Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Wow, after a terrible run this year with injuries I've snuck into the playoffs by 0.12 points....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Thats interesting with Donabate Dragons. I hadnt seen it last few weeks, I had looked at who was active in Mid November but obviously not for a few weeks. Surely people in their division had noticed he was inactive and something should have been said.

Also, in Division 1 of our league, there was a three way tie (missed that last night too) and Yippie Kae came out as divisional winner on what must have been more divisional wins. Well done.

So the net results are the wildcards are as follows:
    Yippie Kae a vs big game bottlers
    Wont come last vs Greystone mariners

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Also, in Division 1 of our league, there was a three way tie (missed that last night too) and Yippie Kae came out as divisional winner on what must have been more divisional wins. Well done.

So the net results are the wildcards are as follows:
    Yippie Kae a vs big game bottlers
    Wont come last vs Greystone mariners

Best of luck to all.

Fantasy football in a nutshell - I'd rather be lucky than good! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Is that what decided the tie? I was always under the impression it was done on head to head or more points scored.

Anyway, well done everyone. Was a seriously competitive league this year. Best of luck to those in playoffs

The Bogman wrote: »
    Is that what decided the tie? I was always under the impression it was done on head to head or more points scored.

Anyway, well done everyone. Was a seriously competitive league this year. Best of luck to those in playoffs

I think it's head to head, but in a 3 way tie it gets complicated.
    A few weeks ago I dropped from 4th overall to 8th following a win due to the results flipping around my head-to-head weightings vs the other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I think these are the divisional breakdowns if anyone is interested:

Division 1
    Yippe Kie 5-1 (7-6)
    Disco Ninjas 4-2 (7-6)
    Barney's Dinosaurs 3-3 (7-6)
    The Islanders 0-6 (7-6)

Division 2
    Blaque Power 5-1 (9-4)
    Big Game Bottlers 3-3 (9-4)
    Swords Sharks 4-2 (7-6)
    Touchdown Patriots 0-6 (0-13)

Division 3*
    Infacteh Indians 4-2 10-3
    Greystone Mariners 4-2 8-5
    The Expendables 4-2 7-6
    Donabate Dragons 0-6 0-13

*Division 3 if rules had been followed
    The Expendables 4-2 7-6
    Greystone Mariners 3-3 7-6
    Donabate Dragons 1-5 1-12

Division 4
    Wont Come Last 3-3 8-5
    Boccys Jockeys 3-3 7-6
    Pillow Fighters 3-3 7-6
    Aile Cows 2-4 7-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

divisional breakdown is way down the list of tiebreakers *and as tiebreakers given we use decimals will never go past points scored it basically is an irrelevance) just in case you guys think it is how things work which I assume you do based on the last few posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

BizzyC wrote: »
    I think it's head to head, but in a 3 way tie it gets complicated.

A 3 way tie isn't complicated at all. Its as simple as winning percentage in your games v those other 2 teams, then points for as the second tiebreaker.

so if team A beats team B and lose to team C they have a head to head of 1-1 or .500

it team B and C don't play each other team B finished with .0% and team C with 1.000%

in which case Team C wins the tiebreaker, followed by A followed by C.

you do not have to play every team in the tiebreaker as it works on percentages.

If however they all played each other

Team A beat team B but lost to team C
    Team B beat team C

They all finish on .500% so the tiebreaker will be decided by points for for the whole season.

its not complex at all guys.

Tristram wrote: »
    I think these are the divisional breakdowns if anyone is interested:

*Division 3 if rules had been followed
    The Expendables 4-2 7-6
    Greystone Mariners 3-3 7-6
    Donabate Dragons 1-5 1-12

What rules weren't followed?

Bad wording on my part. We didn't notice an inactive.

• Advertisement

I cant say I'm at all confident...the only starting RB on my roster goes on IR.

At this stage I've lost all of my first 5 draft picks to injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

BizzyC wrote: »
    I cant say I'm at all confident...the only starting RB on my roster goes on IR.

At this stage I've lost all of my first 5 draft picks to injuries.

It seems like the worst year ever for injuries, plenty of backups starting these last few weeks.

Ah well, done and dusted...
    I'm surprised I got as far as I did, good luck to everyone left in it.

All down to Hightower who needs 75 yards tonight against Detroit for my team to advance.

I remember drafting him in the first round, years back with the broncos and he was a bone fide bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Well Yippie Kai A Justin Tucker will bow out limply in the semi finals – good luck to infecteh in the final and thanks to Johnny_Fontane for stepping up and doing GM – see you both in Div 2 next year! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Ugh, gutted. I was up by 0.72 points until the very last play of the game (0:06 on the clock). I wouldn't feel so bad about that if Hightower even had the presence of mind to lateral and make a fun play, but no, he just got his garbage time 20 yards.

Good luck in the final JF and infacteh!

That's devastating. Unlucky man

CJC86 wrote: »
    Ugh, gutted. I was up by 0.72 points until the very last play of the game (0:06 on the clock). I wouldn't feel so bad about that if Hightower even had the presence of mind to lateral and make a fun play, but no, he just got his garbage time 20 yards.

Good luck in the final JF and infacteh!

just goes to show how you need to be lucky in this game sometimes. To be fair, it goes both ways. Denver, my defence, were penalised a perfectly good defensive touchdown as 2 lads ran onto the pitch as they thought the play was over.

See you in Division 2 next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

just goes to show how you need to be lucky in this game sometimes. To be fair, it goes both ways. Denver, my defence, were penalised a perfectly good defensive touchdown as 2 lads ran onto the pitch as they thought the play was over.

See you in Division 2 next year!

Woulda been called back anyway as he was ob when he touched the ball

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Woulda been called back anyway as he was ob when he touched the ball

norwood was definitely in bounds, the question is whether the steelers player was out of bounds when he touched it and it was very very close.

