Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kittle injured ffs!

So my 2017 1st pick David Johnson gets injured opening day, misses season. My 2018 1st pick OBJ managed to last 4 weeks. My 2019 1st round pick Tyreek Hill gets injured opening day and misses 6 weeks.

I suppose at least it’s only my 2nd round pick this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I've had a good start, loaded at WR, two serviceable TE and two very good RBs. My concern is RB. Other than Kamara and Hunt, I've nothing. Really need to find something good on waivers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

My season is only getting worse and worse...

Thomas down, my most reliable RB is Frank Gore...
    I'm by far the worst scoring team in the league, for the first time my team name will be a lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

An unsurprising defeat this week. I had 3 players inactive through injury and lost 2 more to injury before half time in their games.

Add in that Joe Mixon is looking like another 1st round disaster for me, and I need lads to get healthy soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone know what the story is with the Steelers Titans game being moved? So, if I play a Steelers player, but the game is played some other week, do I get those points for this week later when that game finally gets played? Or would those points go towards the week in which the game is actually played? The website lists the game time as TBD, rather than listing them as being on a bye week. Not sure what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm assuming that now that it is moved to later in the season that this week will essentially be a bye for PIT and TEN.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that now that it is moved to later in the season that this week will essentially be a bye for PIT and TEN.

Yeah that's what I feared. Sound for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, there is a notice gone up on the website there now.

PIT/TEN is being postponed to later this season. Players involved will have a bye this week and will not accrue points for Week 4. More details will be available after the game is rescheduled.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Are we supposed to have COVID reserve slots?

Forgot to change Carson for Jet when Carson was ruled out...squeaky bum time now.

• Advertisement

Dissapointing outing last night. Golladay left the game without a catch and Snell Jr of the Steelers who was only picked up as a bye week fill-in because of his goalline work did nothing. 3 points from the Kicker, 3 points from the DST.

Won't be leaving Darnell Mooney on the bench anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

So just 3 weeks of the regular season left right?
    D4 is the NFC East. 3 teams on 5-5, so a really close battle.

So just 3 weeks of the regular season left right?
    D4 is the NFC East. 3 teams on 5-5, so a really close battle.

I'm livid to be bottom of that division. Totally forgot to put Ben in instead of that gowl Carson Wentz, meanwhile they list Alshon Jeffrey as active and he does absolutely zero (easily the worst draft pick up I had this year, one of those lads who you can't really drop because he might do something eventually). Would have won otherwise after a few weeks of bye-week hell. Nothing worse than leaving a win on the bench.

Going to be a lot of teams finishing up on 7-5.

Balbriggan, BlessU and Cousin Vinny should all finish up top of their divisions and go through. Division 4 is very spicy, 3 teams due to finish 7-5.
    The tiebreaker for the Boards leagues is "Points For" so that should be RomaSuck joining them.

Then you come to the two wildcard spots. Assuming JK Dobbins doesn't outscore Ezekial Elliot by more than 23 points I'll be ending up on 7-5, along with Dingle Dogs, Longford Crusaders, Wrath of Saquon, Converse, and Walnut.

Figures based off of the current totals, and the current gameweek.

Dingle - 1538.92
    Super Troopers - 1490.46 and 1 to play.
    Longford - 1505.46
    Wrath - 1507.32
    Converse - 1465.7
    Walnut - 1474.04

Assuming no major points corrections it would finish up with Dingle in 5th and Wrath in 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Been a competitive league and thankfully not too many instances (that icould see) of people starting players on bye etc

I was snagged in another league with 2 Covid benches that i hadnt expected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I've had a terrible season! I played one week against someone with 2 starters on their bye and still managed to lose

phatkev wrote: »
    I've had a terrible season! I played one week against someone with 2 starters on their bye and still managed to lose

I had a great start then fell to pieces, really could have won last week but made a hames of it and lost the gra for it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

The nfl season. You live for it all summer and look forward to it and promise you will watch every waking minute and fully commit to fantasy leagues and 'this year I'll research and offer trades etc'

Then by week 5... First 20 mins of redzone... Tune into the witching hour and catch your own teams 15 mins highlights on YouTube...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Missed out by 1.9 points on 6th. Ouch. :(

Really didn't think Nick Chubb stepping out of bounds on the 2 yard line in Week 10 would come back to bite me this much. :pac:

Was really struggling with byes and injuries this week.
    Herbert finally crashing to earth due to the Chargers incompetence and Gibson's injury after a couple of plays were the final nails.

What were people's thoughts on the PPR element? I finished no 1 seed, but I'm not a fan. Really takes away the need to dumpster dive for a WR and hope they score a couple of points, which can win a game. For me, a 16 team league is all about the deep waivers come mid-late season and trying to snag the next breakout star. This year, other than losing one or two players to injury, I have hardly adjusted my team

• Advertisement

Playoffs sabotaged by my one year old. Picked up Hurts, couldn't have been happier and baby threw up all over the couch. Forgot to make my changes, Raiders game started and realised I hadn't made my changes. What a way to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

God damn you Josh Allen...

Congrats Balbriggan Buccaners on the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not gonna lie, when I was looking at where that was on Monday night, I assumed I had no chance and didn't even check until today.

Thanks for a fun season all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sign up for 2021 is now open, please post in the below thread by August Bank Holiday if you want to play again this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058198174

Div2 1 Pillow Fighters @Tristram

Div2 2 Langley falls bazooka sharks @Realalemadrid

Div2 3 dingle dogs @BKWDR

Div2 4 my cousin vince @SK1979

Div2 5 walnut wanderers @Benimar

Div2 6 converse nostars @Smcglan

Div2 7 longford crusaders @LightningBlue

Div2 8 supertroopers FC davetherave

Div2 9 bortles bus @Podge_irl

Div2 10 dunboyne dragons @aferru

Div2 11 Jimmy Gar-ow-my-knee @Foxtrol

Div2 12 sherpa lover @sherpalover

Div2 13 coonagh tunas @Jofspring

Div2 14 cork eagles @Itssoeasy

Div2 15 phat boys @phatkev

Div2 16 terenure red stars @Realt Dearg Sec

This is us for the coming season. I said I'd do GM this year to give Podge a break. I'll send on a link to anyone new shortly once Podge has a chance to transfer control.

Re the draft, the first regular season game is the Thursday night game on the 10-SEPT. The last preseason game is the weekend of 28/29-AUG, and final roster cuts are on 9pm Irish Time on 31-AUG. Strawpoll link below with dates/times for people to pick their availability, and majority rules. I've done 7,8,9, and 10pm from Thursday 2-SEPT to Monday 6-Sept to allow a good range but happy to add other times if needed. - https://strawpoll.com/rybbxywdc

Div2 2 Langley falls bazooka sharks @Realalemadrid

Div2 9 bortles bus @Podge_irl

Div2 12 sherpa lover @sherpalover

Div2 13 coonagh tunas @Jofspring

Div2 14 cork eagles @Itssoeasy

Still waiting on three out of you five to join. Two of you have changed your team names since last year so I don't know who is behind Kittles taste the Rainbow, and Green Day Packers, so apologies for tagging you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What is your team name this year? There's no Cork Eagles listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sorry I just checked and I must not have clicked submit because on my phone I doubled checked and my team name was there and there was one gap so I assumed everything was as last year and I was in the league. I THINK it’s fixed now but if not let me know. It might be an idea to make people do it on the desktop version and not the app because the app lead me to believe I was in this year.

Advertisement