out the past month and I’ve lost 4 in a row to drop to 6-6

Just happy to avoid relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm having a nightmare from Super Bowl champs to relegation :(

I have no idea how my record is what it is. I have scraped wins all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My team is the only one to crack 1100 points so far and I'm sitting 11th with a 5-7 record.

Avoiding relegation was the goal after losing Rodgers so early, nearly there thanks to picking up Big Ben as his replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Gutted to miss the playoffs after a strong 2nd half to the season ...... Is it the final league standings that count towards relegation or do the playoffs (& consolation playoffs) count as well for final standings?

final league positions count for relegation. 13-16 will get relegated assuming everyone is back for next season.

Lost this week but snuck in as 6th seed.
    Donottar Dare Devils lost by 0.1 this week and missed out on the playoffs.
    Hope there is no review of a yard somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I lost last week yet luckily am still no.2 seed, I think. (Stompers)

Only have an ok team, will need a lot of luck to go far in playoffs.

See attachment

Four teams finished on 7-6 records. I lost out on the H2H & are now seeded 8th & playing in the consolation playoff.... I just wish I'd picked up 1 more win at the start of the season!!!!

No relegation though....which is the main thing!!

No relegation though....which is the main thing!!

The goal of all of us every season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Finished 12th, after a 2 point win in my last game which saved me!

Such a competitive league. Started 6-2 and lost the last 5. Safe but just about

Best of luck to the lads in the play offs

• Advertisement

Congrats Arsenal Jets Todd Gurley gave me an ass whoopin on his own :D

Excellent league again this year. On to next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Not in this league buy this thread seems more active than my one.

Should the Jags D/ST not get 2 points for the blocked PAT return? Those 2 points could be the difference it's that close.

Not in this league buy this thread seems more active than my one.

Should the Jags D/ST not get 2 points for the blocked PAT return? Those 2 points could be the difference it's that close.

League created before that was ever a thing in the NFL. One of the small rules that will probably have to be added next season.

Looking at the history of the league I noticed I have gotten closer and closer as years go on :D

2017 2nd
    2016 3rd
    2015 3rd
    2014 4th
    2013 4th
    2012 4th
    2011 5th
    2010 7th

I might win it next year or sh1t the bed and get relegated.

Congrats to the Arsenal Jets. Very consistent team throughout the season.

My own team decided to take off once the playoffs started scoring over 115 points for the first 2 weeks (first week not counting as I was on a bye), making it to the consolation bracket final which I managed to win, for 7th place.
    Higher placed than I was last year at least.

Congrats Arsenal Jets Todd Gurley gave me an ass whoopin on his own :D

I actually remember winning division 2 under similar circumstances but instead of Todd Gurley, I had Jamaal Charles who went on insane end of season run, winning games for me by himself. I think he scored 5 TD's in one of the post-season games! Helped me immensely gain promotion to division 1 at the time.

Congrats Arsenal Jets! No easy wins in this league

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Thanks lads, this league is always a battle from week to week so it was great to get the win.
    Mr.Gurley came good at just the right time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

That was pretty gutting.
    I am annoyed, but not by the above.
    One of the weeks, I lost by a few points. My kicker was on a bye week, so I picked up a stand in kicker...but forgot to then add him to my team....
    Of course, had I started him, I'd have won comfortably.
    AND THEN GONE ON TO WIN THE WHOLE THING
    THE WHOLE THING!!!!

• Advertisement

Looks like Niall1811 has stepped up as GM. Welcome aboard. Good Luck to all this season

Am i in this league this year? Was runner up in Div 1 last year. Not sure if it's just the winner that goes up. Just didn't see my name in the final list for div 1 that was posted earlier.

Yup

Div Team Name Username
    Prem1 Arsenal Jets Limpar
    Prem2 Slingtown Lions TOss Sweep
    Prem3 Lambmuncher 6 Hanners
    Prem4 Stompers fisgon
    Prem5 Oh Look an Eagle Mr. Guappa
    Prem6 Fourpenny malistheman
    Prem7 Douglas Lions Lionbacker
    Prem8 The Nastys Pat the Patriot
    Prem9 Inchicore Warriors Dodge
    Prem10 Warfield Warriors TaosHum
    Prem11 West Coast Coolers Xavi6
    Prem12 Donottar Dare Devils smackbunnybaby
    Prem13 Longford Patriots niall1811
    Prem14 Sexual Theilen El Horseboxo
    Prem15 Dak to the Future deccy15
    Prem16 The Expendables radharc

Adrian has the leagues adjusted in the first post of the 2018 thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107395223&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭niall1811

I can't get logged into nfl on my phone, will get on the laptop this evening so i can join and sort out GM and I'll start sorting out invites etc and create a draft time poll

I've sent invites to the 4 new people, someone will have to remove me from the league though so everyone can join.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've sent invites to the 4 new people, someone will have to remove me from the league though so everyone can join.

Looks like i'm the victom of that. Saying league full. I'll join once Adrian has been removed.

• Advertisement

TO, you should have rights to remove me.

Looks like i'm the victom of that. Saying league full. I'll join once Adrian has been removed.

The league was set to 14 teams for some reason, you should be able to join now.

TO, you should have rights to remove me.

Doesn't look like I can

2018-08-17_0913.png

You would be better editing the League owner to someone else for now and then just quitting the league manually. No one can remove you as the league owner.

You would be better editing the League owner to someone else for now and then just quitting the league manually. No one can remove you as the league owner.

Done, you are now the league owner, can you assign privileges to niall1811 once he joins the league?

• Advertisement
Advertisement