I think the replay showed the Steelers player was out of bounds.

norwood was definitely in bounds, the question is whether the steelers player was out of bounds when he touched it and it was very very close.

Thats what i meant. Steelers players toe was on the paint

Looks like a stat correction has taken me out of the championship game and put Greystones Mariners in.

Wow!

Oh well 3/4th playoff it is.

Jaysus.

Wow. Denard Robinson Rushing Yards changed from 28 to 41, and you lose by 0.2. ****in' hell......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

That stat correction sucks. I mean, I'll take the final place, but it definitely sucks for both people involved. You both get to experience a crushing defeat! With the way this is playing out, I'd much rather JF had the place than me.

• Advertisement

CJC86 wrote: »
    That stat correction sucks. I mean, I'll take the final place, but it definitely sucks for both people involved. You both get to experience a crushing defeat! With the way this is playing out, I'd much rather JF had the place than me.

I'm not, he would've beaten me!!

Losing a championship to a stat correction. That has to be a first. Oh well. It was a great season by infacteh and he deserved to finish on top. See you all in div 2 next year

Losing a championship to a stat correction. That has to be a first. Oh well. It was a great season by infacteh and he deserved to finish on top. See you all in div 2 next year

Yeah, that stat correction saved my ass!

Great season, not looking forward to a long off season :(

hey lads, just reviewing back to see if there any inactives last year. I think we had only one in donabate dragons.

Anyone else that I missed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Reminder, post in the below thread if you want to play Fantasy Football this year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Based on Adrian's good work, here is Div 3 for the year:

Harrys Honey Badgers
    Adamcp898

Lucks Colts
    taidghbaby

Allie Cows
    gufc21

Touch Down Patriots
    decies

The Islanders
    BigBadRob83

Tara Royals
    BEP!

Heisenberg men
    keithdelahunty (GM)

Romasuck raiders
    FastFullBack

My Cousin Vince
    SK1979

Terenure Red Stars
    Realt Dearg Sec

Old irish Patriot
    curry-muff

Dingle Dogs
    BKWDR

Super Troopers FC
    davetherave

Chimi Changas
    Davey Devil

Fumble Rumble
    aferru

The peeping Tomlinsons
    setanta74

Is there a gm this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Is there a gm this year?

Yeah, Guys I'm going to take over from Adsm as GM this year. I'm just waiting on Adam to transfer GM to me on nfl.com and then I will set everything up ahead of Draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well lads, so is it nearly all players from Div 4 last year? Have we more or less all been promoted once again? Just a few more years and we'll all be playing in the Premier league just by stubborn refusal to stop playing. I've literally never made the playoffs!

I have PM the new managers in league and will add them to Division 3 on NFL.com as soon as I recive email address. I have also added a Poll to decide on draft day, please see

Draft Poll

I have PM the new managers in league and will add them to Division 3 on NFL.com as soon as I recive email address. I have also added a Poll to decide on draft day, please see

Draft Poll

Any chance of getting Friday 2nd in there or a the Friday before that?

Rosters will more or less be set by that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Draft Poll

I didn't get a pm, check to see if you sent them properly. Done gm a few times myself and it's a pain in the hole getting people to join the league unless you pm them early lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not sure if I've voted or not. Clicked Vote Now but nothing happened. Anyway either of the times on Tuesday suit me. Would be working on the Monday. Sunday would probably be OK but it is on after the All Ireland Final so I dunno, might be autodrafting. Which honestly would probably be for the best.

curry-muff wrote: »

Draft Poll

I didn't get a pm, check to see if you sent them properly. Done gm a few times myself and it's a pain in the hole getting people to join the league unless you pm them early lol

Team Old Irish Pattriot is already in division from last year Div 4. I have just renamed as Div 3. I only PM/ emailed new league members who got promoted or relegated to our league. Let me know if you do not see yourself in Divion 3 on nfl.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Can see myself in division 3 anyway (my cousin Vince).

Although also couldn't vote in the draft poll. But any of the 9pm slots suit I think.

Cheers.

Can we use the usual poll host to do the draft date/time. Don't know if i votes and i am available for 2 of them.

Edit pretty sure its doodle

Can we use the usual poll host to do the draft date/time. Don't know if i votes and i am available for 2 of them.

And if we are doing that can we throw in a Friday 9pm option too, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Yep

http://doodle.com

Guys, I will set up pool on here for Draft instead of on NFL.com as it appears you cannot vote if you use nfl.com app and only on full website.

Sorry for anyone who already voted but think it best to allow everyone to vote

Cheers

All, sorry for hassle og nfl.com Poll. I have craeted a new pool, please see below.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]http://doodle.com/poll/vxiy3nv7xdvuqeid[/font]

Sorry again to the 6 guys who already voted (you will have to vote again) but to allow all teams have a say I think it fair

FYI, we now have all 16 teams register in league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

All, sorry for hassle og nfl.com Poll. I have craeted a new pool, please see below.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]http://doodle.com/poll/vxiy3nv7xdvuqeid[/font]

Sorry again to the 6 guys who already voted (you will have to vote again) but to allow all teams have a say I think it fair

FYI, we now have all 16 teams register in league

Hate to bring up another thing but can you set it to allow multiple selections?

Means people can vote for all times that suit them so that they're not just picking one out of a possible 2 or 3 and hoping that's the one that gets selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah multiple options is the usual way we used to do it. Makes it easier to see what day suits the most amount of people

Yeah multiple options is the usual way we used to do it. Makes it easier to see what day suits the most amount of people

Are we waiting for the multiple options or just voting?

• Advertisement

Guys you should have able to post multiple times. I have just edited mine to check and I did not have any problems

Advertisement