Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Lads, I emailed thru NFL the details of the draft times to be chosen.

Also, i threw it out there that 90 seconds per pick is too long (i agree). I would have no problem moving it to 60 seconds if thats what the majority want.

JF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Why are there no weekend days available in the poll?
    It jumps straight from the 27th to 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

can you not put the usual poll up on this site? or even just link the poll here, no access to the email linked to nfl.com anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

If I recall correctly people weren't happy with the poll options last year too. Let's do it properly this time and post a list of options including all days of the week and a range of times through the evening so it's fair for everyone.

Also, I don't see any need to change the pick length. I'd be worried about issues with the draft tool as posted in the other thread. Plus I'd only like to see us following changes that are being implemented across all divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

That link for poll came up broken for me. I agree 90 seconds way too long to draft (people have lives to live) not too mention the people who auto draft or don't turn up end up dragging the time for the draft to ridiculous levels. Other leagues I am in have reduced the draft pick time.

• Advertisement

Hi Lads, the link seemed to be screwed up. Also, relooked at the charter and the draft has to be after the last pre season game.

GUFC, can you please fix your email on nfl.com, as i have enough on my plate without having to contact you directly.

I have no problem putting in weekends lads, but traditionally (and this is my 4th year), people are too busy during the weekends.

Link here.....

http://doodle.com/9ywhq6d89gzhkvut

We will close poll on Monday 31st August.

in relation to the 60 second draft pick, I'm happy (if the majority are happy) to change it to 60 seconds. I think thats fairest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Voted. I'm happy enough with 60 seconds draft too

90 secs for me... Only really affects us is if people leave the draft early so a bit of respect on that front. Also how much time would we really save. I know technically it would be 2 hours but realistically it's not that long. Maybe 20-30 minutes? Reducing the time to 60 means there would be more auto picks and more chance for error.

If it is really that big of an issue for people i'd reluctantly compromise on 75 secs knowing full well next year it would be brought to 65-70, 60-65 the following year and so on. Boards leagues have always been 90 secs and a vote should have to change it. It should be the same across all leagues which is the whole idea of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

60 seconds for me

• Advertisement

Has to stay at 90 seconds IMO.

As Johnny said if the majority want 60 we should change it if we don't we leave it no problem its not the UN charter we are dealing with here people its fantasy football :):):)

gufc21 wrote: »
    90 secs for me... Only really affects us is if people leave the draft early so a bit of respect on that front.

Problem is, I'm very likely to do that.
    Drafts can take a good while and every option has been put at 9/10pm.

If a 10pm slot wins, I'll probably only draft the first few rounds and leave the rest to auto....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Apologies, I'm a bit late to the party this year with my sign up. Are the Zebras in div 3 this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Prefer 60 sec aswell

1zppfn5.jpg
    slowharry wrote: »
    Apologies, I'm a bit late to the party this year with my sign up. Are the Zebras in div 3 this year

Doesn't appear so.....

infacteh wrote: »
    Doesn't appear so.....

Have we got a confirmed date and time to draft ?

Sunday 6th @ 9PM seems to be leading the poll.

BizzyC wrote: »

I have another draft at that time, is it posible to draft twice at the same time?

I have evened it up between Sunday and Monday, 2 people remaining to vote.

• Advertisement

14 people have voted, I will contact the last two to see if they can finalise this. Still plenty of time to sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

infacteh wrote: »
    I have another draft at that time, is it posible to draft twice at the same time?

can be doing using two diff broswers

BizzyC wrote: »

Sorry, changed my vote. Have another draft on Sunday night.

Right can we declare a winner now at this stage ? Just something to consider as it looks like sept 7 Ireland are home to Georgia at 7.45 some members might want that time pushed back ?? Personally myself I have a lot of drafts next weekend and would hope to avoid sat and Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭boccy23

Boards Keeper League is on at 10.

It closes today.

Yeah the app still says boards division three drafts at 9 pm tonight !!

So, we had a draft. And my starting QB is Jay Cutler.......:o

Yeah got a bit of a shock seeing an email "Who Won Your Draft?" this morning

Obviously an oversight by the commish not to change the draft date, hopefully he can reset the league so we can have our proper draft

• Advertisement

Draft set at Monday 7th September at 9pm as per the vote.

Best of luck all. I have left the draft pick at 90 seconds as we didnt get a majority to want to change it.

Couple of rule changes this year, just so people know.

The schedule is now manually set to make it fairer come the end of the season re: playoffs. Also we have introduced a flex (RB/WR/TE) instead of a 3rd WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Couple of rule changes this year, just so people know.

The schedule is now manually set to make it fairer come the end of the season re: playoffs. Also we have introduced a flex (RB/WR/TE) instead of a 3rd WR.

a flex with RB is bad idea, will make rb's super valuable and some teams will stash them leaving nothing for someone who has someone go down injured wr/te flex is better

manafana wrote: »
    a flex with RB is bad idea, will make rb's super valuable and some teams will stash them leaving nothing for someone who has someone go down injured wr/te flex is better

The argument is ongoing in the thread about it, but it looks like we're stuck with it for this season.

Draft set at Monday 7th September at 9pm as per the vote.

Best of luck all. I have left the draft pick at 90 seconds as we didnt get a majority to want to change it.

Awesome, can't wait to get started!

Draft tonight people. Also, we are back to a standard 3 WR core after much deliberation.

Hopefully most people can join us.

• Advertisement

Draft tonight people. Also, we are back to a standard 3 WR core after much deliberation.

Hopefully most people can join us.

Working... yay... anyway i can set the draft list this early?

Hopefully get online for the latter rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Didn't realise the 3 wr thing for quite a while. Quite glad though, because I don't really want to start Doug Martin. Best of luck anyway lads. Hopefully it'll be another good year.

Here's hoping i auto drafted the best dst and k

Had to leave before last two rounds, and two defenses were auto drafted for me and no kicker. Weird.

• Advertisement

Aaron Rodgers is on the trading block. Will listen to any package offers of a QB+RBs/WRs/TEs.

Tristram wrote: »
    Aaron Rodgers is on the trading block. Will listen to any package offers of a QB+RBs/WRs/TEs.

Big trade, very interesting

I'm not sure who offered the trade but hopefully it works out for both of us.

interesting strategy, couldnt believe he was pulled out in the first round, but if it was for a trade in mind?

But not why not pull out andrew luck in that case?

You mean Rodgers? I missed most of the draft until the last few rounds so Rodgers was autodrafted.

Tristram wrote: »
    I'm not sure who offered the trade but hopefully it works out for both of us.

That was me. Spices things up anyway, I love the uncertainty of trades, always wrap myself up in knots agonising whether I've done well or been had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I shouldn't have looked at the draft recap. It informed me that auto-draft managed to pick Ryan Tannehill for me when Tom Brady was still available. Other parts of the draft were ok, but that just really annoys me.

CJC86 wrote: »
    I shouldn't have looked at the draft recap. It informed me that auto-draft managed to pick Ryan Tannehill for me when Tom Brady was still available. Other parts of the draft were ok, but that just really annoys me.

Ryan Tannehill was projected to score more points than Tom Brady at the start of the season. Thats across the board too, from nfl, espn, footballguys etc.

Cody Parkey's missed FG gives the Infacteh Indians a very fortunate W in week 1!

My bench is destroying my starting line-up, 71 - 34...

• Advertisement
Advertisement