Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Am i in this league this year? Was runner up in Div 1 last year. Not sure if it's just the winner that goes up. Just didn't see my name in the final list for div 1 that was posted earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Yup

Div Team Name Username
    Prem1 Arsenal Jets Limpar
    Prem2 Slingtown Lions TOss Sweep
    Prem3 Lambmuncher 6 Hanners
    Prem4 Stompers fisgon
    Prem5 Oh Look an Eagle Mr. Guappa
    Prem6 Fourpenny malistheman
    Prem7 Douglas Lions Lionbacker
    Prem8 The Nastys Pat the Patriot
    Prem9 Inchicore Warriors Dodge
    Prem10 Warfield Warriors TaosHum
    Prem11 West Coast Coolers Xavi6
    Prem12 Donottar Dare Devils smackbunnybaby
    Prem13 Longford Patriots niall1811
    Prem14 Sexual Theilen El Horseboxo
    Prem15 Dak to the Future deccy15
    Prem16 The Expendables radharc

Adrian has the leagues adjusted in the first post of the 2018 thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107395223&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

I can't get logged into nfl on my phone, will get on the laptop this evening so i can join and sort out GM and I'll start sorting out invites etc and create a draft time poll

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've sent invites to the 4 new people, someone will have to remove me from the league though so everyone can join.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've sent invites to the 4 new people, someone will have to remove me from the league though so everyone can join.

Looks like i'm the victom of that. Saying league full. I'll join once Adrian has been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

TO, you should have rights to remove me.

Looks like i'm the victom of that. Saying league full. I'll join once Adrian has been removed.

The league was set to 14 teams for some reason, you should be able to join now.

TO, you should have rights to remove me.

Doesn't look like I can

2018-08-17_0913.png

You would be better editing the League owner to someone else for now and then just quitting the league manually. No one can remove you as the league owner.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    You would be better editing the League owner to someone else for now and then just quitting the league manually. No one can remove you as the league owner.

Done, you are now the league owner, can you assign privileges to niall1811 once he joins the league?

• Advertisement

Done, you are now the league owner, can you assign privileges to niall1811 once he joins the league?

Nope I am going to undo all of your work and delete the league :pac:

Finally got joined, came home to use the laptop that evening to discover the mrs had broken it and "forgot" to mention it...back to the old one for fantasy draft season!

PM's sent to last 2 guys to fill the last spots.

Draft time poll below, all times GMT didn't go with any later start time than 9pm simply because Boards drafts have always taken quite a while, but if there's a general opinion we want it later I'll re-do the poll

https://doodle.com/poll/2vps55bcqxucyu36

Not sure if you sent that invite to me yet Niall. Haven't got it just in case you did if you want to try sending again. Thanks.

They're sent again, seems that one of ye is already in so once the other joins we're full and ready to go

Draft poll will stay open till Friday morning, so far Tuesday 4th @9pm is looking like it'll come out on top

Poll is finished, draft time is set to Tuesday 4th September at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In that case I’ll be auto drafting again as it’s 4am my time, can’t be up at that hour midweek!

Few new things for this year, link to the post after it was voted on after last season: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107859532&postcount=100

Main points are we're going from 3WR slots down to 2, making space for a flex

Draft order will be randomised Saturday when I've a bit more time and I'll post it in here so we can all plan for the position we are picking from.

Just in case it goes unnoticed before the draft. The WR slot is currently set to 6.

Roster spots are fixed, WR is corrected to 2, thanks El Horsboxo

The schedule is now set, Adrian provided custom matchups based on divisions to allow for more divisional games

Draft order has been randomised and set, in the interest of transparency I took the league home page and numbered the teams 1-16 and fed it into a random number generator and below is the list as it came out, this is how we will be drafting. Boards league drafts are in a snake format. In brackets is the number assigned to each team.

1. Lambmuncher (15)
    2. The Expendables (8)
    3. The Arsenal Jets (11)
    4. Longford Patriots (7)
    5. Inchicore Warriors (10)
    6. Havana Sand paper symposium (6)
    7. West Coast Coolers (13)
    8. Stompers (4)
    9. Douglas Lions (9)
    10. Oh Look an eagle (3)
    11. The nastys (12)
    12. Fourpenny (1)
    13. Warfield Warriors (2)
    14. Donnottar dare devils (14)
    15. Dak to the future (16)
    16. Slingtown Lions (5)

That's all the changes made, matchups set, draft order set, all that remains now is to draft and get the season rolling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

niall1811 wrote: »
    Draft order has been randomised and set, in the interest of transparency I took the league home page and numbered the teams 1-16 and fed it into a random number generator and below is the list as it came out, this is how we will be drafting. Boards league drafts are in a snake format. In brackets is the number assigned to each team.

Why not just let NFL.com set a random order like the Boards league has always done? Then it's randomised when the draft room opens. That way there can be no questions or doubts.

Edit: I see that setting the draft order in advance of the draft was voted for. Seems odd to me that nobody considered that they had to take the commissioner's word for it that it was genuinely randomised. I think there needs to be proof that it was genuinely randomised. Nothing against you nial1811 - I'm not even in this league - but all we have here is the commissioner's word that the draft was randomised, and the commissioner has ended up with the 4th overall pick (which many people think is the best pick to have this year - guaranteeing yourself one of the big 4 RBs and getting to pick ahead of 1-3 on the way back).

