Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

well thanks to the NFL site ive lost my match up this week, i didnt expect to win anyway, but i tried numerous times to bring jabar gaffney up from my bench to replace stevie johnson, cos i knew he was injured but when i clicked confirm, johnson was still in my team and gaffney went on to make 17 points and i'd have won the match up, i suppose i'll just have to put it down to the joys of fantasy football

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Anyone looking for a wide receiver? Need help at running back and willing to trade any of my WRs (Roddy White, Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree & Laurent Robinson).

Also have the Cowboys D is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

A win to go 6-5 put just lost Cutler for the season so I'm in need of a new QB. I have DeSean jackson, Addai, Denarius Moore and L.T available for a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

I'm kind of in a having to take risks situation now so I'm still in the trade market. Harvin looks to be a good trade for me so far, finally stopped the rot with a win.
    Blured wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a wide receiver? Need help at running back and willing to trade any of my WRs (Roddy White, Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree & Laurent Robinson).

Also have the Cowboys D is interested

If you'll still deal with me after I blanked you the other week (sorry again about that) I could be willing to trade McGahee. Who do you have at RB, I'd be looking for an ok reserve in case something happened to my starters.
    me89 wrote: »
    A win to go 6-5 put just lost Cutler for the season so I'm in need of a new QB. I have DeSean jackson, Addai, Denarius Moore and L.T available for a trade.

I'm playing you next week in a massive game, so I cant really deal with you this week but I could do you a deal for Palmer the week after potentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I also improve to 6-5 along with 2 other teams. Managed a win against the top ranked 9-1 Dublin Packers to snap their 7 game winning streak. Gonna be an interesting ending! Is the first tie breaker points scored or is it head to head?

• Advertisement

Third win in a row to move to 5-6 with everyone else in my division losing again. Now in second place just one win behind Scouting for Goals. The unlikely run to the playoffs is still on!

SSK - send me an offer if you want. You said you wanted a RB included, I have James Starks, Shonn Greene & Kendall Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Third win in a row to move to 5-6 with everyone else in my division losing again. Now in second place just one win behind Scouting for Goals. The unlikely run to the playoffs is still on!

SSK - send me an offer if you want. You said you wanted a RB included, I have James Starks, Shonn Greene & Kendall Hunter
    Isn't Scouting for Goals an inactive player?
    I beat him this week & he had Mcfadden in his starting line-up! I hope you or anybody in your section overtake him, cause it would be kind of a shame to have an inactive player make it to the play-offs.

I went to offer you a trade but I decided against it in the end up considering how close we are in relation to getting a wildcard spot. I just think you would be getting a bigger upgrade at RB than I would be at WR, sorry about that.

Just had a look at the league there, there's gonna be some scramble for the wildcard spots. Still 5 teams probably battling for the one single place in the playoffs. Makes for an interesting last 2 rounds :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anyone want Tebow? would be looking for a good WR for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Im now 5-6 after a tough lost. I didnt want to be over exposed with Buccs players as I had to play Williams so I left Blount on bench. Both my RBs got less than 4 and I lost by 10 pts. Ah well lesson learnt, strongest team out for this gameweek :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Cutler and Fred Jackson both gone :-( going to be a very tough finish to the season now.

Unlucky pal. Gives me a better chance though as I'm 6-5 too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Coeus wrote: »
    Im now 5-6 after a tough lost. I didnt want to be over exposed with Buccs players as I had to play Williams so I left Blount on bench. Both my RBs got less than 4 and I lost by 10 pts. Ah well lesson learnt, strongest team out for this gameweek :)

It's about time I got a bit of luck against you in some format! ;)

I was lucky, my bench had about zero points as usual so there was never a case of a better option to bring on.

Andre Johnson should be back soon though and Jahvid Best too, although I am expecting nothing from him....

It's about time I got a bit of luck against you in some format! ;)

I was lucky, my bench had about zero points as usual so there was never a case of a better option to bring on.

Andre Johnson should be back soon though and Jahvid Best too, although I am expecting nothing from him....
    Nah you scored a ton so you had a good week. I have no complaints. You are looking good for the playoffs now...

