Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

niall1811 wrote: »
    And with all due respect to everyone in the league who may doubt the legitimacy of the order, honestly I'd have little to be at to go fixing a fantasy draft order. Anyone who's been in a league with me before will know i play serious, but i don't live and die by my fantasy teams.

I can say knowing you for as long as I have you did a fair shake on the draft order. Just for clarification my thought process is the overall process of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

GM is a thankless job a lot of the time so thanks for organizing everything niall1811

I dont understand how that randomizer picked my team Lambmuncher at 15 but I drafted 12? Happy with my team regardless but I do think just letting the website decide the order is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

adrian522 wrote: »

We need some way of making it more transparent, such as a site that randomizes the draft order and then automatically emails people so that you cant manipulate it without others knowing.

Maybe have a GM of a different league (or any independent poster that's been around a while) use random.org to determine the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Hanners wrote: »
    I dont understand how that randomizer picked my team Lambmuncher at 15 but I drafted 12?

Umm, is that not a serious problem?

NFL.com had problems over the weekend and it apparently messed up a lot of settings. Nobody could draft Sunday night EST in the US and the same Monday for 2 hours in the evening. This apparently reset leagues everywhere but they are denying it as usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I missed the draft last night. Tried to log in before the start, but I was using a new laptop and couldn't remember my password. Requested a new password but that still hasn't come through, despite numerous attempts. Could someone let me know what assortment of misfits I ended up with? Team is Oh Look An Eagle.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I missed the draft last night. Tried to log in before the start, but I was using a new laptop and couldn't remember my password. Requested a new password but that still hasn't come through, despite numerous attempts. Could someone let me know what assortment of misfits I ended up with? Team is Oh Look An Eagle.

QB Ben Roethlisberger QB - PIT
    RB Tarik Cohen RB - CHI @GB
    RB Kerryon Johnson RB - DET NYJ
    WR DeAndre Hopkins WR - HOU @NE
    WR Adam Thielen WR - MIN SF
    TE Jimmy Graham TE - GB
    R/W/T Stefon Diggs WR - MIN
    BN Frank Gore RB - MIA TEN
    BN Doug Martin RB - OAK LA
    BN Calvin Ridley WR - ATL @PHI
    BN Mohamed Sanu WR - ATL @PHI
    K Matt Bryant K - ATL @PHI
    DEF Los Angeles Rams DEF
    BN New England Patriots DEF HOU

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Any want to trade for Delanie Walker ? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A feckin’ draw to start, Jared Cook saved me with 180 yards after Matt Stafford put himself on the trading block. I’d have won if I started Sam Darnold instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A feckin’ draw to start, Jared Cook saved me with 180 yards after Matt Stafford put himself on the trading block. I’d have won if I started Sam Darnold instead :(

Was that you - 101.94 v 101.94?

Never seen a draw down to two decimal points before.

• Advertisement

It was yeah. Cook had a reception with 35 seconds left in the Raiders game, I was watching MNF at work shouting at my phone for him to get extra yards after the catch. Bastard fell one short of giving me the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

It was yeah. Cook had a reception with 35 seconds left in the Raiders game, I was watching MNF at work shouting at my phone for him to get extra yards after the catch. Bastard fell one short of giving me the win.

That was against me. To be fair you can't really be complaining after getting 180 yards from Cook, only got 680 in the whole of last season!! GG dude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Yeah, but if Deccy had started Rivers instead of Garoppolo, he'd have won.
    TBF I don't think anyone could have predicted what happened to Stafford last night & I doubt anyone would have started Darnold in his place given the choice.

On another note, strange that the league standings haven't been updated yet. Must be confused as to how to deal with a tie:pac:

deccy15 wrote: »
    That was against me. To be fair you can't really be complaining after getting 180 yards from Cook, only got 680 in the whole of last season!! GG dude!!

I had it chalked down as a loss after the Lions game but Cook going for over 100 in the first half kept it interesting to the end! Can’t complain about breaking the 100 point barrier anyway.

