Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, all good now. Just waiting on @Realalemadrid now although he ain't logged in or posted in a month. Have sent him off another message anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Only seeing this now. I'm in as Green Day Packers. Had actually forgot I was usually Coonagh Tunas in the boards league.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Sorry all - offline for a bit. Back now and all in I see. GL and thanks to @davetherave

That's everybody, and everyone has had a good chance to vote on the draft time if they wished to do so. Monday the 6th of Sept at 9pm.

Sorry RDS, you are the one person who said that time wouldn't suit, but majority rules and we'd be here until the Lions losing on Thanksgiving if we were to get a date and time to suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A good draft but the layout of the fantasy football app was initially confusing and seeing as how I was the first overall pick it didn’t help but as I said the draft itself ran very well. I need a new kicker because the saints put their K will Lutz on IR after I drafted him.

Make sure you're not caught out by the earlier start today with daylight savings and all that.

After some rubbish seasons of fantasy football I’m happy it’s good that I’ve had a much better season this year.

I had to miss the draft so was a little less invested, and annoyingly Fitbit to set my line up once or twice and cost myself game or two. But I definitely did better than last year. Looking good this week because Travis Kelce got 41 points the other night...

Cooper Kupp with the clutch plays, Stafford helped as well I suppose but I was sure I was going out of the playoffs yesterday.

• Advertisement

Well I as CorkEagles finished third which given how banged up my team was entering the playoffs I’m shocked I got that far. Very competitive league this year with the final four being the top four seeded teams at the end of the regular season with one win or loss moving you up or down more than one place.

Bit of an up and down year for me, finished weak but managed to get to tenth in the consolation playoff so I won't get relegated anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Good year lads. Congrats to Longford Crusaders and thanks to the Commish @davetherave .

Finished in 6th - missed the draft and drafted 15th so was happy with that - was lucky enough really I bumped into one or two underperforming franchise's in the middle there. Solid enough myself.

See ye in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

What up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

We setting a draft time @Chestylerue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Isn't next Tue at 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Any chance of any other day than next Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

It hasn’t been, so I assume this is just the date the website put on it and it can be changed? I hope so anyway, as I’ve done Zero prep!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Same - would prefer to have a week more or so before draft

• Advertisement

Any clarity on this lads? Its getting close to Tuesday. I vote we kick it to the following Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

There is a poll up in the league itself, think you have to access it thru a browser doesn’t show in app

Thanks.

This poll is only open till later today so hopefully people see this and vote before then. Only 5 have voted so far, and one option is to draft this Tuesday, which I think is nuts tbh. Most of us haven't even looked at prepping yet.

The latest option is also Monday week. I'm ok with that but think Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th should have been given as options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Sorry lads, only seeing these posts now. Looks like draft is set for Monday at 8:00pm.

That right ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

So - how was the draft lads?!

First game of the season tonight - remember to review your starting lineups! 😅

Best of luck on the season to you all.

I forgot about the draft for about the fourth year running, it's always on when I'm at work. Sure we'll see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Ye best of luck lads. Was at the draft but had a mare! :-)

Gonna have to praise the autodraft gods for Amon Ra

I think there is a problem with the fixtures. I'm (almost) certain the the divisional games are meant to be the first 3 weeks and the last 3 weeks.

They seem to be scheduled across the first 6 weeks in our league. I'm not sure if they can be changed now, but playing 6 division games to start will knock some teams out of contention (due to tiebreakers etc) very early in the season.

• Advertisement

Advertisement