Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 New Development roles in Melbourne

Options
  • 20-10-2011 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

MODS - I hope this is not against the Forum charter I am only trying to help out my fellow Boardsies/Kins folk

Hello all,

Okay, here's the deal. I am currently working with a NZ based company who have a small enough set up in Melbourne (15). They currently have a team of 3 Developers and are looking to increase their headcount to 5.

At this stage they have had no success in finding the right people. They are willing to pay up to $60k - $70k Package and at this stage may consider sponsorship.

Before I continue, I am sorry but don't take this as an open invitation to PM me unless you have PR. With the exception of the below, all my Sydney based roles require this. I generally don't recruit in Melbourne. Also if you are not based in Australia I cannot help you..sorry

Details on the role below:

Systems Developer (Ruby on Rails, GNU/Linux, MySQL)

Your Tasks
    You will work as a key member of the team and contribute in a variety of ways:
    • Design and develop enhancements and fixes
    • Respond to incidents
    • Monitor system performance
    • Provide estimates
    • Perform system testing for in-house and 3rd party systems
    • Deploy changes to test and production environments
    • Interact with internal and external users in person, on the phone and by email
    • Maintain documentation

Ideally, you will bring a combination of the following to the role:
    • A tertiary qualification in an IT-related subject
    • Practical experience with Ruby (not essential but some knowledge will help)
    • Linux or Unix skills
    • Enthusiasm for a career in software development and its full operational life cycle

So, if you read between the lines, they will look at Graduates with some kind of Dev experience and are keen to secure a role with long term prospects with a steep learning curve.

If this sounds like you or if you know anyone who might be suitable, please PM for my email address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I see this thread lasting no more than 4-5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod I'll let it pass, as the user is a regular here, but so to be clear he is a recruitment agent, just wanted to clarify this. Also I'm confused - they say they may consider sponsorship, but only PR's can PM you? Maybe I read that the wrong way.
    If someone with good skills on a WHV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Diddler82 wrote: »
    They are willing to pay up to $60k - $70k Package and at this stage may consider sponsorship.

Before I continue, I am sorry but don't take this as an open invitation to PM me unless you have PR. With the exception of the below, all my Sydney based roles require this. I generally don't recruit in Melbourne. Also if you are not based in Australia I cannot help you..sorry

Why would you need sponsorship if you have PR:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

What I read from it is that the roles in Sydney need PR but the one in Melbourne don't thats where the sponcership may come in.

The whole PM thing i would say is that they dont want everyone pm them about jobs unless they're already n Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why would you need sponsorship if you have PR:confused:
    I took it that he means don't PM him asking about other jobs, as all the roles he deals with in Sydney require PR as a given, the two Melbourne jobs are an exception.
    Also, don't PM if you aren't alreadys based in Australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Mellor wrote: »
    I took it that he means don't PM him asking about other jobs, as all the roles he deals with in Sydney require PR as a given, the two Melbourne jobs are an exception.
    Also, don't PM if you aren't alreadys based in Australia

Ok, i miss read it:rolleyes:, anyway i have no interest in any of them roles, firstly i have no qualifications in them positions and i do not reside in oz, not yet anyway;)

Advertisement