Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just that's it's the poster below. Not an official arrow but couldn't find better. Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Really not sure why it is strange.

Cobb hasn't been performing, the Packers have too many receivers for Rodgers to throw to, so no problem letting him go. Mike Evans is on the up at the moment, Jackson is injured, so he should see the bulk of the targets on a team that is going to throw a lot and that are going to be down a lot. So to me that is pretty even.

Getting Lacy instead of Bernard, Bernard had 3 touches last week (I know previous he had a lot more and looked good). Lacy hasn't been great but after this week against the Panthers, the Packers schedule is excellent! So I think it is a gamble on Lacy, but I would rather gamble on Lacy than Bernard.

On Derek Carr, I am not happy about that but what can I do? I thought Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better choice so picked him up and dropped Carr and unfortunately he got injured pretty quick. Now I think Carr is a better choice than Mariota going forward.

Then I think Ingram is going to be excellent going forward as he will get the bulk of the work now that Khiry Robinson is injured. The Saints schedule is unreal. The only good team they face for the rest of the year is the Panthers. Unfortunately he does have a bye week in week 9 but so would Julio Jones. So for me Ingram is a big upgrade over Mathews who isn't a starter but can have a big game or have 0.

Julio, I am very sad to see him go but I think the upgrade at the other two positions is too much to turn down.

Really, I am 3&5 and I am taking a gamble here on players that I think might have a big remainder of the season. I am sure that the two lads are delighted with their end of the trades but I am happy to chance it for me.

My WR corps isn't that bad either. Landry is excellent and then I have Mike Evans and two shots in the dark with Dwayne Harris and Amendola.

Any questions???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

How does the roster work out if a trade is due to go through on a Saturday? Gio bernard is playing thurs night but eddie lacy isn't playing til Sunday. Is bernards score gonna be counted towards his current team at the time of the matchup? And will I lose lacy from my roster before he plays on Sunday, leaving me down a RB for the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

kev_s88 wrote: »
    How does the roster work out if a trade is due to go through on a Saturday? Gio bernard is playing thurs night but eddie lacy isn't playing til Sunday. Is bernards score gonna be counted towards his current team at the time of the matchup? And will I lose lacy from my roster before he plays on Sunday, leaving me down a RB for the weekend?

Whoever is due Gio wont get points for him if the trade goes through after tonight.

I honestly would have no problem with the GM stepping in and fixing this for you guys. But it is a tight window though if Mr Guappa is not on.

JCTO wrote: »
    Whoever is due Gio wont get points for him if the trade goes through after tonight.

I honestly would have no problem with the GM stepping in and fixing this for you guys. But it is a tight window though if Mr Guappa is not on.

Trade is due to go through Saturday morning so I'm more worried that I'll be down eddie lacy when the trade goes through but I won't have gio to put in. Really don't feel like having to put Alfred morris or karlos Williams in

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Really not sure why it is strange.

Cobb hasn't been performing, the Packers have too many receivers for Rodgers to throw to, so no problem letting him go. Mike Evans is on the up at the moment, Jackson is injured, so he should see the bulk of the targets on a team that is going to throw a lot and that are going to be down a lot. So to me that is pretty even.

Getting Lacy instead of Bernard, Bernard had 3 touches last week (I know previous he had a lot more and looked good). Lacy hasn't been great but after this week against the Panthers, the Packers schedule is excellent! So I think it is a gamble on Lacy, but I would rather gamble on Lacy than Bernard.

On Derek Carr, I am not happy about that but what can I do? I thought Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better choice so picked him up and dropped Carr and unfortunately he got injured pretty quick. Now I think Carr is a better choice than Mariota going forward.

Then I think Ingram is going to be excellent going forward as he will get the bulk of the work now that Khiry Robinson is injured. The Saints schedule is unreal. The only good team they face for the rest of the year is the Panthers. Unfortunately he does have a bye week in week 9 but so would Julio Jones. So for me Ingram is a big upgrade over Mathews who isn't a starter but can have a big game or have 0.

Julio, I am very sad to see him go but I think the upgrade at the other two positions is too much to turn down.

Really, I am 3&5 and I am taking a gamble here on players that I think might have a big remainder of the season. I am sure that the two lads are delighted with their end of the trades but I am happy to chance it for me.

My WR corps isn't that bad either. Landry is excellent and then I have Mike Evans and two shots in the dark with Dwayne Harris and Amendola.

Any questions???

You do what you got to do really. If you feel the trades hold value for you then really that is all that matters.

Just on a side note we did throw a few options in there and went back and forth on this so in the end we both found a trade that works for both of us.

Trade is due to go through Saturday morning so I'm more worried that I'll be down eddie lacy when the trade goes through but I won't have gio to put in. Really don't feel like having to put Alfred morris or karlos Williams in

Actually this is interesting. If he starts Gio I am going to assume he will get points for him and you wont. But to be honest this is the first time in all my years I have come across this.

Actually this is interesting. If he starts Gio I am going to assume he will get points for him and you wont. But to be honest this is the first time in all my years I have come across this.

Ah feck, didn't even think of this. I didn't even think of Gio playing tonight. Perhaps the commish can do something about it tomorrow even if it happens after the fact.

