Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Guys you should have able to post multiple times. I have just edited mine to check and I did not have any problems

Yeah just voted there, no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

See there is a comment on it....why was Saturday left out>?

BKWDR wrote: »
    See there is a comment on it....why was Saturday left out>?

Presumably doesn't suit the commissioner. In fairness there's not many perks to being commish, the least would be to make sure that whenever the draft is, it suits him? To be honest, none of the times suit me, but them's the breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Presumably doesn't suit the commissioner. In fairness there's not many perks to being commish, the least would be to make sure that whenever the draft is, it suits him? To be honest, none of the times suit me, but them's the breaks.

Fair enough, do the three who voted for friday know that the multi vote is now available (it had been just single vote) or is that the only time they can make?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

gufc21 wrote: »
    Fair enough, do the three who voted for friday know that the multi vote is now available (it had been just single vote) or is that the only time they can make?

yeah thanks just edited mine there.

It may or may not matter to some of you but Ireland v Serbia is on that Monday night.

• Advertisement

setanta74 wrote: »
    yeah thanks just edited mine there.

It may or may not matter to some of you but Ireland v Serbia is on that Monday night.

It does, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had voted on the nfl poll, just recast my votes there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Guys I excluded Saturday for same reason I did not add options of 6pm & 8pm, I did not want to many options and winning draft date/time option was with 2/3 votes. If I recall from past few years we typically go with Tuesday Evening before Thursday KO.

Saturday 3-Sept is also the Collage Football game in Dublin, Boston Collage vs Georgia Tech

10 of the 16 Managers hav evoted in Draft Pool, http://doodle.com/poll/vxiy3nv7xdvuqeid

Currently, Tuesday @ 9pm, Monday @ 9pm and Sunday @ 7pm are leanding the way

Reminding the remianing managers to please vote as we will close the Pool early next week

Cheers

• Advertisement

Guys I excluded Saturday for same reason I did not add options of 6pm & 8pm, I did not want to many options and winning draft date/time option was with 2/3 votes. If I recall from past few years we typically go with Tuesday Evening before Thursday KO.

I'd have preferred if you came back with ,

"I'm the commish, fcuk all ya'll...."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Voted, sorry I took a while was waiting to see when my other drafts were set for. Yeah I'm also going to the college football next Saturday so happy thats out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Just voted there. Sorry about the delay.

12 of the 16 Managers hav evoted in Draft Pool, http://doodle.com/poll/vxiy3nv7xdvuqeid

Currently, Tuesday 6-Sept @ 9pm, is leanding the way

Reminding the remianing managers to please vote as we will close the Pool tomorrow
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm on holidays so I didn't vote.

Question.

Just as there is a high chance that possibly a good chunk of the 16 will be set to auto draft. Can we make the pick time less than 2 minutes

I drafted a 8 man league and it was 1 minute picks and it was done in 40 mins. As opposed to half the night...

Just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

The draft pick time is defaulted to 90 seconds as far as I know on NFL.com. But the thing is if there is a lot of autos the 1st round will be slow but every other round will move a lot quicker as the auto picks either right away or after 10 seconds.

I will probably go auto after midnight so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I will probably go auto after midnight so...

It has never taken 3 hours though?

Like TO said, if anyone doesn't show their first round pick will last the full time but after that it will be auto-pick for them.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It has never taken 3 hours though?

Like TO said, if anyone doesn't show their first round pick will last the full time but after that it will be auto-pick for them.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't read well....

Yah, be grand, the 16 person draft just goes on an age is all

• Advertisement

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't read well....

Yah, be grand, the 16 person draft just goes on an age is all

Yeah I know it's basically an all evening affair but personally I like the longer time, at least for the first few rounds, gives you an idea of how it's progressing............until someone picks a kicker in the 5th round and sends it haywire :p

Draft Day, Pool closed. Tuesday @ 9pm was the winner (12/16) managers had voted.

