Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

5-3 record with a team I didn't draft as I was in America for the draft and feel very lucky. However injuries last week have ravaged my team so can't see the winning record extending. If anyone is looking for a trade with Witty Tanks let me know as I'm extremely weak at RB but have some WRs that might be of value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

RG3PO rob the win last night by 0.1 pts after s monster game from Langford. I'm lucky...

I'm also on the lookout for receivers, and have an rb or two I'd be willing to trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone need a QB? Have Derek Carr to trade.

Looking for RB help now that my No 1 pick Lacy has lost his starting role :(

Playoffs Baby :D

Division won, and I *think* a first round bye secured, if my understanding of the tiebreak rules is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

my fantasy life hangs in the balance tonight. A win and I go to the last week with my destiny in my own hands, a loss and I'm done.

101.68 v 101.82 Bray Broncos currently .14 points behind. I have Kamar Aiken while the Godfavre has Javorius Allen......two heavyweights slugging it out on MNF tonight! Who would've thought it would come down to this.

• Advertisement

poldebruin wrote: »
    my fantasy life hangs in the balance tonight. A win and I go to the last week with my destiny in my own hands, a loss and I'm done.

101.68 v 101.82 Bray Broncos currently .14 points behind. I have Kamar Aiken while the Godfavre has Javorius Allen......two heavyweights slugging it out on MNF tonight! Who would've thought it would come down to this.

Are you definitely out? You win and RG3PO loses and you are tied. 1-1 head to head and 3-3 in division...whats the next tiebreaker?

Admittedly you need help from other teams as well as there are a few 7-5 teams about.

Promotion, a 1st round bye and 'home field advantage (:p) secured :D

Thank you Tom Brady and Justin Tucker. I was 26+ points behind at 1am sunday night with just those two to play and Panda Bears still had the Broncos D. Brady reduced the deficit to 8.6 points and Tucker was nice enough to get me the required 9 points.

Imagine how sick I'd have been had I needed the Ravens to kick the PAT after the last TD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Snuck into the playoffs with a few results falling my way in the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Snuck into the playoffs with a few results falling my way in the last week.
    I thought they might need a supercomputer to separate all the teams on 7-6. Unfortunately I was ranked 7th of the 7 teams but was happy to finish the season strong...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Reminder, post in the below thread if you want to play Fantasy Football this year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Ok lads, we're just waiting on people to add themselves to the Division 2 group before we kick off sorting out a draft time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Right, I'll be up here now...

Who's the league GM?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Johnny_Fontane is the Division 2 GM.

My brief stint in the lofty heights of division 1 was short lived indeed, and I find myself in the familiar environs of Division 2 again. This year I intend to achieve promotion, not by the vagaries of Boards members forgetting to sign up, but by hard work on the field and winning the D2 Super Bowl. Merely winning the division or reaching the playoffs will be considered a failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Ok lads, we're just waiting on people to add themselves to the Division 2 group before we kick off sorting out a draft time.
    Just joined there (as Suhplex City) and I was team 16 so it looks like everyone is in...

Coeus wrote: »
    Just joined there (as Suhplex City) and I was team 16 so it looks like everyone is in...

nope, just waiting on therb to send me his email, so I can invite him to slot.

We'll sort out the draft date once he comes back

lads, still havent heard from 'therb' in relation to them joining our league. Does anyone know them from last year. Have pm'ed a few times, but looks like they are not online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Pretty sure I played him in the final last year. Was very active etc so surprised he's not responding.

could be on holidays I suppose, but what to do if he doesnt respond? And how much time do we give? Maybe he is still in the league (div 2) from last year, maybe get the GM to send him a message through nfl.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Pretty sure I played him in the final last year. Was very active etc so surprised he's not responding.

that was me that beat you in the final last year ! ;) I have been promoted to div 1 but i think i am still in Div 2 also. Might need to remove me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

wawaman wrote: »
    that was me that beat you in the final last year ! ;) I have been promoted to div 1 but i think i am still in Div 2 also. Might need to remove me

Ah, the final of Div 4. I've flown up the ranks.

So is there any update/confirmation of the numbers of teams and if anyone (and who) is missing?
    I know we still have two weeks left before draft, but at this stage, i doubt the divisions are going to be rejigged, what are the options open to us?
    Invite a new player to join Division 2 or see if there is an odd number in division 7 and invite somebody up? This would be the easiest, and wouldn't require any major work for the GMs.

not sure what to do at this stage. If somebody here was in a league with therb last year, drop them a line! We're getting too close. otherwise just have a GM controlled team.

His team were Cloonnabinnia Crimson Tide last year.

Check your email lads, I've posted the link to you from NFL.com to vote for a draft day/time.

JF

Not seeing anything for Fridays or Saturdays on the possible schedule?
    All very late choices too, seems like it's been set up to suit one person's schedule.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Not seeing anything for Fridays or Saturdays on the possible schedule?
    All very late choices too, seems like it's been set up to suit one person's schedule.

??

no problem adding in fridays/saturdays, but in my experience (4th time doing this), weekends and early times dont suit most people.

Do we have to have a vote for whats days to put in?

Jaysus

Put in the days between the end of preseason and the start of the regular season.

That will give you: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

In the Premier league I didn't bother with Friday and Saturday as they are usually the least popular. Time slots I went with 7, 8, 9, 10. Again before or after this tends to be unpopular so I didn't include them.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Sack the GM, useless

adrian522 wrote: »
    Put in the days between the end of preseason and the start of the regular season.

That will give you: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

In the Premier league I didn't bother with Friday and Saturday as they are usually the least popular. Time slots I went with 7, 8, 9, 10. Again before or after this tends to be unpopular so I didn't include them.

and what day time was voted in?

• Advertisement

and what day time was voted in?

Jeez, all I'm asking is for earlier slots as an option.

Fair enough if people vote for slots I cant do, then that's the slot that wins, didn't think it would be such a problem to have other timeslots included...

Advertisement