Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

sports_fan wrote: »
    Why do I need to check in June and July for a league that starts in September? And as stated previously I felt there was no need given I had already logged into the league

Because that is how the league is run and you would know that by checking in every June and or July. It baffles me how this issue arises every year and guys say oh why should I check into the forum that created and runs the league?

Simple answer because that is the best place to get updates on when the leagues are restarting and when you are supposed to leave a message saying you are interested again and also updates of any rule changes. If I am coming off blunt so be it but a simple 2 minute check onto the forum running the league would have given you guys the information you needed really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

If you're not checking boards enough to see the threads in the AF forum and fantasy forum then you've no right to be in the boards leagues imo

Just for the record D3PO and Sports_fan. Both of you guys checked into this thread or the main Fantasy thread with no problems at all last 2 seasons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seriously, how far do I have to go to get people to engage with the fantasy football forums? Apart from constant posts in each division thread, the main thread, last year's thread, activating all the divisions.

Keeping track of everyone who has posted, what division they are in , who is promoted, who is relegated, what their team names are, sorting out GMs for every league, making sure every league is setup correctly.

On top of all that you expect me to send everyone an individual pm to everyone and wait for a reply? All I have is a team name from last year, I don't even know the associated boards username.

You already get an email from NFL.com

In fairness if you have been playing this many years you have no excuse for not knowing you need to post in the thread by July so we can get setup to draft by end of august.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't forget the draft is tonight at 9pm,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any chance of releasing the draft order early?

It's only set 30 mins prior to the draft. I could set it manually, but couldn't decide what my preferred draft position was so just left it as is :)

Ah fair enough. I thought that you could set it earlier even if it was randomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

4th Pick...not bad.

number 2 overall, not what I would have picked to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

better than 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Struggled to draft on the phone while I had other stuff to do. Couldn't check who was being drafted by others and who was available outside the top 10 or so at each position

Went with WRs for top 3 picks. Let's hope Dion Lewis is back at some stage. Overall don't think the team is bad, which is unusual for me in this league!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,496 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Got held up at work and missed the whole thing. I'm going to struggle this season after that. I didn't have anything set up. At least I got Gronk!

My team

1. Devonta Freeman RB - ATLPICK 10
    2. Le'Veon Bell RB - PITView VideoPICK 23
    3. DeMarco Murray RB - TENPICK 42
    4. Drew Brees QB - NOPICK 55
    5. Travis Kelce TE - KCPICK 74
    6. Michael Thomas WR - NOPICK 87
    7. Travis Benjamin WR - SDPICK 106
    8. Mike Wallace WR - BALPICK 119
    9. Devontae Booker RB - DENPICK 138
    10. Chris Hogan WR - NEPICK 151
    11. Malcolm Mitchell WR - NEPICK 170
    12. Braxton Miller WR - HOUPICK 183
    13. Brandon McManus K - DENPICK 202
    14. Matt Prater K - DETPICK 215

Happy with my backs especially Booker if he takes over the lead role in Denver which I think he will. But my WR are just avverage and some a gamble. Weird thing is I had 10 defenses and 10 kickers in my queue and I got 2 kickers haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Is there any leagues still yet to draft with space?? I'd probably enter two

brady23 wrote: »
    Is there any leagues still yet to draft with space?? I'd probably enter two

Probably not as most of the Boards leagues have drafted. I would check in the main Fantasy thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011&page=8

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

Drafted:
    QB:
    Cam Newton
    Ryan Tannehill

RB:
    Matt Jones
    Thomas Rawls
    Jerrick McKinnon

WR:
    Keenan Allen
    Torrey Smith
    Tavon Austin
    LeQuan Treadwell
    Pierre Garcon

TE:
    Jason Witten
    Gary Barnidge

K:
    Dustin Hopkins

DEF:
    Buffalo Bills

Not happy with my running backs so probably look to trade or pick someone up off the waivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Thats decided it, i'm gonna be relegated, got this as my draft recap

DRAFT RECAP

IN SPITE OF SOME EARLY-ROUND REACHES, SPAWN OF SPONGEY IS HEADED FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Draft Grade
    A+
    Proj Record
    10-3
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    After a strong showing from the eighth draft slot, Spawn of Spongey is a team to keep an eye on, building a roster with playoff potential. With five wide receivers on the roster, they have both quality and quantity at that spot. Their receivers are projected to average 131.58 points this season, more than the league average of 119.61. Elsewhere on the roster, Spawn of Spongey was able to land a better-than-average foursome of running backs.
    The other league managers may have passed over a diamond in the rough, as Greg Olsen dropped to the 57th overall pick versus an ADP of 42.0.
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Mohamed Sanu in the 8th round (121st overall pick versus an ADP of 144.4 across all NFL.com leagues).
    With 355 projected rushing yards (ranking fifth among QBs), Blake Bortles has multiple ways to bring in points.

