Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Got an A+ draft grade from NFL.com. They are projecting a 12-1 season and projected finish of 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Got a nice D+ grade, 0-13 record and projected to finish last!

Having to autodraft the first 3 rounds and getting three WRs has kinda screwed me, but I think I'll be fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

3-10 projected!

Similarly autodrafted the first three rounds. Ah well, I manage to screw it up no matter how well I draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

4-9 projected :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Projected to finish in 11th with a 6-7 record.

Last year they predicted I'd go 12-1. I avoided relegation on the last day :pac:

• Advertisement

So, for the 2nd time in 3 seasons my 1st Round pick hasn't made it through Week 1!

David Johnson in 2017 and Tyreek Hill now :eek:

Think I'll trade out of the 1st round from now on :pac:

Lost by 5 points, so start 0-1 for the fifth year in a row - I'm the Cleveland Browns of Boards Fantasy Football :pac:

0-2 now.

My entire team (including QB) were involved in exactly one TD :rolleyes:

0-3.

The late swap of Philip Lindsay to John Ross killed me (24.8 point swing). Mind you, scoring 106 points and losing to a team that had scored 116 points COMBINED before yesterday sums up my season.

Rant time: I hate that we start with 3 straight division games. Having gone 0-3 I'm effectively 4 games back in the division (i'd never win a tie breaker). I'm essentially out of the playoff hunt.

The next 10 weeks are all about trying not to get relegated, which sucks a lot of the fun out of it to be honest.

We should finish with the 3 division games, but the first set should be staggered. Maybe weeks 1,4 and 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Why was this the week Mike Evans decided to wake up...

• Advertisement

I think its fair to say that I'm not having the best of luck.

Lost my no 1 pick in Week 1 (Tyreek Hill) and I'm now 0-3 despite having scored the 5th most points. I've 'conceded' the most points of any team so far, something I obviously can't control. I'd have beaten 11 of the other 15 teams this week.

Hopefully things turn soon or Division 3 beckons!

Benimar wrote: »
    0-3.

The late swap of Philip Lindsay to John Ross killed me (24.8 point swing). Mind you, scoring 106 points and losing to a team that had scored 116 points COMBINED before yesterday sums up my season.

I was pretty sure that scoring 106 points combined over two weeks was going to sum up my season!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Damn Thursday games....
    Brought in Jimmy Graham to cover my TE this week, didn't get to login between the waiver claim and the Thursday game, he contributed 12 pts to my bench!

2-2 despite having absolutely no running backs...

Well I lie. I had Jordan Howard and dumped him to keep Sanders so I'm rolling with Sanders and Gore :D

This is what happens when autodraft gives you your first RB in round 5.

Really surprised to be sat at #1 after 4 weeks.

Going to enjoy it now, cause it's downhill from here....

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I was pretty sure that scoring 106 points combined over two weeks was going to sum up my season!

Regularly scheduled programming has resumed :rolleyes:

BizzyC wrote: »
    Really surprised to be sat at #1 after 4 weeks.

Going to enjoy it now, cause it's downhill from here....

I'm glad I took my time to enjoy sitting in first place..... as predicted it did not last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Number 1! Number 1! Number 1!

:D week 5 was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

lost against 172 points!? Is that even possible in a 16 team league!?

Beaten by one point :mad:

I went 13-2 against all teams, but happened to be playing one of the two!

I'm getting killed on matchups. I'm 3-7 (and almost certainly relegated) but I'd be 88-62 in overall Won-Lost, and be 5th in the league.

Sickened.

• Advertisement

RomaSuck Raiders needs to be booted out if the league. Players on a bye or inactive in his team for the last four weeks at least. Multiple players some weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'm getting killed on matchups. I'm 3-7 (and almost certainly relegated) but I'd be 88-62 in overall Won-Lost, and be 5th in the league.

Sickened.

Ah no one ever gets relegated, there's always drop outs

Sickened.

Went 12-3 this week and lost again!!

Thats the 3rd time I've scored 100+ points and lost.

I'd be 4th in overall (108-72), but need to win next week and hope, in order to stay up.

Big week this week.
    From what I can see, my matchup with Pillow Fighters is the only clear one where the winner makes playoffs and loser doesn't.

Still some intrigue for the 2 wildcard spots, a win for Balbriggan (8-4) gets them through or a loss will put them in a likely 3-way tie break against either Hello Simey (8-4) or Foxboro Legends (8-4), and a probably 8-5 Irish Colts (7-5)....

Relegated :(

Well that's it... Pillow Fighters with a strong showing this week to hit the playoffs.

Looks like the wildcards are wrapped up by Foxboro Legends and Balbriggan too.

Good luck in the playoffs all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

That was an exciting finish to squeak into the play-offs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

BizzyC wrote: »
    Well that's it... Pillow Fighters with a strong showing this week to hit the playoffs.

Looks like the wildcards are wrapped up by Foxboro Legends and Balbriggan too.

Good luck in the playoffs all!
    Guess you had the tie breaks wrong, looks like it was Irish Colts and Foxboro Legends who got in. That's two leagues this year where I rode the bubble all the way and then dropped out of playoffs at the last minute

Scraping into 12th place :cool:

• Advertisement

Need a big night from the Saints D, if they go like last week I'm out.

Advertisement