Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Thanks for organising, fair play. Just wondering if you had an idea of when we will know the draft order. Cheers.

Normally just the generated one on the night iirc. Think it's a hour before the draft start time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

L.S.F wrote: »
    Normally just the generated one on the night iirc. Think it's a hour before the draft start time

Normally appears when you can enter the draft room

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Thanks for organising, fair play. Just wondering if you had an idea of when we will know the draft order. Cheers.

Yeah - it is randomly selected 30 mins before the draft.

I can choose manually if you want? All bribes to be sent by revolut....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Chestylerue

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Yeah - it is randomly selected 30 mins before the draft.

I can choose manually if you want? All bribes to be sent by revolut....

Thanks Mooreman, the last few years on here we have normally done a manual draft order a few days beforehand, especially when it's on a weekend, gives everyone a bit of prep time.

Thanks Mooreman, the last few years on here we have normally done a manual draft order a few days beforehand, especially when it's on a weekend, gives everyone a bit of prep time.

No, they've changed all that - the settings they give us now are random.

I'd say there was murder about the manual orders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 sherpalover

I'd be happy to go with manual draft order. Always helpful to know where you are a bit in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Chestylerue

Sorry what I mean by Manuel, is that the draft order is randomly set a couple of days in advance by the commissioner and then it gives the lads a bit of time to do a bit of planning, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Sorry what I mean by Manuel, is that the draft order is randomly set a couple of days in advance by the commissioner and then it gives the lads a bit of time to do a bit of planning, that's all.

If a random order can be set in advance that would be great. I'm not sure how you can prove it was random maybe that's what led to the 30 minutes before draft idea.

I'd do that if I could but only options are a manual draft - meaning I choose - or the current setting of 30 mins pre draft..

I'd do that if I could but only options are a manual draft - meaning I choose - or the current setting of 30 mins pre draft..

No problem, guess I'll do a bunch of different mocks then!

• Advertisement

billr67 wrote: »
    If a random order can be set in advance that would be great. I'm not sure how you can prove it was random maybe that's what led to the 30 minutes before draft idea.

I'm happy this way too, gives a slight better game plan. If commish puts all teams in random.com or the likes and posts it here can't see too many complaints?

Is is a tiny bit of extra work to pop in draft order so no prob if they don't want to do that!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

So is anyone like me, done no prep and just gonna wing it!! 30 mins might work out for people like me.. that been said ill prob take someone that got cut this week

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Garco wrote: »
    So is anyone like me, done no prep and just gonna wing it!! 30 mins might work out for people like me.. that been said ill prob take someone that got cut this week

Looking forward to it!

Absolutely, I never do any serious strategy. I try to put the best team together I can from what's available and let the gods do their work after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Guys just checked app... Have you included me? I'm div 2 but I see div 3 there also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Anyone know if you can draft on the Android App. I usually do it on the PC but not arsed moving at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can draft on the Android App. I usually do it on the PC but not arsed moving at the moment.

I did it on android the last few years

BKWDR wrote: »
    Guys just checked app... Have you included me? I'm div 2 but I see div 3 there also

What's your team name?

Lads, tell me everyone double checked they are in??

BKWDR wrote: »

Could be an old Div 3 - This league was originally D4 - so unless you joined into this in the last week I think we are good...

Apologies for my disappearance after a few rounds last night, my mate txt me seeing if I could set up our league on clicky draft instead of him at 9pm so was trying to sort that and make sure everyone was in. Phone wasn't alearting me on my picks unless the app was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I wouldn't worry about it LSF. It still went pretty quick. Hope you didn't get screwed on picks.

Following last year's NFL prediction of 0-16 this year's one has me at 2-11, 15th place finish but says my shrewed picks will have me on contention. Baffling to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Jofspring wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it LSF. It still went pretty quick. Hope you didn't get screwed on picks.

Following last year's NFL prediction of 0-16 this year's one has me at 2-11, 15th place finish but says my shrewed picks will have me on contention. Baffling to say the least.

I’m predicted for 4-10 record and 10th place finish. Wasn’t impressed with my running backs which is fairly fair assessment

I’m predicted for 4-10 record and 10th place finish. Wasn’t impressed with my running backs which is fairly fair assessment

I got 12-1 and a first place prediction...

Should we wrap it all up now??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

4-9 projected for me... though in my main league last year I was projected to come last and won while the person projected to win came dead last.

McG wrote: »
    4-9 projected for me... though in my main league last year I was projected to come last and won while the person projected to win came dead last.

This is very true I got a 10-3 prediction which worries me as anytime I'm told I'll do well I normally fall flat on my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

My strategy was pretty clear this year but a few of my picks got nabbed early.

Pick all the Bucs.

Godwin went much earlier than I expected and Evans and Fournette were snatched a little earlier than expected.

Had to reach a bit on Brady, Gronk and Scotty Millar after that. A shame. Left OJ Howard after me as well because I'd be in trouble on my Bye week otherwise.

Jofspring wrote: »

Got a few solid starters after the few I chose so happy there, it drafted 2 D's but got Jeffery off Waivers just there.

Got a B+ on the draft ranking with 9-4 and 4th place. (exact same record and grade as my other draft too). These don't hold much meaning but are always good to read in the lead up to the first game week.

L.S.F wrote: »
    Got a few solid starters after the few I chose so happy there, it drafted 2 D's but got Jeffery off Waivers just there.

Got a B+ on the draft ranking with 9-4 and 4th place. (exact same record and grade as my other draft too). These don't hold much meaning but are always good to read in the lead up to the first game week.

Must of been looking at my other draft!!

• Draft Grade C
    • Proj Record 3-10
    • Proj Finish 14
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone want to trade me a RB? I've willing to part with Ertz

FYI

Due to one of the games this week being scheduled for Tuesday night the NFL.com fantasy waivers are processing one day later than usual.

As our waiver period is set to 2 days that would mean waivers not processing until Thursday night (and thus missing Thursday night Football).

Can you go into league settings and change the Waiver period to 1 day.

This will mean waivers will process Wednesday this week and Tuesday on all other weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

FYI

Due to one of the games this week being scheduled for Tuesday night the NFL.com fantasy waivers are processing one day later than usual.

As our waiver period is set to 2 days that would mean waivers not processing until Thursday night (and thus missing Thursday night Football).

Can you go into league settings and change the Waiver period to 1 day.

This will mean waivers will process Wednesday this week and Tuesday on all other weeks.

Are you sure on that? Can't find the NFL rules but for ESPN they are pushing back waivers if they are on Tues night but Weds night waivers are being left as they are normally. Seems stupid from NFL to go that route but wouldn't be surprising.

Advertisement