Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Raoul wrote: »
    ****e....so does head to head count? If so that means that I am out :(.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures

The six postseason participants from each conference are seeded as follows:
    1. The division champion with the best record.
    2. The division champion with the second-best record.
    3. The division champion with the third-best record.
    4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
    5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
    6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.
    The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
    NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.
    TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
    Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss
    Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
    1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

There is more but it would be a huge post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think it always works out OK in the end but until all games final they have some odd 'temporary' tiebreakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

both 7-5 teams are going to lose to go 7-6 so my playoff hopes will live for another week. I beat both Lucan and Inchicore in the regular season so have the tie breaker on them both.

Good chance that a win for me next week will sneak me into the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

D3PO wrote: »
    both 7-5 teams are going to lose to go 7-6 so my playoff hopes will live for another week. I beat both Lucan and Inchicore in the regular season so have the tie breaker on them both.

Good chance that a win for me next week will sneak me into the playoffs.

I lost to both of them so I think that means that if I win next week and they lose, I am still out :( :mad::mad: So close yet so far :(.

• Advertisement

I lost to both of them so I think that means that if I win next week and they lose, I am still out :( :mad::mad: So close yet so far :(.

Yep your out irrespective of what happens next week.

Its 3 teams vying for 2 wildcard spots next week. Once all results are finalized I will post an update on what the state of play is.

Not sure how it works if there's a load of us on same score. Night be a mini league or points difference

Dodge wrote: »
    Not sure how it works if there's a load of us on same score. Night be a mini league or points difference

it works on head to head to head.

if the 4 of us are level I will get the #5 seed with a 2-0 record
    Inchicore will have a 1-1 record and will not have played Lucan but as he is 100 points better of in points for would take the #6 seed if they both lose.
    Lucan will miss out with a 1-1- record on the secondary tiebreaker
    Raul has an 0-2 record so will miss out

tiebreaker is head to head to head and if ties then secondary is points for.

It can't be head to head if all teams didn't play each other. (ie if one team is 2-1, they can't be measured with a 2-0 team)

Don't think it'll happen FWIW

It can't be head to head if all teams didn't play each other. (ie if one team is 2-1, they can't be measured with a 2-0 team)

Don't think it'll happen FWIW

yes it can and it has in the past. Ive direct experience of it. It works on win percentage you do not have to have all common opponents.

I don't think it will happen either but its a possibility.

• Advertisement

Yep your out irrespective of what happens next week.

Its 3 teams vying for 2 wildcard spots next week. Once all results are finalized I will post an update on what the state of play is.

I hate you. :(:(:(

Here are the playoff scenarios for next weeks games. I will do the relegation situatin later and tidy up this post formatting etc. I've left ties out of the equation as the chance of a tie with decimals is so large it doesn't make it worth mentioning. I've also left points differentials of over 100 points out as realistically your not overturning that in one week.

Playoff Race

Qualified

Oh Look an Eagle
    Slingtown Lions
    Legends of Foxboro
    West Coast Coolers

Legends of Foxboro (Possible seeding 1, 2, or 3)
    clinches #1 seed with a win and a loss combined by losses by Slingtown Lions & Oh Look an Eagle
    Clinches #2 seed with a loss combined by either Slingtown Lions or Oh Look an Eagle losing
    Clinches #3 seed with a loss combined by wins for Slingtown Lions and Oh Look an Eagle

Oh Look an Eagle (Possible seeding 1,2,3 or 4)
    Clinches #1 seed with a win and a loss for Legends of Foxboro
    Clinches #2 seed with a win combined by a win for Legends of Foxboro, or with a loss if slingtown lions lose and West Coast Coolers lose. In the event of a West Coast Coolers win in this scenario Oh Look an Eagle need to score 40.51 points more than West Coast Coolers in their loss to get the #2 seed.
    Clinches #3 seed with a tie and a win for Slingtown Lions, or with a loss followed by a loss for Slingtown Lions and a loss or tie by West Coast Coolers, or alternatively a loss by Slingtown Lions and a win by West Coast Coolers if they score 40.51 points less than Oh Look an Eagle
    Clinches #4 seed With a loss and wins for Slingtown Lions and West Coast Coolers provied they do not score 40.51 points more than West Coast Coolers in defeat.