My draft went ok I thought. I'd hoped to grab Cousins as my backup QB but he went a few picks before me, and at TE I had a few I'd have been ok with but most got snapped up before my pick.

It's a bit of an issue having 30+ picks before your next pick, but then you get 2 close together.

QB's:

Tom Brady
    Ryan FitzPatrick

WR:

Antonio Brown
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jordan Matthews
    Tyler Boyd
    Josh Gordon

RB:

Johnathon Stewart
    Frank Gore
    Deandre Washington
    James White

TE:

Zach Miller

May as well stick up my team

QB
    Eli Manning

RB
    Chris Ivory
    Duke Johnson
    Diom Lewis
    Paul Perkins

WR
    Odell Beckham
    Brandin Cooks
    Julian Edelman
    Willie Snead
    Philip Dorsett
    Josh Doctson

TE
    Jared Cook

DST
    Vikings

K
    Myers (Jax)

(So basically I need average production from my RBs and hope the Giants score buckets of TDs)

• Advertisement

No point sticking up teams if you are just discussing with yourself.

Adrian, I really like that team. Brady, Mathews, Stewart, Gore and Miller, all great pickups. I am thinking we may listen to some similar podcasts.

Dodge, pretty strong team, especially at WR, 4 guys that will be excellent and 2 who could be very good. I would be a bit worried about the RBs, Ivory is very undervalued though. I like him. I have no idea what Duke Johnson will be like and same for the other two.

Deccy, I have a few good RBs, have a look at my team if you are interested in trading. I am really happy with my team though so I would be driving a hard bargain.

Here is my team:
    1t9CPp.jpg

Delighted with RBs, Zeke will hopefully be a monstor. Shady looks fully healthy and won't have Karlos Williams stealing touches. Henry and Michael could be the leading backs in teams with good run offence. I didn't need the last two but couldn't pass on them considering where they were going.

WRs are nothing to write home about. Landry was excellent last year. The rest are all iffy I think. I think my pick of Steve Smith could work out good value considering where I took him. If he is half the player he was before he got injured it will be an excellent pick.

To be honest, I've done little or no research this year. Haven't really been into the podcasts and things at all. Hopefully once the season gets going I'll be into it a bit more but short on time at the moment.

I did swipe the rankings from ESPN though rather than following the NFL defaults or doing any work myself!

I'm assuming you took your 2 running backs early? I went WR early as I always seem to need to replace running backs before too long due to injury or just being sh!te.

WR I think is a bit more predictable, not as many injuries and the top guys usually perform.

I think the draft is only half the battle, last season in the championship game I only had 2 starters that I drafted, all the others I pciked up off waivers or traded for.

Raoul wrote: »
    Dodge, pretty strong team, especially at WR, 4 guys that will be excellent and 2 who could be very good. I would be a bit worried about the RBs, Ivory is very undervalued though. I like him. I have no idea what Duke Johnson will be like and same for the other two.

I nearly always go strong on WRs in this league as we play 3 and I hope I can bank on 3 good performances there every week. If a couple pop, I could have some trade value there too

I was drafting on phone and didn't realise until way too late that all the half decent TEs were gone. For RBs I went with 2 guys who'll be starters and then hopefully Dion Lewis can be strong down the finish. It's definitely my weak spot

Don't know who the Arsenal Jets is but they were in front of me half the time and I really like their team. 4th and forever looks really well balanced

adrian522 wrote: »
    To be honest, I've done little or no research this year. Haven't really been into the podcasts and things at all. Hopefully once the season gets going I'll be into it a bit more but short on time at the moment.

I did swipe the rankings from ESPN though rather than following the NFL defaults or doing any work myself!

I'm assuming you took your 2 running backs early? I went WR early as I always seem to need to replace running backs before too long due to injury or just being sh!te.

WR I think is a bit more predictable, not as many injuries and the top guys usually perform.

I think the draft is only half the battle, last season in the championship game I only had 2 starters that I drafted, all the others I pciked up off waivers or traded for.

Yeah took my RBs early. I try and not be fixed in at I have to take a WR first. Just take what comes. If the 4 guys get going then I should be able to trade one of them for a good WR.