Draft Day, Pool closed. Tuesday @ 9pm was the winner (12/16) managers had voted.

Got the email Keith ðŸ‘

Yah first to draft a kicker gets the wooden spoon..

Unfortunatley I wont be able to attend as at Nick Offerman that night. I have never draft via Auto Pick before, I bet I end up with 5 WR and no QB :-(

I am not going to lie... GUTTED...and takes away a little of the excitment for fantasy football this season.

Unfortunatley I wont be able to attend as at Nick Offerman that night. I have never draft via Auto Pick before, I bet I end up with 5 WR and no QB :-(

I am not going to lie... GUTTED...and takes away a little of the excitment for fantasy football this season.

Hopefully we get a few trades and such going this year...was quiet enough on that front but this is only my 4th season now

Hopefully we get a few trades and such going this year...was quiet enough on that front but this is only my 4th season now

I fibd it generally seems to be in redraft. Little interest in the small trades

I fibd it generally seems to be in redraft. Little interest in the small trades

Yah gonna make an extra effort now to be more willing to trade players.

16 player league there really should be more of it

Yah gonna make an extra effort now to be more willing to trade players.

16 player league there really should be more of it

There should be but in my experience most trade offers last year were just attempts rip the other player off. We has a discussion about it on the thread where some lads actually seemed to think that was the point of trading! I mean, with that approach obviously nobody is going to trade at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

There should be but in my experience most trade offers last year were just attempts rip the other player off. We has a discussion about it on the thread where some lads actually seemed to think that was the point of trading! I mean, with that approach obviously nobody is going to trade at all.

I've made a few trades requests the last few years and most have been rejected I think. Honestly I dont think I'm great a quantifying what is a decent trade request versus a rip off attempt.
    For this year for any potential trades I think I'll post in here first stating I have X player to trade and see what others think would be a fair request. This should help me get a better idea of what would be a fair trade.

• Advertisement

I've made a few trades requests the last few years and most have been rejected I think. Honestly I dont think I'm great a quantifying what is a decent trade request versus a rip off attempt.
    For this year for any potential trades I think I'll post in here first stating I have X player to trade and see what others think would be a fair request. This should help me get a better idea of what would be a fair trade.

Ah, I don't have a problem with any trade that someone thinks is fair, that's an honest attempt to offer a good deal. But I had things like an offer of someone's backup QB and a crappy D, and asking for my starting QB and good D. I mean it's not rocket science to turn it down, but it makes you suspicious of deals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Sure our glorious GM was in the midst of it last year :D :pac:
    Ah here, on the 21st of October Cloonnabinnia wanted my Blake Bortles for his Peyton Manning. I guess he must have dumped Manning off to Heisenberg because now he wants my Blake Bortles for his Peyton Manning. I'll tell you the same thing I told Cloonnabinnia

Come back with a decent offer and not someone who has less than half the points and is past it, for my awesome young stud who has the better rest of season rate.

I'm open to trades but you can fcuk right off with offers like that. :D
    davetherave, we are at part of season weer people stay not paying attention to Fantasy Football. Although hoping as I move up division, teams with losing records still play week in week out.

I was just chancing my arm with Manning for Bortles Trade in case you do not follow NFL and may not be aware Manning out for weeks (possible season as starter) and just recognize his name and history and think it good.
    snakey fúck....

Sure our glorious GM was in the midst of it last year :D :pac:

I still stand by my position on that.

ha

I also notice he fixed the divisions

curry-muff wrote: »

Was told to randomise divisions with new teams. Which I also think was good idea as weekly fixtures ( also manually) set up are designed to ensure more inter-division matches

curry-muff wrote: »

How so?

• Advertisement

Won't apologise for trying to take advantage of a potentially non informed manager. Not sure how into NFL all 16 members are here and follow it week to week. Based on fantasy drafting and play some managers do not and are not up to date on latest injures, suspensions etc. If one of my high profile players get injured or caught breaking banned substance rules I will try and trade asap and avoid waiver wire.

