Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

Hi guys, unfortunately, I had career defining interviews on Tuesday so I had to prioritise. I'll still try to do the best I can with my team. Haven't even looked at it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Michael Bush & Mike Wallace on the trading block, willing to listen to offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Trippie wrote: »
    Michael Bush & Mike Wallace on the trading block, willing to listen to offers

Made you an offer.

Made you an offer.

I´d need to get a backup rb like morris in with it not a WR as set there, if we can maybe find another team interested in a trade for WR then might work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

well a win to start the season albeit with a bad score. Got lucky with the draw this week and thought I was a gonner until Baltimore's Defence and Boldin put up over 30 points for me last night.

With all 4 teams in confrence 4 winning important to keep pace already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Great when you make all the right decisions. My second win of the season.

Have 127 points and Tamme and the broncos D still to go. Delighted with picking up Reggie Bush in the second round.

Was projected to get over 100, forte, murray and dez have been disappointing. 20 ahead with him having two left to play. a win here is huge

I got hammered last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I got hammered last night.

Who were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

The loss of Fred Jackson and lack of production from brandon marshall makes it look like I'm set for a loss. Unless Decker can grab 2 TD's tonight.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Who were you?

Leitrim Gaels

need 5.01 points from the packers D to pick up the win this week

Won to go 2-1

Good to bounce back from an awful week last week. Jamal Charles finally clicking for me the way I know he can.

Trade accepted with Mehtastic aswell so my recieving corps will be strengthened. Still not overly strong on paper but Hawkins thus far has been a great FA pickup and with Colston and Flyod it should hopefully click,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Couldn't change my team for last nights games, lost my double scores :(

need 5.01 points from the packers D to pick up the win this week

one sack, fumble recovery or int, just one time please

complete and utter bullsh1t, should of won, now lose. sigh

Kev theres something wrong in our league settings btw.

Every year ties in standings is decided by points scored but looking at the standings it appears its sorting by points differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

D3PO wrote: »

Every year ties in standings is decided by points scored but looking at the standings it appears its sorting by points differential.
    Yeah just noticed this too. I was coming here to post about it. I don't think its sorting by differential either, I don't know what its doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

D3PO wrote: »

I checked the Prem Settings and the option for standings tie breaker is down as the NFL.com default as Head to Head.

Edit: To add that seems to be the only option indicating position in standing and ties.

Settings posted here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056742341

Improved to 2-1 this week but my team needs a lot of work. Fred Jackson back this week would be a nice start.

• Advertisement

I didn't change a thing on the settings. It's whatever it was last year.

I didn't change a thing on the settings. It's whatever it was last year.

Not saying you did mate but defo not the same. I know painfully as somebody that missed the playoffs last year on points scored :cool:

Its not a big deal anyway I guess just something I noticed, once everybody is aware of it.

I don't mind changing it to whatever it's supposed to be. How would it have changed though? Do settings reset or anything?

Trade has gone through anyway with me getting the better of it I think. I really thought freeman was going to have a break out season this year so the chance to trade my 4th WR behind Kenny Britt and a running back in dwyer that wont see any gametime for an upgrade at QB and handcuff in Battle means I should be in a stronger position for this year.

Unless Jason Witten goes nuts tomorrow night I should be back to .500 :)

Trade has gone through anyway with me getting the better of it I think. I really thought freeman was going to have a break out season this year so the chance to trade my 4th WR behind Kenny Britt and a running back in dwyer that wont see any gametime for an upgrade at QB and handcuff in Battle means I should be in a stronger position for this year.

Only time will tell who gets the better of that trade. The Dwyer thing was a complete long shot wanted to hope he put in a serious week before mendehall and redmon got going and rob playing time didnt work cest la vie.

That said My recieving corps is better now and and we both got rid of bench players for starters so works for both of us TBH.

One week in neither Palmer or Floyd did anything, So neither of us can afford to be too smug. :)

That said Im now 3-1 and have the top score for the week having had the second top score in the league last week so Im not overly upset with how things are going thus far.

Improved to 2-2 and now on top in my division, very lucky :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Somehow find myself at 4-0 despite making a bit of a mess of the draft. Managed to pick up David Akers and Josh Freeman off waivers this week, which I'm very happy about.

Team is starting to take a bit of shape with Hartline doing very well, hopefully Jordy nelson starts producing a bit as well...

guys the way of working out ties is confusing the hell out of me.

Can anybody explain what the hell is going on as Id like to at least know how it works.

Im bottom of the 4th division and we all have identical 3-1 records

I havent the lowest points scored (so cant be that)
    I havent the lowest points differential (so cant be that)
    I havent the lowest head to head record (so cant be that)

It has me totally confused and I really want to know what is the tie breaker.

Dillion panters "lead" the division yet have the worst points scored and worst head to head in the division I cant understand whats going on at all, but given theres a high probability at least one tie will happen across the league for playoff sports / seeding etc I think we need to figure out whats going on.

• Advertisement

I've the lowest points scored in that division and I'm top. Really confusing.

Advertisement