Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

D3PO wrote: »
    no need to apologies TO nice to have a proactive GM. At the end of the day the right outcome (although Kev might disagree) was reached and discussing the merits or demerits of certain things has value in terms of future structure discussions of the boards leagues

Mr Guappa is actually the GM as I setup the league originally I still have GM powers but I agree active GMs is nice and Mr Guappa on the ball also which is awesome.

I do like this Premier league for that reason such a competitive league and good activity and even when guys get promoted they are active also. I have to say my biggest concern every year is doing enough not to get relegated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

well your probably safe from relegation this year. Although there are probably 10 or so teams including mine that cant say the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

D3PO wrote: »
    well your probably safe from relegation this year. Although there are probably 10 or so teams including mine that cant say the same

I was probably a bit hasty too last night. I do think that we should revisit the trade rules and the waiver rules.

It's good to have a bit of excitement and action though isn't it? Sorry keV that you miss out! Gio had a decent game last night too. Hopefully it doesn't swing any games, mine or yours, either way.

So cheers for everyone being proactive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Raoul wrote: »
    I was probably a bit hasty too last night. I do think that we should revisit the trade rules and the waiver rules.

It's good to have a bit of excitement and action though isn't it? Sorry keV that you miss out! Gio had a decent game last night too. Hopefully it doesn't swing any games, mine or yours, either way.

So cheers for everyone being proactive!

Ah look it's not a big deal. At the end of the day Eddie Lacy has been pretty poor anyways so don't think I'm really gonna miss him this weekend :) I'm just glad we got it all sorted out. My first post on here about it was purely just to clarify how it worked. I was never looking for it all to be changed around. It's good that we all know now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What is after happening now? There is something weird going on, there is a note saying: Note that if a player involved in the transaction has already completed his game for the week, the trade will process Tuesday of the following week.

Now I'd imagine this was the system doing it's thing but there is no note on the other trade which makes me wonder if somebody did this? You'd imagine that this not would be on all trades and not just one where a player has played. It wasn't up yesterday either.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    What is after happening now? There is something weird going on, there is a note saying: Note that if a player involved in the transaction has already completed his game for the week, the trade will process Tuesday of the following week.

Now I'd imagine this was the system doing it's thing but there is no note on the other trade which makes me wonder if somebody did this? You'd imagine that this not would be on all trades and not just one where a player has played. It wasn't up yesterday either.

Keep the paranoia to yourself nobody touched it. To protect the trade nfl.com have a system in place it seems if a player plays before the trade goes through it moves the trade to the following week. Same happened in one of my other leagues and the same message is there also for the two involved.

To note everybody if a GM or Owner touches a setting it will appear in the Transaction or News feed at the bottom. No one can make hidden changes to a league without everyone else finding out.

JCTO wrote: »
    Keep the paranoia to yourself nobody touched it. To protect the trade nfl.com have a system in place it seems if a player plays before the trade goes through it moves the trade to the following week. Same happened in one of my other leagues and the same message is there also for the two involved.
    Paranoia? Ask a question and I'm paranoid?

Did you miss this part of my post, start of the second paragraph?

'Now I'd imagine this was the system doing it's thing'

eagle eye wrote:
    Did you miss this part of my post, start of the second paragraph?

To be fair you start with that and then make the comment it makes you wonder if someone did it. If you already know it was the system why bother saying it makes you wonder? You are straight up saying you wonder if me or MrGuappa did something consifering we are the only two that can.

To be fair you start with that and then make the comment it makes you wonder if someone did it. If you already know it was the system why bother saying it makes you wonder? You are straight up saying you wonder if me or MrGuappa did something consifering we are the only two that can.
    Well that really wasn't what I was saying. I was pretty much saying how ridiculous it is to state only on trades where a player is playing during the trade about this. I think it would be reasonable to expect them to put this information with all trades and not just attach it to one where a player has already played on a Thursday.

If you felt I was being accusatory then fair enough but that wasn't the point of my post.

• Advertisement

Looks like this is the point of the season where my team crashes and burns. Lewis going out injured leaves me extremely stuck in the backfield.

Looks like this is the point of the season where my team crashes and burns. Lewis going out injured leaves me extremely stuck in the backfield.
    I will trade you Mark Ingram for Julio Jones. :pac:

Raoul wrote: »
    I will trade you Mark Ingram for Julio Jones. :pac:

That would be hilarious haha but I will go with 1 healthy back if I have to :D If it doesn't pan out hey at least I wont be relegated hahahaha

Not a good week for me scoring wise but I caught a break to win with a below average score and an important win against a playoff rival. 5-4 now with the tiebreaker on many of them around me and my team getting healthy at the right time.

League not updated yet but the playoff picture right now is as follows. 5 teams on 3-6 that could make a run to the wildcards although its so congested it would take a lot to go right at this stage, just ahead of Corrigeen on 2-7 so will also be a battle royal to avoid relegation this year.

