Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Fook i used the app earlier and dragged wallace to the wrong spot and benjamin is now on my bench. What a stupid move not checking the lineup after. I hope he does nothing tonight

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Fook i used the app earlier and dragged wallace to the wrong spot and benjamin is now on my bench. What a stupid move not checking the lineup after. I hope he does nothing tonight

Dodged a bullet I guess but one thing I just noticed. Did the Saints drop Michael Thomas and didn't tell anyone and NFL.com only know about it?

219unwh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Going to have my best score of the year so far and lose this week. Need Frank Gore to score less than 4 points more than Dwayne Allen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dodge wrote: »
    Going to have my best score of the year so far and lose this week. Need Frank Gore to score less than 4 points more than Dwayne Allen

Gore has done so well this season he's got to be one of the most consistent backs going. Never spectacular but usually good for 8-12 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Imagine he had a good oline!

• Advertisement

F***!!

I clicked on accept trade, when I meant to reject!! I even wrote a little note explaining why I wasn't trading the Vikings D for Jon Brown

Can this be vetoed please!?!

Dodge wrote: »
    F***!!

I clicked on accept trade, when I meant to reject!! I even wrote a little note explaining why I wasn't trading the Vikings D for Jon Brown

Can this be vetoed please!?!

That trade was with me. I don't know if I am being a d*ck here but like you accepted the trade last night before the game. I was trying to trade him before last nights game on purpose. If you noticed before the game I would have said fair enough and cancelled the trade (if I could) or traded the Vikings back to you.

The thinking behind me trading was that John Brown is on the up (you need a 3rd WR badly) and hopefully someone saw that before last nights game and that while the Vikings D has been unreal, maybe you thought I need to sell high as there is no chance they can keep up this pace. Like I don't think I am robbing you.

What do you think? Hate that stuff like this happens.

Well I'll be honest, I rate Snead ahead of Brown so I don't think I need a 3rd WR and I replied with the reason (but maybe that didn't get through because I clicked accept instead of reject). I said it would take a huge offer to take the Vikings off my hands

I had Brown in another league (12 team. 0.5PPR) and I let him go. I know how flakey he is. I don't want him in another league. I don't want any of the Cardinals WRs

It was a simple mistake on my part, and I can't see how anyone would think otherwise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, not sure what rules apply here. I am away on holidays but having g a quick look it doesn't seem I can cancel the trade.

People can vote against the trade if they deem it be unfair. From my point of view I'd be inclined to vote against the trade as it does seem to be a genuine mistake.

I'll let people make their own decisions on this but I won't cancel the trade if it s not vetoed by members of the league.

This trade is under review until Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Whilst i am a firm believer of "be careful of what buttons you press" when it comes to fantasy football and that trades shouldnt be reversed by the commish unless its obvious collusion, i do hope that enough votes are gotten to veto it.

It seems like a genuine mistake and the fact it was accepted before MNF and brought to attention the day after doesnt hold for me. He could never play for his new team anyway. Brown has averaged 5pts before MNF and got 5 pts on MNF so his performance on MNF is irrelevant. It is entirely plausible that someone can notice a mistake a day later, i've done similar in different leagues.

Regarding this trade i dont think its a fair deal at all, i would never have accepted it. The number 1 ranked defence averaging over 16pts a game for the 66th ranked WR averaging 5pts per game. Its not even close in my eyes

• Advertisement

FWIW I only noticed it on Tuesday as I went to make a waiver claim. There's no other way of noticing it

As a rule, I wouldn't accept any trade before the player plays (for injury reasons) even if I was mad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I noticed the other trade which is Keenum for Siemian and Tamme which seems very one sided to me and I don't like it. I'm voting against it.

Who is on the other end of that trade with you Dodge? If he agrees then we can veto it by voting against it. If that doesn't work then you can always trade back.

Whilst i am a firm believer of "be careful of what buttons you press" when it comes to fantasy football and that trades shouldnt be reversed by the commish unless its obvious collusion, i do hope that enough votes are gotten to veto it.

It seems like a genuine mistake and the fact it was accepted before MNF and brought to attention the day after doesnt hold for me. He could never play for his new team anyway. Brown has averaged 5pts before MNF and got 5 pts on MNF so his performance on MNF is irrelevant. It is entirely plausible that someone can notice a mistake a day later, i've done similar in different leagues.

Regarding this trade i dont think its a fair deal at all, i would never have accepted it. The number 1 ranked defence averaging over 16pts a game for the 66th ranked WR averaging 5pts per game. Its not even close in my eyes
    I don't agree that it is an unfair deal. Of course that D has been excellent. But my thinking was when offering it, maybe the person with that D doesn't believe that they could keep it up.

The point for me about the Monday night game was more that perhaps the person had second thoughts. I wanted to offer the trade before that game on purpose.

As for John Brown, the 66th ranked there and the ppg isn't accurate as the first two games he was only on the field as a distraction really because he was recovering from injury. So I think that his average is really 7 ppg. Also in one of those games Carson Palmer was injured and he is back now. So my point of view was that perhaps the other person would have better value in having this player than Willie Snead as a starter. 6 ppg average and is on the way down (his two biggest games probably have happened already). Brees is spreading the ball about, he had over 460 yards and Snead only got 47. So I don't see it as an unfair deal, the fairness can only be reflected in what the two owners value.

But I will be totally fair and I won't whine when the trade is veteod. Just pointing out I don't think it is an unfair deal. I posted in the charter discussion thread, would be good to have a ruling on issues like these for when they pop up again.