Thanksgiving day today so I had better check my team before the first game kicks off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

About to lose to the Blu York Giants, so I'll dropp to 9-3.

He's going to move to 6-6 cus of the win, yet he's got a fantastic team and should be a lot higher!

It's all luck this game.

About to lose to the Blu York Giants, so I'll dropp to 9-3.

He's going to move to 6-6 cus of the win, yet he's got a fantastic team and should be a lot higher!

It's all luck this game.

Thanks man - I had a bad run at the start and went to 2-6, this will hopefully be my 4th win in a row. Luckily though, I think this would put me top of my division so in with a good chance of making the playoffs

Big Ben, Turner and VJax getting less than 20 between them killed me to the extent I need 19 points from Kasay tonight to keep any chance of a playoff spot alive :o:(

Very happy with my trade for Harvin, pity it looks like it won't make a difference.

Drew Brees put me well over the line last night - 37 points! The Blu York Giants are now 6-6 and top of my division after four wins in a row.

The unlikely run to the playoffs is still on, just need to get more points than the inactive Scouting for Goals this week and I should win the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Drew Brees put me well over the line last night - 37 points! The Blu York Giants are now 6-6 and top of my division after four wins in a row.

The unlikely run to the playoffs is still on, just need to get more points than the inactive Scouting for Goals this week and I should win the division.

If they are inactive and make the playoffs then the team second in the conference should take their place. Im pretty sure this is the agreed process int he boards leagues.

Three teams 6-5 going for the last spot in the play offs. Gonna be a tight one next week. Pity I'm the last of these three teams :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

SantryRed wrote: »
    Three teams 6-5 going for the last spot in the play offs. Gonna be a tight one next week. Pity I'm the last of these three teams :(

dont you mean 7-5 ?

or did something weird happen in div3 that a week was missed

D3PO wrote: »
    dont you mean 7-5 ?

or did something weird happen in div3 that a week was missed

forgot to add this week. 7-5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Looks like I'll be playing you in the playoffs & to be honest I've very little confidence in my team coming up with the win.
    My team has become very inconsistent in recent weeks & just at the wrong time, whereas your team, as smackbunnybaby mentioned earlier on, looks very strong.

Also I didn't realise till I looked up previous results, but we played one another in week 4, where I won by around 10 points. I sure hope I can get a similar result in 2 weeks time:p

Unless Tolbert scores over 21 points, I have booked my place in the playoffs with 5 straight wins.

Very high scoring game against Basils Villians this week, we're currently the only two teams over a hundred points.

Two of my free agent pickups got the job done for me today, CJ Spiller, Michael Crabtree and Shonn Greene finally had a breakout game.

Havent looked at the rest of the playoff picture, how is everyone else getting on?

Havent looked at the rest of the playoff picture, how is everyone else getting on?
    I'm done for the season at 5-8 :(

Looking at the league, I'll need some other teams to help me out tonight to avoid the bottom 4 :cool:

Need 22 points from VJax and the SD Defense to salvage a win and avoid any relegation trouble.

Percy Harvin has done me proud since I traded for him, pity my RBs decided to give up the ghost the last couple of weeks

Coeus wrote: »
    I'm done for the season at 5-8 :(

Looking at the league, I'll need some other teams to help me out tonight to avoid the bottom 4 :cool:
    I got the help I needed last night and finish 12th :) but I'm seeing a game scheduled in the consolation final series (for places 7th thru 12th).

Does this effect the overall standings since I see a thread posted on final standings in the boards pyramid? I dont mind playing on eitherways as I can only improve my standing :)

f**k sake, didnt make the playoffs with the 6th best record - three second place teams tied on 8-5 and i had the lowest points scored.

I dont like divisions...

f**k sake, didnt make the playoffs with the 6th best record - three second place teams tied on 8-5 and i had the lowest points scored.

I dont like divisions...

Don't forget me too. I was 8-5 as well for the year :pac: Came third in my division.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Don't forget me too. I was 8-5 as well for the year :pac: Came third in my division.

i think divisions in fantasy is an unnecessary complication - especially since they dont hold year to year - we both got f*cked by being in good divisions...

ah well roll on next year.

Advertisement