There is no rule that a potential trade has to be equal for all parties. All division members have ability to potentially veto a trade and all trades will be brought to entire divisions attention. If it was easy to know who is going to play great week in week out then the projections would not be so wrong each week.

Won't apologise for trying to take advantage of a potentially non informed manager. Not sure how into NFL all 16 members are here and follow it week to week. Based on fantasy drafting and play some managers do not and are not up to date on latest injures, suspensions etc. If one of my high profile players get injured or caught breaking banned substance rules I will try and trade asap and avoid waiver wire.

There is no rule that a potential trade has to be equal for all parties. All division members have ability to potentially veto a trade and all trades will be brought to entire divisions attention. If it was easy to know who is going to play great week in week out then the projections would not be so wrong each week.

That would be fair enough if we were in div 7 or 8 but you have to imagine those in div 3 will see it as a piss take and as a result, just refuse to deal with you

That would be fair enough if we were in div 7 or 8 but you have to imagine those in div 3 will see it as a piss take and as a result, just refuse to deal with you

This is the problem, there's people complaining in the Boards thread every year about how they're the only one ever proposing trades and noone will even discuss them etc. but bar one I think I've only ever got propositioned with stupid trades that there's no point in even countering because they're so lopsided to begin with.

As league commissioner over the years for most of you I've only ever seen one of the lopsided ones go through and tbh I probably should've overruled it but I just decided to draw the whole leagues attention to it by email and boards and say when it needed to be voted on by if anyone had a problem with it.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    This is the problem, there's people complaining in the Boards thread every year about how they're the only one ever proposing trades and noone will even discuss them etc. but bar one I think I've only ever got propositioned with stupid trades that there's no point in even countering because they're so lopsided to begin with.

As league commissioner over the years for most of you I've only ever seen one of the lopsided ones go through and tbh I probably should've overruled it but I just decided to draw the whole leagues attention to it by email and boards and say when it needed to be voted on by if anyone had a problem with it.

I have a dynasty league that is very active all year round with trades. The most active guy has been black losted by most of the league cause he keeps starting with ridiculous low ball ****. If someone lowballs stupidly why would the other party bother to counter? If people stop sending stupid lowball offers there would be more activity.

Try going into a trade with the mindset of improving both teams, you dont need to "win" every time.

It's the 16 team league structure that stops trades I think as very little value on waiver wire. 224 players already on teams does not leave room for anyone to trade and away even a WR3 and pick up quality on waivers

• Advertisement

Agreed on all counts but I can see Keith's point.
    In fairness we've been playing this league for a few years now together
    I'm gonna defo try utilize the waiver wire and trade block better this year

Just hope that people stay active

In fact if someone is just not active at all I move that they be booted back to a lower division next year

In fact if someone is just not active at all I move that they be booted back to a lower division next year

Thats what happens now

Thats what happens now

Oh I just thought lads reported back to go again. Did someone check?

Also I was hoping to draft using the android app and its buggy as fcuk

Oh I just thought lads reported back to go again. Did someone check?

Gm would generally keep a note

I've done two on it already and it's not that bad, the app itself is a pain but the draft applet is pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

It is unlikely I can make the draft tomorrow night now so I will have it set to autodraft and have my preferences edited. Gutted but then again might work out better for me. I always overthink the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aferru

Agree with you on that. The app was much better last year, this is very buggy, hope they can fix it in the next few days, but chance are slim...

Ttied to do a draft on app last night. Wouldnt allow me. Said the draft was live but when i clicked on it said waiting for draft to fill. Tried to access a different way but would only allow me to go into a mock

Reminder Draft tonight

Draft order will be randomised by nfl.com 30mins before draft start.

As of now I believe 14/16 managers will be drafting live with only 2 (The Peeping Thomlonsons and Heinsberg Men) setting up Auto Draft.

Best of luck to everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement