Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Wait a minute ..... I have Big Ben ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wait a minute ..... I have Big Ben ;-)

ha ha apologies, the pearls of been in more than 1 league ! Of course i meant Wilson or Kirk Cousins !!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Looking to add a QB to my team, have Flacco and willing to include him in a trade along with Mike Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sitting at 0-7, I decided to bring in a highly touted Jaguar receiver as my existing WRs have been utter sh1te so far this season.

Woke up to the news that Bortles had thrown for 300+ yards and 3 TDs, giving me hope that things might actually work out for me this week. Checked the scores - Marquis Lee got 0.1 points..not 1 point, 0.1 points :mad:

0-8 here I come :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

How has no one else vetoed Tyrod and Watkins for Flacco and Evans. Evans alone is worth more than that. No one knows if Watkins will even be activated off IR. Even posted that trade up on reddit for more opinions and about all 20 replies said veto that shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I vetoed it as well.

Joke of a trade. Watkins broke his foot in the off season and got a screw in it. And then had to be put on IR due to the pain of it. We all know how foot injuries are for players. Yeah he's out of the boot but still weeks away and no guarantee there's no set backs. Whereas Evans is pretty much guaranteed top 5 WR. On course for over 1000 yards and double digit TDs. I'd see Flacco for Tyrod as a pretty even trade. Tyrod with the rushing slowly edging it. But it's basically a top 5 WR for someone still weeks away who I wouldn't hold much hope for if they can come back and stay on the field. Not to mention the Buccs having one of the easiest schedules coming up and the Evans receiver having a 5-2 record while the other guy has a losing record.

Something ain't right about that trade and should be looked into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I am pretty down on Flacco at this point and needed to do something to improve the QB situation. I was dumping him one way or the other, for me Taylors rushing trumps Flacco (he just scored 18 points against the Pats) so was happy to get him. Gave up a bit in Evans obviously but I am very deep at WR and have Donte Moncrief coming back so happy enough with it.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I am pretty down on Flacco at this point and needed to do something to improve the QB situation. I was dumping him one way or the other, for me Taylors rushing trumps Flacco (he just scored 18 points against the Pats) so was happy to get him. Gave up a bit in Evans obviously but I am very deep at WR and have Donte Moncrief coming back so happy enough with it.

Very deep at WR does not mean having a few wide receivers. Maclin who has been more like a WR3 this year and had injury problems in recent weeks. Moncrief has been out most of the season injured. Diggs is in a horrible offense that has largely depended on defense. A WR2 with some upside. The rest are just fliers you'd drop and add each week.

And then today you don't even bother to change your bye players.

I won't be there come the playoffs but I'd be seriously pissed if I was someone with a good record. You made an already stacked team infinitely better. Something is off about that trade. Watkins is still weeks away and with your record it's not like you're thinking ahead for the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Trade does look off, difference between flacco and Taylor is quite small especially compared to one of the best fantasy receivers and a player on IR.

Anyway, if anyone needs receiver help let me know. Looking for a decent RB, Dez Alshson and Pryor all available

• Advertisement

The Boards D1 league champion 2016 is Lambmuncher5

2nd place -
    Warfield Warriors

3rd place -
    Donottar Dare Devils

4th place -
    The Nastys

I believe all four have gained promotion to the premier division!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Well done all, good league this year

The D1 league has been re-activated. A new GM will now be required...
    "The Boards D1 league champion 2016 is Lambmuncher5

2nd place -
    Warfield Warriors

3rd place -
    Donottar Dare Devils

4th place -
    The Nastys

I believe all four have gained promotion to the premier division!!!!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

If you want to play fantasy again this season please post in the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057762109

The final standings for Div 1 (see attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Well folks, is there someone on duty to set league up? Got promoted to div 1 this year

jester1980 wrote: »
    Well folks, is there someone on duty to set league up? Got promoted to div 1 this year
    In the process of transferring the running of the league to Eagle Eye..... once he's in charge, invites for the newly promoted teams will be sent out & an auction date decided upon. I'm off to the Prem league 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭niall1811

I'm guessing once the league is reactivated those of us that were in it last year are automatically in?

Yep ... those that were in D1 last season and have expressed an interest in playing again in the Fantasy Football 2017 thread will remain in the league. Four teams from D1 have been promoted to the Prem league and four from D1 have been relegated. They will be replaced by four relegated teams from the Prem League and four promoted teams from D2. There a team list for each division in the main Fantasy Football 2017 thread. Once Eagle Eye joins, I'll be handing over the reins to him and exiting stage left .... I hear he runs a tight ship. Best of luck in the upcoming season ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Please select the dates and times that suit you for the draft. Thanks to Adrian522 for this btw, I am hopeless at setting up polls.

https://doodle.com/poll/tgyvrxy8vvewzeeg

• Advertisement

We are missing a team for the league. Can whoever hasn't got an invite or joined up please pm me. I just want to make sure we are all set to go.

I have updated the league fixtures and we have a good few that have voted on the poll already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i PM'd you my email address Eagle but still havnt received an invite so it could be me.

kev_s88 wrote:
    i PM'd you my email address Eagle but still havnt received an invite so it could be me.

I've sent you two invites, check your spam.

aaaaand im in

Excellent, all teams owners signed up and the schedule is done too. Just need to sort out the draft now. We've had a few votes already and I'll leave it open until Sunday night at 11.59pm. I'll put up the draft date then and we'll all have loads of time to prepare.

Draft is set up for 9.30pm Irish time(4.30pm edt) on Wednesday 6th September as per the results of the poll.

thanks for organising, Eagle

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

I thought when you got promoted the competition was supposed to get harder, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I had hoped to go straight back up to premier division this year, but losing the first 6 games in a row meant that was an impossibility. I have no idea how I have managed to stay up and make it into the consolation bracket semi finals when my first 5 picks have all under performed.

• Advertisement

I hear ya Trippie. I had at least hoped to be competitive, if not make a push at going straight back up. But just like you, poor performances from the early draft picks really did just mess up the season.

Started 1-5 and honestly just happy to not get relegated by the end of the season.

Congrats to all who made the playoffs :)

Advertisement