WR is definitely more dependable if you have one of the top guys, I am not so sure when you are talking about your third WR, it is a bit of a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Dodge wrote: »
    Don't know who the Arsenal Jets is but they were in front of me half the time and I really like their team. 4th and forever looks really well balanced

The Arsenal Jets is my team, I was happy enough with how it worked out but it's such lucky dip once you go beyond round 4 in a 16-man league!

BUILT ON A FORMIDABLE CARTEL OF WIDEOUTS, THE ARSENAL JETS COULD BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP PICTURE

Draft Grade
    A
    Proj Record
    8-5
    Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
    After landing the fourth slot in the draft, The Arsenal Jets assembled a roster that will cause plenty of trouble for their opponents this season. They grabbed wide receivers early, using three of their first five picks to address that position. That early positional investment helped to yield the highest-scoring threesome of wide receivers in the league.
    Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Jeremy Langford in the 4th round was somewhat of a stretch (61st overall pick versus an ADP of 90.8).
    Ben Roethlisberger may have been a steal in the 7th round, with an overall pick of 100th compared to an ADP of 59.2).
    The Arsenal Jets got off to a sizzling start, amassing the most projected points in the league during the first half of the draft.

----

QB1: Ben Roethlisberger
    QB2: Kirk Cousins
    RB1: CJ Anderson
    RB2: Jeremy Langford
    RB3: Kenneth Dixon
    RB4: James Starks
    WR1: Julio Jones
    WR2: Randall Cobb
    WR3: Emmanuel Sanders
    WR4: Devin Funchess
    WR5: Breshad Perriman
    TE: Cody Fleender
    Def: Patriots
    K: Adam Vinatieri

I don't really see why anyone would draft Ben over some of the other QBs. He was pretty injury prone last year.

Your WRs are excellent. I wouldn't be too confident about CJ Anderson. I like Langford but loads of people don't. That doesn't really make sense to me.

Also, I like Cody Fleender haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I'm happy enough with how my draft went, which isn't necessarily a good thing, as the only other time that happened, I had a fairly poor season.

Here's my draft recap which isn't too optimistic recarding my chances;
    WITH AN OUTSTANDING COLLECTION OF RBS, DOUGLAS LIONS HOPES TO ESCAPE THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK

Draft Grade
    B-
    Proj Record
    6-7
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    Douglas Lions will have a great opportunity to prove the prognosticators wrong after being expected to finish ninth in Boards Prem League. They decided that the time for wide receivers was early, using three of their first five picks on that position. At another spot in the lineup, Douglas Lions was able to land one of the top foursomes of running backs in the league.
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Marvin Jones in the 5th round (69th overall pick versus an ADP of 122.2 across all NFL.com leagues).
    If other NFL.com users are right, Philip Rivers was a steal in the 7th round (101st overall pick versus an ADP of 78.9).

QB1: Philip Rivers
    QB2: Jay Cutler
    RB1: Todd Gurley
    RB2: Latavius Murray
    RB3: Charles Sims
    RB4: Buck Allen
    WR1: Sammy Watkins
    WR2: Allen Hurns
    WR3: Marvin Jones
    WR4: Rishard Matthews
    WR5: Terrance Williams
    TE: Eric Ebron
    K: Justin Tucker
    DEF: Bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Amazingly after drafting at 16 im actually relatively happy with my team. It really is tough going a full 31 picks not picking anyone though haha.

QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Eddie Lacy
    RB - Mark Ingram
    WR - Kamar Aiken
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Donte Moncrief
    TE - Julius Thomas
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Texans

BN - Sam Bradford
    BN - Jay Ajayi
    BN - Victor Cruz
    BN - Anquan Boldin
    BN - Martellus Bennett

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Amazingly after drafting at 16 im actually relatively happy with my team. It really is tough going a full 31 picks not picking anyone though haha.

QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Eddie Lacy
    RB - Mark Ingram
    WR - Kamar Aiken
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Donte Moncrief
    TE - Julius Thomas
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Texans

BN - Sam Bradford
    BN - Jay Ajayi
    BN - Victor Cruz
    BN - Anquan Boldin
    BN - Martellus Bennett

There is nothing wrong with drafting at 16. You get 2 picks in a row together. Did you take Ingram and Lacy in the 1st and 2nd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

If i could trade my team for anyone else's at this stage it'd be the Dundalk Oriels team whoever's it is!!
    Prob a bit weak at TE but ASJ has huge upside if he ever gets round to fulfilling it.

Advertisement