Oh Look an eagle with a 3 game divisional lead already and has almost officially locked up a playoff spot.

Playoff Picture

#1 Oh Look an Eagle 8-1
    #2 Legends of Foxboro 7-2
    #3 West Coast Coolers 6-3
    #4 Slingtown Lions 6-3

#5 Dublin Blades 5-4
    #6 Spawn of Spongey 5-4

In the hunt

#7 Lucan Liverbirds 5-4
    #8 Inchicore Warriors 5-4
    #9 Porto Jags 4-5
    #10 Better than the lions 4-5

kev_s88 wrote: »
    So end of is i lose eddie lacy for the weekend and don't get a RB I can use this weekend in exchange? This is gonna be fun. May as well just concede the weekend

Man I kinda wish the trade had gone through on Thursday. Then i would have been forced to play Karlos Williams instead of Lacy. Still would have lost but at least it would have been a closer match haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'll get the win once Nate Washington doesn't get minus points tomorrow. Two teams with scores in the forties. Ugh

I'll take it though

Dodge wrote: »
    I'll get the win once Nate Washington doesn't get minus points tomorrow. Two teams with scores in the forties. Ugh

I'll take it though

Defo take it. Im staring a loss in the face unless by some miracle eifert and Hopkins don't score 14 points between them. Manning theowing all those picks really screwed me as came up against the Kansas D :mad:

well the miracle nearly happened but lost by just over a point :( Now to hope for a stat correction in my favour to turn the loss into a win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Would there be anyone interested in a trade for next years picks? I don't think I am going to be relegated but have players Langford, Cooks, Hurns, Rodgers that could really make a difference towards winning or losing the championship.

• Advertisement

Trippie wrote: »
    Would there be anyone interested in a trade for next years picks? I don't think I am going to be relegated but have players Langford, Cooks, Hurns, Rodgers that could really make a difference towards winning or losing the championship.

Not sure if that really works or if it is fair in a league without keepers and one with people being promoted/relegated.

I am almost sure you can't do manual draft orders in the sense of 1 team picking twice I could be wrong though. Having said that if you could I think in the fairness of how these leagues run that would have to be voted on.

yep a change like that would require a vote on it. Id be against it in a non keeper league like this as every season should be a clean slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I figured if it were a 4th rounder for rodgers for example, then next year that team picks who i wants and then trades after draft is done. It is something I thought about last season as well just never got around to it. was hoping to trade some picks from this year to help me win.

I think it could add an extra element to the league.

I know in a keeper league the gm can set the draft board and change around picks.

Trippie wrote: »
    I figured if it were a 4th rounder for rodgers for example, then next year that team picks who i wants and then trades after draft is done. It is something I thought about last season as well just never got around to it. was hoping to trade some picks from this year to help me win.

I think it could add an extra element to the league.

So lets assume you trade away your QB WR1 and both your RBs and get lets say for arguments sake 2 seconds a 3rd and a 4th round pick all of a sudden you have a stacked team next year and the whole thing becomes uncompetitive.

Add to that it being unfair as 4 people in the league (possibly more if some people don't return) don't have the optin of negating for those players / picks as they are in a diff league this season.

This is a single season leage if you want to be trading picks then its to the keeper league or dynasty league you go.

I'm against it solely because of the promotion/relegation. Nothing to stop a player in relegation trouble trading their stud for 2 picks (that they'll never use). Opens up too many iffy possibilities for me

We're into the last 3 weeks lads and every game from now on in is a divisional match up.

Here's a quick as they stand

NORTH DIVISION

Oh Look An Eagle 8-2
    Lucan Liverbirds 6-4
    Bye Week 4-6
    Fourpenny 3-7

The top 2 play this week and a win for OLAE will guarantee them the division title and a spot in the play offs. Liverbirds are currently in a wild card spot

SOUTH

Slingtown Lions 7-3
    Spawn of Spongey 5-5
    Dublin Blades 5-5
    Corrigeen Crusaders 2-8

Lions can clinch with a win over Blades and a Spongey loss. Crusaders are definitely out

EAST

Legends of Foxboro 8-2
    Inchicore Warriors 6-4
    Better than the Lions 4-6
    Team Dan 3-7

Legends can clinch a play off spot with a win against TD. Warriors are in a play off spot but could win division if they win last 3 weeks

WEST

West Coast Coolers 7-3
    Porto Jags 4-6
    Jenner's Jockstraps 4-6
    Dundalk Oriels 4-6

Theorethically any team could win this division but any of the 4-6 teams must run the table and hope WCC doesn't pick up a win in their last three games. First up for WCC is the Jags

well, thats me out of the running. Good luck to everyone still in the playoff hunt. Its been a disappointing season and it feels like its over too quickly. :(

• Advertisement

Is there any hope for 7&6 to get into the wildcard? Still hoping for a miracle and to win my division!!

Advertisement