Slingtown Lions (Possible seeding 1,2,3,4)
    Clinches #1 seed with a win or tie and losses by Oh Look an Eagle & Legends of Foxboro
    Clinches #2 seed with a win and one of Oh Look an Eagle or Legends of Foxboro losing
    Clinches #3 seed if equals the results of Oh Look an Eagle, Legends of Foxboro and West Coast Coolers
    Clinches #4 seed with a loss and a win for West Coast Coolers

West Coast Coolers (Possible seeding 2,3,4)
    Clinches #2 seed with a win and losses by Slingtown Lions and Oh Look an Eagle if Oh Look an Eagle fail to score 40.51 points more.
    Clinces #3 seed with a win and a loss by Slingtown Lions, and a win by Oh Look an Eagle or with a loss by Slingtown Lions and a loss by Oh Look an Eagle by scoring more than 40.51 points less than him.
    Clinches #4 seed if failing to better the results of Oh Look an Eagle or Slingtown Lions.

Wildcard Spots

Inchicore Warriors.
    Clinches #5 seed with a win (points difference make it unrealistc that they can be overtaken for 5th)
    Clinches #6 seed with a loss, and a loss for either Dublin Blades or Lucan Liverbirds

Lucan Liverbirds
    Clinches #5 seed with a win and a loss by Inchicore Warriors
    Clinches #6 seed with a win and a win by Inchicore Warriors

Dublin Blades
    Clinches #5 seed with a win and losses by Inchicore Warriors and Lucan Liverbirds
    Clinches #6 seed with a win and a loss by either Inchicore Warriors or Lucan Liverbirds

Due to Head to Head to Head records Dundalk Oriels cannot make the wildcard spots

Will do relegation situation later.

:(:(:(:(:(:(. I am really hoping that you have made a mistake. Going to win this week and pray that the NFL website throws up something strange and puts me through :pac::pac:

Relegated

Corrigeen Crusaders at 3-9 they cannot get out of relegation and are down.

Ok so the relegation battle is muddied by so many teams being in the mix and some of the head to heads likely to change based on final day games, there are literally 30 plus different scenarios depending on how the last round of games go so I cant call them all out but heres some detail that as some of the games happen and results seem more likely a better view on whats happening will take place.

Alongsite the best set of results for each team on 4&8 to avoid relegation.

There are 7 teams on 4&8 or 5&7

3 of these sit on 4&8 they are

Jenners
    Better than the Lions
    Fourpenny

Simply put unless they win they are definatly relegated. With wins here are the best scenarios for them to stay up.

Jenners Jockstraps are really in the worst position of the lot and would need a miracle to avoid relegation. Due to their terrible head to head record against the 7 teams listed (1&4) they essentially need Bye Week & Team Dan to win and Better than the Lions, Porto Jags and Spawn of Spongey to lose to avoid relegation on Head to Head with Spawn of Spongey. The Fourpenny result is irrelevent to them assuming they dont let Fourpenny score 62 points more than them in a winning cause.

Better than the Lions have a slightly better outlook although there really bad points for situation again makes escaping the drop tough. A win and they do not have to worry about the sides level with them currently or their results (in terms of them passing them out on head to head) but those results may impact on what their exact end head to head record comes in at. Theres essentially 21 different outcomes that will determine their head to head results so I cant go through them all.

The best scenario for them however is a win for them alongside wins for Jenners Jockstraps and a loss by team Dan. Coupled with wins for Bye Week, Spawn of Spongey and Porto Jags. That would be a garanteed safe situation for them.

Fourpenny. Whilst currently ahead of Better than the Lions are in a dire position, the last set of results could easily see Fourpenny drop below Better than the Lions as they have a week head to head to head record against the 7 protagonists (1&3) again final game results could change that completely. That despite them actually owning the head to head against Better than the Lions.