EDIT - Commish is online, Pm'd him and messaged him on NFL.com

Ah feck, didn't even think of this. I didn't even think of Gio playing tonight. Perhaps the commish can do something about it tomorrow even if it happens after the fact.

I am almost sure I can do it also as the original GM powers are still with me. If no one objects and Mr Guappa is not around I am sure I can break it and fix it so your trade goes through before tonights game. If no one objects that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm travelling at the moment so don't have much time tonight. I've transferred league ownership to TO who will hopefully be able to push through the trade if that's what is decided. I've no problem with that anyway. TO can transfer back league ownership afterwards.

• Advertisement

I'm travelling at the moment so don't have much time tonight. I've transferred league ownership to TO who will hopefully be able to push through the trade if that's what is decided. I've no problem with that anyway. TO can transfer back league ownership afterwards.

I'm more than happy with that if all others are. As long as I have time to alter my lineup

I'm more than happy with that if all others are. As long as I have time to alter my lineup

Either that or else cancel the trade until next week and resubmit after the matches of all the players involved are finished

I will be home in the next 90mins I think I should be able to just manually add each player to your teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Just posting here to remind myself to come back to this thread and follow up on this great course of action and see if it can be applied across all leagues from next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Either that or else cancel the trade until next week and resubmit after the matches of all the players involved are finished
    I think this is fairer. The trade has to be left up for a reasonable amount of time for people to vote on it if they wish.

I don't think it's fair to rush it through, these things should have been thought of before the trade was accepted.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think this is fairer. The trade has to be left up for a reasonable amount of time for people to vote on it if they wish.

I don't think it's fair to rush it through, these things should have been thought of before the trade was accepted.

Really? It is a 100 percent fair trade! There should be zero complaints about it. I think the rules need to be rethought as trades are affected by the waiver. So if you go through the waiver process and realise you need/want to trade, then you should have to just suffer if you have a player on a Thursday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Really? It is a 100 percent fair trade! There should be zero complaints about it. I think the rules need to be rethought as trades are affected by the waiver. So if you go through the waiver process and realise you need/want to trade, then you should have to just suffer if you have a player on a Thursday night?
    Time has to be given to people to vote on it. It's that simple. No way it should go through early. I presume the option is there to cancel the trade if you want.

And there are very few players on the waiver wire that will affect a trade like the two that are going on right now so I don't buy that the waiver wire affects it.

I did say I wont do anything until everyone is in agreement. But either way it can't be done. NFL.com doesn't allow me to veto the trade either way and the only way is to drop players and re add them but not doing that as it is messy and I don't have time to get it done either way.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I presume the option is there to cancel the trade if you want.

No one is given that option once both parties accept the trade.

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote: »
    Just posting here to remind myself to come back to this thread and follow up on this great course of action and see if it can be applied across all leagues from next season.

To be fair I did say this:
    I am almost sure I can do it also as the original GM powers are still with me. If no one objects and Mr Guappa is not around I am sure I can break it and fix it so your trade goes through before tonights game. If no one objects that is.

Which is no different to the Veto rule. And in fact EE objected so its a no go.

To be fair I did say this:

Which is no different to the Veto rule. And in fact EE objected so its a no go.

So end of is i lose eddie lacy for the weekend and don't get a RB I can use this weekend in exchange? This is gonna be fun. May as well just concede the weekend

So end of is i lose eddie lacy for the weekend and don't get a RB I can use this weekend in exchange? This is gonna be fun. May as well just concede the weekend

I've given this some thought overnight and I now agree with EE that it would have been wrong to fast track this trade through. There should be an element of buyer beware about all trades, and if someone misses a player availability issue then it's tough luck really.

I think that the trade approval period could be shortened in future years, but that's some ting for the end of season review really.

What I can do is vote against the trade if you wish? Not sure how many votes are required to veto a trade but we can give it a go.

For the record I don't mind the trade but I don't think any rules should be changed mid season

Change the waiting period to one day for next year if that's better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

too late but will comment anyway but I'm with Dodge and EE on this. I've no issue with the specifics of the trade but EE is right rules are rules. Guappa has it right buyer beware.

I wouldn't mind we look at a vote on the trade approval times at the end of the year but we cant go changing things mid season.

And while I'm at it. I've no bother if people want to change the waiver pick up to sooner too. This league is a day behind my other leagues

Not a major issue but putting it out there

i dont think the waiver pickup really makes much difference tbh. Ive leagues that process on a Wednesday and others on a Thursday. Both ways have pros and cons but yeah no harm in "putting it on the list" as it were.

Same as everyone else the more it sat with me overnight and this morning the more I realised it was wrong to even think about changing rules for things like this. Once I saw EE post last night it did show me that it was a bad idea and I did say any objection would stop the idea in its tracks.

The waiver 1 day or 2 day doesnt really bother me. Most leagues im in are 1 day but if everyone voted next season on 1 day I would have no problem. Same with the veto for trades also. No problem with it at 1 or 2 days. Go with the flow on voting.

I would like to apologise to everyone for my hasty interaction without truly thinking about it though.

No real need to apologise TO, its clear you were only trying to accommodate people. No harm done

• Advertisement

no need to apologies TO nice to have a proactive GM. At the end of the day the right outcome (although Kev might disagree) was reached and discussing the merits or demerits of certain things has value in terms of future structure discussions of the boards leagues

Advertisement