EDIT - I don't think trades should be vetoed like that Case Keenum one. Trades should only be vetoed if it is totally and clearly unfair, one owner taking advantage of another. That trade is totally fine. Also shouldn't be used so you can make a player a better offer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

eagle eye wrote: »
    I noticed the other trade which is Keenum for Siemian and Tamme which seems very one sided to me and I don't like it. I'm voting against it.

Who is on the other end of that trade with you Dodge? If he agrees then we can veto it by voting against it. If that doesn't work then you can always trade back.

Who do you think the Keenum for Siemian trade is one sided towards?

Who do you think the Keenum for Siemian trade is one sided towards?
    Seimian is a better QB in fantasy and in real life. Keenum is starting but it's only a matter of time before they put Goff in and he is not as good. It's a bad trade but I wouldn't vote against it one on one but when a starting TE is thrown in with it then it's really one-sided imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I was the one trading for keenum, honestly I originally offered seiman but was rejected, I had already had a waiver request in dropping tamme so had no issue adding hi when he was going to be a free agent anyway. The reason I made the trade was a roll of of the dice for after his bye due to my bad start. He has panthers, jets, Dolphins, Miami which are pretty terrible defensively. He will throw a lot and if it clicks I should get some points as Taylor has patriots, Seahawks, bye and bengals.

Trippie wrote: »
    I was the one trading for keenum, honestly I originally offered seiman but was rejected, I had already had a waiver request in dropping tamme so had no issue adding hi when he was going to be a free agent anyway. The reason I made the trade was a roll of of the dice for after his bye due to my bad start. He has panthers, jets, Dolphins, Miami which are pretty terrible defensively. He will throw a lot and if it clicks I should get some points as Taylor has patriots, Seahawks, bye and bengals.

I don't think you needed to justify yourself but I do think it was a bad decision. Keenum can't be the starter much longer.

Anybody interested in a TE? I have Jack Doyle up for grabs if somebody offers a decent RB.

Doyle is currently the third highest scoring tight end in FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Anybody interested in a TE? I have Jack Doyle up for grabs if somebody offers a decent RB.

Doyle is currently the third highest scoring tight end in FF.

I'm looking to trade Delanie Walker if anyone would rather him over Doyle. Looking for a WR.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'm looking to trade Delanie Walker if anyone would rather him over Doyle. Looking for a WR.

John Brown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

This league is frustrating. I've looked at the standings and cant believe i'm 3-5. Only one guy (TO) has outscored me over the first 8 weeks. Five guys on 6-2 or above and i've outscored the lot. This frigging game is frustrating

This league is frustrating. I've looked at the standings and cant believe i'm 3-5. Only one guy (TO) has outscored me over the first 8 weeks. Five guys on 6-2 or above and i've outscored the lot. This frigging game is frustrating

Yeah that is unlucky. You are fourth best in the league overall (breakdown which is more important than points scored). Lots of time though to turn that around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Big win for me this week over TO's Slingtown Lions, with Jimmy Graham seeing me over the line on MNF. I had 5 FA pick up's starting to cover for bye weeks and they contributed a nice 41 points between them.

This win gives me a glimmer of playoff hope on 4-5 after a tough season so far. One more win and I should be safe from relegation. The loss drops 6th seeded Slinger Lions to 5-4 and brings the five teams at 4-5 right into the playoff mix.

The four division leaders look fairly nailed on for the playoffs, and Slinger Lions are very unlucky to be only at 5-4 given their huge lead in the points and breakdown tables.

My own mistake gambling on Benjamin. The fact he kept leaving for periods during the game tells me he probably wont be productive for me for the rest of the season and of course Wallace decides to blow up on Sunday. Going to be one of those seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

A shocker for me this week. I somehow managed to leave 57 points on the bench, only 14 points shy of the team total!
    Any hopes of myself making the playoffs are now surely over for this year. The aim now is to avoid relegation.

Anyone interested in trading Christine Michael? I need a WR with a good matchup for the playoffs and I can also give you a WR.

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone interested in trading Christine Michael? I need a WR with a good matchup for the playoffs and I can also give you a WR.
    Isn't Rawls back next week? What level of receiver are you looking or in exchange for Michael?

Isn't Rawls back next week? What level of receiver are you looking or in exchange for Michael?

Not sure about Rawls, can't see him overtaking Michael anyway who has been excellent. I would also give Jarvis Landry. So it would need to be a pretty good WR. But as I said, I need a good playoff schedule.

I would also consider Gronk or Jordan Reed

Michael has only hit 1 100 yd game and has less than 64 yds in every other game. He has 6 TDs but all spread over 4 games and mostly goal line situations. With Jimmy Graham back in form I can see him taking some of those away from Michael as the Seahawks are big fans of pound and then go to PA out in the flats on GL situations. Fantasy wise he is average at best and no where near worth a Gronk or Reed. Jarvis Landry would be more suitable trade as he has done fook all really this season.

• Advertisement

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Michael has only hit 1 100 yd game and has less than 64 yds in every other game. He has 6 TDs but all spread over 4 games and mostly goal line situations. With Jimmy Graham back in form I can see him taking some of those away from Michael as the Seahawks are big fans of pound and then go to PA out in the flats on GL situations. Fantasy wise he is average at best and no where near worth a Gronk or Reed. Jarvis Landry would be more suitable trade as he has done fook all really this season.

I said that I would couple both if someone is in need.

I take what you say about Michael but at the same time he is a No. 1 RB which is very tough to get. Last night was total anomaly. Wilson isn't rushing much either.

It all depends on what the teams needs are. If they need a decent RB and a good WR then it may work.

Not sure why people are totally shooting me down here. Just trying to see if anyone is interested in a trade who need help immediately.

Advertisement