Just noticed there seems to be a problem with the schedule. The division 4 fixtures are exactly the same for week 2 as they were this week.

Niall you might want to fix that if possible

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Just noticed there seems to be a problem with the schedule. The division 4 fixtures are exactly the same for week 2 as they were this week.

Niall you might want to fix that if possible

And Division 4 play an extra game

2018-09-11_1824.png

Just had a closer look there. The whole schedule seems messed up. I have to play "The Nastys" 3 times. Quite a few of the final games which are meant to be divisional are not. Division 1 seems grand, but there's a few teams in other divisions including all of the teams in division 4 with scheduling inconsistencies.

Looks like something went wrong when that fixture list was created.

Thing is though I can still edit things and when I go to the schedule page I see this

week13no14.png

No extra matchups

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Thing is though I can still edit things and when I go to the schedule page I see this

week13no14.png

No extra matchups

Strange. From what I can see there are 8 teams with extra games. Three teams from divisions 3 & 4 and a two teams from division 2.
    Might be an idea to redo the whole schedule altogether.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, I can't look at the league as I'm not in it anymore but the fixtures should be as follows:

Schedule

Week 1 Week 2
    Fourpenny v Warfield Warriors Fourpenny v Stompers
    Oh look an eagle v Stompers Warfield Warriors v Oh look an eagle
    Slingtown Lions v Havana sandpaper symposium Slingtown Lions v The expendables
    Longford Patriots v The expendables Havana sandpaper symposium v Longford Patriots
    Douglas Lions v Inchicore Warriors Douglas Lions v The Nastys
    The arsenal jets v The Nastys Inchicore Warriors v The arsenal jets
    West coast coolers v Donottar dare devils West coast coolers v Dak to the future
    Lambmuncher6 v Dak to the future Donottar dare devils v Lambmuncher6

Week 3 Week 4
    Fourpenny v Oh look an eagle Fourpenny v Slingtown Lions
    Warfield Warriors v Stompers Warfield Warriors v Havana sandpaper symposium
    Slingtown Lions v Longford Patriots Oh look an eagle v Longford Patriots
    Havana sandpaper symposium v The expendables Stompers v The expendables
    Douglas Lions v The arsenal jets Douglas Lions v West coast coolers
    Inchicore Warriors v The Nastys Inchicore Warriors v Donottar dare devils
    West coast coolers v Lambmuncher6 The arsenal jets v Lambmuncher6
    Donottar dare devils v Dak to the future The Nastys v Dak to the future

Week 5 Week 6
    Fourpenny v Douglas Lions Fourpenny v West coast coolers
    Warfield Warriors v Inchicore Warriors Warfield Warriors v Donottar dare devils
    Oh look an eagle v The arsenal jets Oh look an eagle v Lambmuncher6
    Stompers v The Nastys Stompers v Dak to the future
    Slingtown Lions v West coast coolers Slingtown Lions v Douglas Lions
    Havana sandpaper symposium v Donottar dare devils Havana sandpaper symposium v Inchicore Warriors
    Longford Patriots v Lambmuncher6 Longford Patriots v The arsenal jets
    The expendables v Dak to the future The expendables v The Nastys

Week 7 Week 8
    Fourpenny v Havana sandpaper symposium Fourpenny v Longford Patriots
    Warfield Warriors v Slingtown Lions Warfield Warriors v The expendables
    Oh look an eagle v The expendables Oh look an eagle v Havana sandpaper symposium
    Stompers v Longford Patriots Stompers v Slingtown Lions
    Douglas Lions v Donottar dare devils Douglas Lions v Lambmuncher6
    Inchicore Warriors v West coast coolers Inchicore Warriors v Dak to the future
    The arsenal jets v Dak to the future The arsenal jets v Donottar dare devils
    The Nastys v Lambmuncher6 The Nastys v West coast coolers