Again theres an insane amount of permutations but the head to head situaiton really screws them up here. Essentially if Better than the Lions dont win they are relegated. It might seem counter intuitive but they have to get their win v Better than the Lions into the tiebreaker or they will have a .000% record on head to head to head and irrespective of other results they will be down.

So to stay up the best scenario is for the following teams to win, Better than the Lions, Spawn of Spongey & Bye Week and Jenners Jockstraps, plus at least one of Porto Jags or Team Dan to lose.

Quite frankly although there are scenarios where by all 3 teams can escape they are all reliant an multiple sets of results that are unlikely to occur.

Honestly having reviewed the escape scenarios for the 3 teams on 4 wins they are all so far fetched that im not going to do the reverse as to what it would take for the 5 win teams to go down as they are just as unlikely to occur results wise.

What I will do is after the 9pm games sunday where a clearer picture of likely results occurs do an update on any likely scenarios of a turnaround in the current relegation places.

In my view the manual scheduling seems to have worked a charm. Going into the last round of games 14 of the 16 teams actually have something to play for (albeit some of them needing miracles)

You cant really get much better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Sucks that Randall Cobb didn't get any points for his offensive fumble recovery for a TD. Do those points go on to the score of the Packers DST?

I dont think the packers DST get them as far as I know they don't go anywhere unless your using IDP scoring.

In another league I'm in Cobb got the 6 points. We don't have any setting for offensive fumble recoveries so nobody gets the points

yep same for punt and ko returns we have never allocated scores to them here.

which isn't bad as I got hit whit a Patterson and Vikings DST kick off return doubleshammy in a diff league last year !!

• Advertisement

kev_s88 wrote:
    Sucks that Randall Cobb didn't get any points for his offensive fumble recovery for a TD. Do those points go on to the score of the Packers DST?

It does which is frustrating thing about fumble recovered td that are recovered by the offense. Having said that it cant be 1 rule for 1 and not the other which I get.

Dodge wrote:
    In another league I'm in Cobb got the 6 points. We don't have any setting for offensive fumble recoveries so nobody gets the points

I didn't see your post after posting but this makes sense and something we should add to voting. You wod think NFL.com would have this by default

JCTO wrote: »
    I didn't see your post after posting but this makes sense and something we should add to voting. You wod think NFL.com would have this by default

defo worth a vote on after this season. That said we need to keep a reign on the number of votes too each year imo. We should look to cap the amount of votes imo.

that said id support this as a change to the scoring once it could be don independently and not mean turning on a load of scoring options.

So maybe a GM could check if just this one option can be turned on before we even consider the vote :)

Have to say I always assumed it was a DST point gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

defo worth a vote on after this season. That said we need to keep a reign on the number of votes too each year imo. We should look to cap the amount of votes imo.

that said id support this as a change to the scoring once it could be don independently and not mean turning on a load of scoring options.

So maybe a GM could check if just this one option can be turned on before we even consider the vote :)

Had a look there and it's very straight forward - simply tick the box and input the number of points you want to award.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

While I was looking at that I spotted 2 other settings that to me look like they should count towards fantasy points, both are on the defensive scoring:
    - Team Def 2-point Return
    - Blocked Kicks

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    While I was looking at that I spotted 2 other settings that to me look like they should count towards fantasy points, both are on the defensive scoring:
    - Team Def 2-point Return
    - Blocked Kicks

Cant remember the last time I saw a 2 point return but given the change to extra points we are and will see more 2 pointers in future so defo worth looking at.

Ive never seen a league with blocked kicks scoring. Not sure how I feel about that one. Id probably want kicker to have a deduction if the DST was getting a gain tbh.

just on the votes should we not unsticky last seasons votes at this stage ?

We just had the first ever 2 point blocked-PAT-return so pretty sure no one would have noticed before. Should be added no problem for next year

As for play offs, it's going to be tight...

• Advertisement

We just had the first ever 2 point blocked-PAT-return so pretty sure no one would have noticed before. Should be added no problem for next year

As for play offs, it's going to be tight...

Well I'm in anyway...

Advertisement