Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lost my dynasty semi so didn't look at fantasy after 9pm games... i got to final by .4 points, wow. Hard luck EE

Picked up fitzmagic and colts of waivers for my final matchup. They combined for 60 points, ridiculous!! Up by 23 going into tonight but fully expect a points adjustment mid week for one of fitzys td's. Simey has thielen to go and if fully fit is def an achievable ceiling for him.

*Victory dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Guffy wrote: »
    *Victory dance*

Well done, that 30 points from the Colts defense was something else!

Delighted to have even reached the final after accidentally autodrafting 3 WRs in the first 3 rounds and my prediction being 0-16! Lamar Jackson and Austin Ekeler carried me an awful lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Reminder to post on the below thread if you want to play again this season:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058091860

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bumping up to div 2 from div 3

Howdy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Any word on the draft date time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'll send out a poll tomorrow

Poll here:

https://doodle.com/poll/z54arviw3pk6m4u5

Please indicate with your boards name or team name. Was gonna send the poll by PM but the new rules make that impossible!

Hey folks - we're still waiting on Raphael and Realt Dearg Sec to join up. Looks like the draft will be either Sunday at 9IST or Tuesday at 9IST. I'll wait another day or two to see if a winner emerges and if they're still drawn I'll pick whichever one is most convenient for myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My bad for holding things up, folks, missed the PM from Podge and kinda just assumed it would just be the same league as last year. Am in now.

No worries

Ok folks, Sunday at 9pm IST looks like the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Is it tonight this is happening? Has the draft order been decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

phatkev wrote: »
    Is it tonight this is happening? Has the draft order been decided?

Yes tonight at 9pm.

Not sure on draft order. Think we can only see it 30 minutes in advance but not 100% on that.

Yes its tonight.

Draft order is only finalised 30 min before you draft - basically you'll see it when you join the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Will probably be a few mins late to the draft. Will stick it on auto till I'm ready though.

Probably do better that way anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

SK1979 wrote: »
    Will probably be a few mins late to the draft. Will stick it on auto till I'm ready though.

Probably do better that way anyway. :)

I accidentally voted for this time but I'm actually out with family for the day, disaster, forgot to set auto draft preferences. Probably end up with a savage kicker and several savage back ups

Cheers lads, great to get the draft done in under an hour, rapid speed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

phatkev wrote: »
    Cheers lads, great to get the draft done in under an hour, rapid speed :)

Yeah it tipped along nicely although I was nearly caught out a few times with the shortness of time to pick. Patrick Mahomes better ball out this season.

Well nfl.com gave itself an A+ for my draft, which was a pretty generous appraisal.

• Advertisement

I got a D grade and my projected record is 0-13 but given the grade it gave me last year and it wasn’t related to how I actually ended up I won’t be putting much stock in it.

A Grade, 12-1 projected record and 1st place.

All downhill from here folks.

I'd actually love to know how it comes up with this nonsense. A quick look at projected points (idiotic as they are) has me losing the first 4 weeks!

I felt I needed to say this before I clock off for the night. I’m sure I’m not the only person on the AF forum who this off season has checked out a bit(compared to normal years) because honestly the NFL wasn’t our main focus(and rightly so I think) with COVID-19 but for the first time in a while doing the draft tonight kind of reignited the season and so thanks to Adrian and podge IRL for all the organisation to get the divisions going again.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I felt I needed to say this before I clock off for the night. I’m sure I’m not the only person on the AF forum who this off season has checked out a bit(compared to normal years) because honestly the NFL wasn’t our main focus(and rightly so I think) with COVID-19 but for the first time in a while doing the draft tonight kind of reignited the season and so thanks to Adrian and podge IRL for all the organisation to get the divisions going again.

Definitely feel the same way. You'd normally be buzzing in the run up to the new season, reading up on training camp with your team and all that. This year there's been none of the usual buzz at all. It's not just the lack of preseason, since most people don't even watch that. I think part of it is that for a lot of people there's a sense that the season might not ever really take off at all, or that it might end up being so wrecked by Covid that there'll be an asterisk beside it even if they do manage to finish it.

Also watching other sports here over the summer I've still never gotten used to the empty stadiums. I think without crowds it's just not the same.

That all being said, I agree with you, it's starting to rev up now alright, looking forward to next weekend and having the games on of a Sunday. With the hurling starting late this year I am going to be enemy number 1 with the wife for being stuck to the tv on Sundays from 8 in the morning until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Anyone remind me. Did we go to 0.5 ppr this year or stay the same? Genuinely can't remember

Full PPR and I somehow managed to screw up the settings. I have fixed it now, so you may see your scores adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Josh Jacobs has killed me. Looking like I’m starting 0-1...for the 7th year in a row!

Benimar wrote: »
    Josh Jacobs has killed me. Looking like I’m starting 0-1...for the 7th year in a row!

I'm my own worse enemy this week, starting WRs have got 25 points between them and this is what I have sitting on the bench:(
    bqLNqFs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I had a god awful start.

Thomas is injured...
    Kerryon Johnson has been sent to the shadow realm to make way for AP...
    Ingram has gone from #1 to a 1-in-4 rotation...

This may be the first year I get relegated....

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    I had a god awful start.

Thomas is injured...
    Kerryon Johnson has been sent to the shadow realm to make way for AP...
    Ingram has gone from #1 to a 1-in-4 rotation...

This may be the first year I get relegated....

Don't think AP will be able to keep that rate of production going all season, johnson will be back in the driving seat eventually. I dunno if anyone ever gets relegated in the end. There's always enough non returning people to keep you going. Kept me up one year at division 3.

I won this week despite forgetting to set my line up and leaving in an inactive player. But I would have lost to every single other team in the league. That's the kind of thing that karma always gets you back for.

Advertisement