Week 9 Week 10
    Fourpenny v The expendables Fourpenny v Inchicore Warriors
    Warfield Warriors v Longford Patriots Warfield Warriors v Douglas Lions
    Oh look an eagle v Slingtown Lions Oh look an eagle v The Nastys
    Stompers v Havana sandpaper symposium Stompers v The arsenal jets
    Douglas Lions v Dak to the future Slingtown Lions v Donottar dare devils
    Inchicore Warriors v Lambmuncher6 Havana sandpaper symposium v West coast coolers
    The arsenal jets v West coast coolers Longford Patriots v Dak to the future
    The Nastys v Donottar dare devils The expendables v Lambmuncher6

Week 11 Week 12
    Fourpenny v Warfield Warriors Fourpenny v Stompers
    Oh look an eagle v Stompers Warfield Warriors v Oh look an eagle
    Slingtown Lions v Havana sandpaper symposium Slingtown Lions v The expendables
    Longford Patriots v The expendables Havana sandpaper symposium v Longford Patriots
    Douglas Lions v Inchicore Warriors Douglas Lions v The Nastys
    The arsenal jets v The Nastys Inchicore Warriors v The arsenal jets
    West coast coolers v Donottar dare devils West coast coolers v Dak to the future
    Lambmuncher6 v Dak to the future Donottar dare devils v Lambmuncher6

Week 13
    Fourpenny v Oh look an eagle
    Warfield Warriors v Stompers
    Slingtown Lions v Longford Patriots
    Havana sandpaper symposium v The expendables
    Douglas Lions v The arsenal jets
    Inchicore Warriors v The Nastys
    West coast coolers v Lambmuncher6
    Donottar dare devils v Dak to the future

• Advertisement

All this tinkering is why I am against manual changes. Every year you read issues in threads about settings being wrong in divisions

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi, I can't look at the league as I'm not in it anymore but the fixtures should be as follows:

I will take a look shortly havent been able to get hold of Niall. Thing is though I think the issues the NFL.com site had may have screwed this

The fixtures are set the way they should be. Week 14 is the Playoff as the teams stand at this moment. Week 14 will change from week to week.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    The fixtures are set the way they should be. Week 14 is the Playoff as the teams stand at this moment. Week 14 will change from week to week.

Yeah but we still have the situation where the teams in division 4 are effectively having rematches this week. Lambmuncher6 vs Donottar dare devils & West coast coolers vs Dak to the future already played each other in week 1.

Fixed it Week 1 and week 2 was wrong for those 4 teams they were reversed. Those 4 teams now have reversed schedules for both those weeks accorinding to Adrian guide above. I will got through the rest again. Working and trying to look at that was my bad :D Took a few attempts to see what was wrong when you edit it.

Good spot Lionbacker

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Sorry I'm abroad at the moment I haven't been on since Sunday, thanks for the fix TO.

No idea what happened with all the settings, I pulled it up to double check after setting them and everything was set as per the schedule sent. NFL.com is just having fun with us this year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Missing the draft this year combined with having Bell has just screwed me this year. Division 1 awaits!

So, how did everyone get on?
    For the second consecutive year, I've finished 7th at the conclusion of the regular season, just missing out on the playoffs on head to head tiebreakers again, despite sweeping my division 6-0:(

Ah well, on to next year (after the consolation bracket playoff) & good luck to those who made the championship playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Started the season 2-2 but went 7-2 the last 9 weeks (including losing by 0.2 after that crazy Chiefs Rams game led to Josh Reynolds going crazy against me) to make the play offs in third spot

Picking in 15th I hit on my first rounder (McCaffrey) but next 5 picks ranged from not bad to ugh. Adrian Peterson at 111 was a steal and Matt Ryan at 146 gave me great value

I say it every year but my first goal in this league is to avoid relegation, then make the play offs. Now to try and win the thing

Really strong league lads. Not many trades but our waiver wire is never, ever soft

• Advertisement

The preseason predictor had me down to finish 0-13 so I stuck it to them with a 5-7-1 and managed to avoid relegation. Still disappointing overall but that's the risk with having to auto draft.

Having to ride with Stafford at QB for much of the year didn't help either but I enjoy the strength of the league which means you can't just grab a quality free agent on a whim.

I like the flex option.

Advertisement