Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier Division Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

My team never looked great on paper but low profile guys like Woods, James White, TJ Yeldon stepped up consistently to make it into playoffs, despite leaving a lot of points behind me on the bench throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Dodge wrote: »
    Started the season 2-2 but went 7-2 the last 9 weeks (including losing by 0.2 after that crazy Chiefs Rams game led to Josh Reynolds going crazy against me)

Yeah I remember that, because it was against me. Only picked up Reynolds that week cause I lost Cooper Kupp to IR. Had given up hope of actually winning the matchup going into Monday night, but he came through. Was poor last week against the Lions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I made the playoffs again as 6th seed. Missed the draft so was dealing with what the auto-draft gave me, which was a strong WR corps. Ended up scoring the second most points in the league.

Checked the TNF score this morning, then logged into the fantasy site to make sure I wasn't up against Derrick Henry. Relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Heh, Derrick Henry is mine. What a hero :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Made playoffs for the second year, this year I got a bye. Almost totally down to Tod Gurley, in fairness - he has come up big every week for me. Number 1 pick paid off for once.

My main worry now is if the Rams decide to rest him for some of the last few games... :eek:

• Advertisement

Lost my divisional round match by 0.9 points. One of these years I'll win this thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Lost my divisional round match by 0.9 points. One of these years I'll win this thing!
    That was to me. You needed about 15 total from the 2 vikings receivers last night. I got away with one big time

No I have to scramble for any ol RB

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

A terrible year overall & its back to D1 for the Nastys. Dropping Derrick Henry just before he went off sums up my year as a whole .... so disappointing!!! Roll on next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Lost out to Stompers in the semi final, no shame in bowing out to the top scoring team all season.

Looks like I've won the Consolation after being the lowest seed heading into it, nice of my team to show up when it mattered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Congrats to Fisgon on winning the league this year, despite not having Gurley for the final match.
    Also nice to see that its the top scoring team winning it. Seems more deserving.

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Congrats to Fisgon on winning the league this year, despite not having Gurley for the final match.
    Also nice to see that its the top scoring team winning it. Seems more deserving.

Thanks. Was close in the end, just 2 pts between us: a good final, both scored over 100. I was worried when Gurley went down, as he had basically carried me all year, but luckily other guys stepped up (I reckon Eli McGuire, of all people, won it for me!.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, Please post in the below thread if you are playing this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992879

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK 2019:

The guys in bold are already in the league, the other 3 need to send me an email address to get an invite.

Prem1 Stompers fisgon
    Prem2 The Expendables radharc
    Prem3 Inchicore Warriors Dodge
    Prem4 Oh Look an Eagle Mr. Guappa
    Prem5 Slingtown Lions TimeOutguy
    Prem6 West Coast Coolers Xavi6
    Prem7 Havana Sand Paper Symposium El Horseboxo
    Prem8 Dak to the Future deccy15
    Prem9 Douglas Lions Lionbacker
    Prem10 Warfield Warriors TaosHum
    Prem11 Longford Patriots niall1811
    Prem12 Derick Henry Flex Gods Spongey1975
    Prem13 Sin City Slobberknockers Coeus
    Prem14 Dundalk Oriels Raoul
    Prem15 4thand Forever adrian522
    Prem16 LAmbmuncher6 Hanners

For the draft what days/times suit?

I'm thinking Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday(2nd-4th Sept) as options with 7pm 8pm and 9pm as the options with apologies to anyone based in the US, though I'm open to any other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Any of this evenings at 9pm is good for me, 7 or 8 will be tough with finishing work but I'll try make it work if it is at one of those times I really hate autodraft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Monday/Tuesday at 9/10 for me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TimeOutguy

Im good with any of the days or times I will take my lunch in work at whatever time we choose

I'll be autodrafting again, 9pm or anything around that is the middle of the night for me. Apologies in advance for the pick delays.

Reminder to fill out the survey for the draft time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    Reminder to fill out the survey for the draft time.

What's winning atm?

Tuesday @ 9pm, though all the 9pm slots are in play.

I voted for all of them at 9pm though Tuesday doesn't really suit me. Only four people haven't voted but Ill set the date tomorrow evening so people have a bit of notice.

I won't be voting because none of the times work for me, best leaving it to you guys rather than me skewing things with a random vote.

OK, in that case 2 people left to vote and Monday @ 9pm is leading by 1 vote.

I still have admin rights so I've just put in a placeholder draft date because I couldn't seem to find where to edit my pre-draft rankings while it was set as an offline draft. Can edit the rankings now alright.

OK, 14 have voted.

Monday 9pm - 12 Votes
    Tuesday 9pm 11 Votes
    Wednesday 9pm - 11 Votes.

Nothing else got more than 5 votes, as such I'm setting the draft for 9pm on Monday.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Apologies in advance if my first few rounds are slow on the draft, I'll only be getting home around 9:30 I'll be drafting on spotty data signal till then but I'll set some pre-ranked so I don't hold the show up till I get wifi...signal in the sticks gets spotty on the way

That was unpleasant. Internet was down so tried to draft in the phone.

Team is not too bad I guess.

I drafted on the phone for the first time - it was actually fine. Relatively happy with my team, though who really knows?

Nice fast draft too, well done to everyone, it was all done in an hour.

• Advertisement

Satisfied with my auto draft, lacking any depth at RB though and that'll probably hurt.

Advertisement