Because that's what boards league voted on last year to change to a predetermined draft order, i don't agree with it either but i posted the link above with the new rule changes i was sent. All leagues had to switch to the new way

JaMarcus wrote:
    Edit: I see that setting the draft order in advance of the draft was voted for. Seems odd to me that nobody considered that they had to take the commissioner's word for it that it was genuinely randomised. I think there needs to be proof that it was genuinely randomised. Nothing against you nial1811 - I'm not even in this league - but all we have here is the commissioner's word that the draft was randomised, and the commissioner has ended up with the 4th overall pick (which many people think is the best pick to have this year - guaranteeing yourself one of the big 4 RBs and getting to pick ahead of 1-3 on the way back).

This was my issue with this format, that there would never be any way of proving a randomised format, and I'm fine with redoing the order if someone can come up with a way that all can see the process.

Alternatively I'm happy to have a league vote for the prem division to return to a random nfl.com draft order, once we get the OK from adrian to change back.

Personally I'd vote for switching back, simply because there is no way for me to prove a randomised format, and even knew while doing it that it would spark a debate just like this one. There is no need to know the draft order until you log in for the actual draft in my opinion, but we'll vote on it for the prem division...we have time as the draft isnt till tuesday

I must admit until you explained how you did I just realized how much of a horrible idea it is.

I've been in other online leagues for over 10+ years and we always know the pick in advance. Like maybe a day or two. It saves wasting time researching and doing up notes on players that will probably never be around at your pick. For anyone that likes to put the work in ahead of a draft, knowing your pick in advance by a decent amount of time is great. 30 mins is fúck all time to do anything and was one of the things i hated about the boards leagues. But at least you knew it was completely randomized.

We had the same problem in some leagues going back years ago now. And to get around it. We simply joined a skype session or whatever screen share medium was used. Not everyone, whoever could join. No sound or chatting away. Just the commissioner with a site up that randomizes the names already populated. Once there were 2 or 3 on the screen share. He would hit the button. We'd all take a screenshot or picture and then post up the order in the chat on the FF site. Or for the offline one we'd email out. So a few witnesses and each posting the same draft order. This method has been trusted in any other league i've been in for years now.

Personally I'd vote for switching back, simply because there is no way for me to prove a randomised format, and even knew while doing it that it would spark a debate just like this one. There is no need to know the draft order until you log in for the actual draft in my opinion, but we'll vote on it for the prem division...we have time as the draft isnt till tuesday

But anyone with a decent pick is going to vote against it now that the order was posted. I'd vote against it now as pick 6 is the best pick i've had in the 5 leagues i'm in and all mock drafts have given me the team i'm happiest with out of all of the 4 live drafts i've already done. And since the order was done i've literally only focused on pick 6. I'm 7 hours behind Ireland and i'll only be able to take a break at work around 9PM Irish time on Tuesday. So i'll literally only know my pick right before draft begins and everything i've done so far would have mostly been for nothing.

Every other league here had to switch to picks in advance. How are they handling it?

Its not going to change. Too late for that. Food for thought next year.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Its not going to change. Too late for that. Food for thought next year.

Yes, too late for any changes now. For next season we can discuss what should be done to make it more transparent or to revert to NFL.com deciding the order.

I'm sorry to those who aren't a fan of the predetermined order, from what i can see in other leagues there has been no way of anyone other than the league GM doing the order somehow and posting it into the thread. That's what was suggested in the PM's i received, to number the teams and feed them into a generator.

When i volunteered to GM this year i didn't exactly forsee something like this cropping up. I'm sure it'll be voted back to the old way for next year, or we'll get clarity in how the order will be done. I haven't made up any of the rules or any of the changes, all I've done is follow the instructions sent as voted on by boards league members at the end of last year.

And with all due respect to everyone in the league who may doubt the legitimacy of the order, honestly I'd have little to be at to go fixing a fantasy draft order. Anyone who's been in a league with me before will know i play serious, but i don't live and die by my fantasy teams.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to those who aren't a fan of the predetermined order, from what i can see in other leagues there has been no way of anyone other than the league GM doing the order somehow and posting it into the thread. That's what was suggested in the PM's i received, to number the teams and feed them into a generator.

When i volunteered to GM this year i didn't exactly forsee something like this cropping up. I'm sure it'll be voted back to the old way for next year, or we'll get clarity in how the order will be done. I haven't made up any of the rules or any of the changes, all I've done is follow the instructions sent as voted on by boards league members at the end of last year.

And with all due respect to everyone in the league who may doubt the legitimacy of the order, honestly I'd have little to be at to go fixing a fantasy draft order. Anyone who's been in a league with me before will know i play serious, but i don't live and die by my fantasy teams.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you've manufactured a favorable draft order, more that the potential is there for something like that to happen.

We need some way of making it more transparent, such as a site that randomizes the draft order and then automatically emails people so that you cant manipulate it without others knowing.

At the end of the day people voted for it to be set prior to draft day, so there will have to be a little bit of trust in the GM of the league.

Advertisement