Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

My team sh1t the bed like the Pats 4th seed for me at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I've had a horror of a week, I need D Jax to outscore Terrance Williams by 8 odd points tonight to make the playoffs.

Going to be tight as anything, but honestly given how bad my team were this week I can have no complaints if I don't make it.

Ok so with one game left heres the projected outcome of the regular season.

The relegation spots are a done deal, the only possible change would be if Desean Jackson outscores Terrance Williams by 7.25 points tonight. In which case Dublin Blades will take the 6th seed from Lucan Liverbirds

Seeds

1 Legends of Foxboro
    2 West Coast Coolers
    3 Oh look an Eagle
    4 Slingtown Lions

5 Inchicore Warriors
    6 Lucan Liverbirds

Relegated

Corrigeen Crusaders
    Fourpenny
    Jenners Jockstraps
    Better than the Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

D3PO wrote: »
    Ok so with one game left heres the projected outcome of the regular season.

The relegation spots are a done deal, the only possible change would be if Desean Jackson outscores Terrance Williams by 7.25 points tonight. In which case Dublin Blades will take the 6th seed from Lucan Liverbirds

Seeds

1 Legends of Foxboro
    2 West Coast Coolers
    3 Oh look an Eagle
    4 Slingtown Lions

5 Inchicore Warriors
    6 Lucan Liverbirds

Relegated

Corrigeen Crusaders
    Fourpenny
    Jenners Jockstraps
    Better than the Lions

I (Oh Look An Eagle) will take the #1 seed if Matt Cassel scores no more than 18.5 points tonight. If he scores more then all 4 division winners will have 9-4 records.

yep that's true sorry I should have called that out.

I had assumed that Cassel would score that much against a pretty weak skins defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

So the regular season is done.

Seeds (the 6 teams with winning records)

1 Oh look an Eagle
    2 Legends of Foxboro
    3 West Coast Coolers
    4 Slingtown Lions

5 Inchicore Warriors
    6 Lucan Liverbirds

Relegated

Fourpenny
    Jenners Jockstraps
    Better than the Lions
    Corrigeen Crusaders

Week one of the play offs

Slingtown Lions v Inchicore Warriors
    West Coast Coolers v Lucan Liverbirds

well done lads. I didn't deserve to sneak in with that poor last week. First time missing a boards league playoff was bound to happen eventually :(

I was praying for overtime last night. I reckon I might have sneaked the 2 points I needed if it had gone to OT. Ah well.

Mad to see 11th place on 6-7. 5 wins not enough to avoid relegation that's how hard this Premier Division is

Every year is the same with me I sh1t the bed on the final game of the regular season and end up having to hit the wildcard round. Congrats all great regular season. Love this league

It really is so competitive. My aims are always ranked
    1) avoid relegation
    2) make the play offs
    3) hope for a lucky play offs

1 and 2 done.

Dodge wrote: »
    It really is so competitive. My aims are always ranked
    1) avoid relegation
    2) make the play offs
    3) hope for a lucky play offs

1 and 2 done.

Same every year with this division. What I love is how competitive this is. I am in 2 paid US leagues for big money and they are no where near as competitive as this league which is nuts when you think about it. You think big money would make them more competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Well done to all on a great regular season and good luck to the 6 teams in the playoffs. Unfortunately I couldn't piece together another run to the bowl game so my run of never winning the Premier League continues.

Maybe next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Well it took a three game winning streak to end the regular season to avoid relegation but I've got my place back for next year.

A very frustrating season in terms of injuries that made me question why I bother playing fantasy. Maybe I could have been more active in terms of proposing more trades, something to ponder for next season.

Well done to everyone who contributed to what was a ridiculously competitive league again

f1dan wrote: »
    Well it took a three game winning streak to end the regular season to avoid relegation but I've got my place back for next year.

A very frustrating season in terms of injuries that made me question why I bother playing fantasy. Maybe I could have been more active in terms of proposing more trades, something to ponder for next season.

Well done to everyone who contributed to what was a ridiculously competitive league again

Injuries can be soul destroying in Fantasy.

Both my top 2 picks are injured. It's very hard to come back from in a 16 team league

I won't be beating TO this week anyway

Rawls and V jax injured in the first quarter. Killer

Looks like my season ends here down by 25 and have Palmer and hightower to play but I feel Snead and Prater will do enough to win the game for Mr Guappa. Congrats dude Antonio Brown gave you that breathing room cracking game for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,899 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looks like I'm going to lose too, I'm up by just over 16 but he still has Brees to play. I can't see the Lions holding him to 16 points.

If I'd stuck with Eli I might have been alright but I just couldn't see him having a good game against the Panthers.

Looks like I'm going to lose too, I'm up by just over 16 but he still has Brees to play. I can't see the Lions holding him to 16 points.

Congrats to Xavi on an embarrassingly comfortable win in the Final. Jose Aldo put up more of a fight than my lot.

Congrats Xavi. And congrats everyone on another epic season of fantasy.

• Advertisement

Congrats Xavi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Well done Xavi!

Just bumping this thread as the sign up process is under way for the new season in the thread below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Heard nothing about Premier Division .... I was there last year but think I might have been relegated...
    Corrigeen Crusaders...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Heard nothing about Premier Division .... I was there last year but think I might have been relegated...
    Corrigeen Crusaders...

You should be still in the Premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Just logged onto nfl fantasy site and I'm still in there, phew thanks.

Presume no word on Draft yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

I am sure the GM will throw up a poll for us to choose dates. But plenty of time still.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

I'll do GM duties this season.

I'm waiting for the league to be transferred voer to me to get everyone signed up but in the meantime please vote in the poll for a draft date and time.

I've included time slots between 7pm and 10pm between Sunday and Wednesday. I'm assuming people wouldn't do any earlier or later than that.

In theory Friday and Saturday could be used too but I've left those out as usually people aren't around for those, let me know if you want me to add Friday and Saturday too.

http://doodle.com/poll/fkuasmeve2rs5irt

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll do GM duties this season.

I'm waiting for the league to be transferred voer to me to get everyone signed up but in the meantime please vote in the poll for a draft date and time.

I've included time slots between 7pm and 10pm between Sunday and Wednesday. I'm assuming people wouldn't do any earlier or later than that.

In theory Friday and Saturday could be used too but I've left those out as usually people aren't around for those, let me know if you want me to add Friday and Saturday too.

http://doodle.com/poll/fkuasmeve2rs5irt

eagleeye had previously PM'd me offering to take over as GM so I have already transferred LM privileges to him. Agologies for neglecting to update everyone in the thread.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    eagleeye had previously PM'd me offering to take over as GM so I have already transferred LM privileges to him. Agologies for neglecting to update everyone in the thread.
    I'm going to invite Adrian as a co-owner of my team and give him GM privileges. Due to a death in the family I don't have the time to manage it right now and I'm handing over to Adrian.

Just to clarity, Adrian will not be doing anything with my team, just GM duties.

Advertisement