Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, We still need a Commish for this league, please post in the main thread if you can do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Has the leagues been finalised for this year? I was in Div 3 last year, and posted on the main thread a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen a post yet about it though...

Edit: Found it, sorry! So I'm in Div 3 again this year. Are invites etc getting sent out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Guffy

This is fùckin ridiculous, can't leave the league unless i do so on a desktop and for some reason im commish. Have ye created a new league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Guffy wrote: »
    This is fùckin ridiculous, can't leave the league unless i do so on a desktop and for some reason im commish. Have ye created a new league?

Are you in a different division this year?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Are you in a different division this year?

Ya who will i pass commish to. Will sort it in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 sullyos09

When is draft for this taking place?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You don't currently have a commissioner so nothing will happen with this league until someone volunteers for this role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Right I'll do it, what do you have to do?

Right I'll do it, what do you have to do?

Thanks, The first thing is to get Guffy to make you Admin. Then remove everyone who is not in the Division 3 this year and send invites to those that should be.

After that create a poll to decide on a draft date and time.

Finally we will need to set the fixtures but that will happen after everyone has joined up.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Thanks, The first thing is to get Guffy to make you Admin. Then remove everyone who is not in the Division 3 this year and send invites to those that should be.

After that create a poll to decide on a draft date and time.

Finally we will need to set the fixtures but that will happen after everyone has joined up.

I already passed it on to Gerry. Knew he was in the league and wanted to get it off my board.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    I already passed it on to Gerry. Knew he was in the league and wanted to get it off my board.

Cheers :/

Realt Dearg Sec... are you already in the league, or did you get promoted/relegated to it? If so, what is your team name? If not, send me your email and I'll invite you

I really don't have time to be admin sadly so would prefer to transfer it over, sorry!

I'm in it I think, terenure red stars

I'm in it on the app afaik

What date we thinking for draft?

I'm in it I think, terenure red stars

That's done now mate! You're the 'designated league owner'! Cheers

Well lads, I've sent messages out to the lads I need to add to the league and most have responded bar one or two. We should probably get going on deciding a draft time as well. What way should we decide it? Set up a poll with a few different times and go from there? Unlikely we'll get a time that suits everyone but it's always worked out in the past without too many complaints.

Well lads, I've sent messages out to the lads I need to add to the league and most have responded bar one or two. We should probably get going on deciding a draft time as well. What way should we decide it? Set up a poll with a few different times and go from there? Unlikely we'll get a time that suits everyone but it's always worked out in the past without too many complaints.

Sounds good

Well lads still waiting on three people to join the league, have messaged them. Also one person has changed their team name so I'm not sure which of the below is now Josh AH Saviour of the Universe.

Div3 1 C Crimson Tide theRB
    Div3 6 Enuwa your business In Exile
    Div3 11 South Park Cows AirDemon
    Div3 12 Shaquems Hot Hand genericgoon

Not sure what to do if any of those lads don't actually respond. But anyway, we'll set the draft for some time between this Thursday 29th August and Tuesday 3rd of September. Will post a poll shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Well lads still waiting on three people to join the league, have messaged them. Also one person has changed their team name so I'm not sure which of the below is now Josh AH Saviour of the Universe.

Not sure what to do if any of those lads don't actually respond. But anyway, we'll set the draft for some time between this Thursday 29th August and Tuesday 3rd of September. Will post a poll shortly.

Josh etc. is me: Div3 12 Shaquems Hot Hand genericgoon.

Probably want to ask adrian522 about MO for team's failing to sign-in. Probably just auto-draft?

Josh etc. is me: Div3 12 Shaquems Hot Hand genericgoon.

Probably want to ask adrian522 about MO for team's failing to sign-in. Probably just auto-draft?
    Sound, thanks gg. I'll get onto Adrian anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I'm in. BlessU Thank U.

• Advertisement

OK everyone is now joined up bar one who has responded to my email, so we should be all in soon. I've set up a survey with times between Thursday and Tuesday. They are all evening times as I'm living in the states and don't fancy getting up at all hours in the morning to do the draft. There's only a couple of quite late hours on the Thursday and Tuesday as I teach those days. If there's two or more times that are polling really close in the survey, I'll run a second survey with just those times. Please be prepared for the idea that you may not get a time that suits you. Any complaints on this score will be taken as you volunteering to be the new commissioner, and you will automatically be given the role, where you can set the draft at a time that suits you. ;)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLglSFjILwEzFVGKLBaixwifjwAirRTwUcW84f1xj96jIYXg/viewform?usp=sf_link

OK everyone is now joined up bar one who has responded to my email, so we should be all in soon. I've set up a survey with times between Thursday and Tuesday. They are all evening times as I'm living in the states and don't fancy getting up at all hours in the morning to do the draft. There's only a couple of quite late hours on the Thursday and Tuesday as I teach those days. If there's two or more times that are polling really close in the survey, I'll run a second survey with just those times. Please be prepared for the idea that you may not get a time that suits you. Any complaints on this score will be taken as you volunteering to be the new commissioner, and you will automatically be given the role, where you can set the draft at a time that suits you. ;)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLglSFjILwEzFVGKLBaixwifjwAirRTwUcW84f1xj96jIYXg/viewform?usp=sf_link

I have two drafts next Sunday, hopefully it wont be 3 in one day.

Sound for sorting.

Done, cheers Realt!

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Done!

Cheers for this Realt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Responded to poll on phone there. Can't see results or what the concensus is. Hopefully it registered.

Any update on what day draft is looking like?

OK with all responses in, Tuesday 9.00 is the clear winner with 13 votes out of 15. The only other contender was Monday at 9.00 with 11 votes, but nearly everyone who voted for that also voted for Tuesday, so it's confirmed:

The Boards Div 3 draft will happen at 9.00pm Tuesday 3 September

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

Are we still on for the draft? It's still showing up as an offline draft on NFL app. I was hoping to set my preferences before going to bed in case I sleep through the first round or two!

• Advertisement

In Exile wrote: »
    Are we still on for the draft? It's still showing up as an offline draft on NFL app. I was hoping to set my preferences before going to bed in case I sleep through the first round or two!
    Sorry forgot to set it, was a busy weekend here, will get it done now

Advertisement