Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Our league is shaping up to be incredibly tight. Half the league might be on 4-4 after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There seems to be so many injuries to key players that has blown it wide open. Everyone just hoping to get a gem off a wavier which is few and far between at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Our league is shaping up to be incredibly tight. Half the league might be on 4-4 after this week.

I started up going 0-4 the first few weeks despite being one of the top scorers so feared the fantasy gods were against me. Season has been resurrected and hopefully will be in that 4-4 group now with a push for the playoffs.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I started up going 0-4 the first few weeks despite being one of the top scorers so feared the fantasy gods were against me. Season has been resurrected and hopefully will be in that 4-4 group now with a push for the playoffs.

Yeah, you are on a nice streak. I'm going well now too, getting Adams back fit was what I needed!!

Our division is strong. All teams will be at 4-4 or better after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

Having a nightmare in this league this year.. used all my luck the last few years!! Every week I think im gonna do class... then computer says NO

Any trades going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Need Josh Allen to outscore Big Ben by 5 points to make the playoffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

L.S.F wrote: »
    Need Josh Allen to outscore Big Ben by 5 points to make the playoffs...

Looks like he done enough, you are going to pip me by about 15pts scored more over season. Definitely the most competitive fantasy season I have played in.

Great regular season. I missed out on the playoffs despite having a decent side. 7-6 and last in my division. Well done to the three others!

How do people feel about the divisions and top teams going in, rather than the 6 best teams?

Agree, this was an extremely competitive league this year.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Great regular season. I missed out on the playoffs despite having a decent side. 7-6 and last in my division. Well done to the three others!

How do people feel about the divisions and top teams going in, rather than the 6 best teams?

Agree, this was an extremely competitive league this year.

I was on the other side of the Allen vs Big Ben game and believed Fantasy Football was going to be a cruel mistress and have me miss out on the playoffs at 7-6 and 2nd highest overall points scored but I managed to sneak in.

I'd be in agreement regarding the 6 best teams going through. I understand division winners automatically going through to build up rivalry if they were the same every year, but not in our case when the divisions and leagues flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Even though I would have made the playoffs if it was just on highest score this year, I like the division winners getting thru. I know it brings another bit of luck into it but helps make it different from other fantasy games for me.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I was on the other side of the Allen vs Big Ben game and believed Fantasy Football was going to be a cruel mistress and have me miss out on the playoffs at 7-6 and 2nd highest overall points scored but I managed to sneak in.

I'd be in agreement regarding the 6 best teams going through. I understand division winners automatically going through to build up rivalry if they were the same every year, but not in our case when the divisions and leagues flip.

Good that you got in too.

Re: Division winners, if it's the best 6 going through I think it would have to go to a single division, as you don't play everyone the divisions always have something to play for if its winners from each.

Or possibly 2 Divisions and the winners get the bye and the next 4 best go playoffs?

Any of the ways I'm happy with once it's decided before the season.

My main league has top three in a 2 Division system going through, teams have in the past got a playoff spot with a negative record but everyone accepts that's the way it is.

Well that was a close final. Would have won if I didnt start a Defence! (Texans -4). Can't be mad as I won last year with opponent playing in the negative handing me the win

Well done to all in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Fairplay lads, was a good tight league the whole way with two 7-6 teams making the final.

L.S.F wrote: »
    Well that was a close final. Would have won if I didnt start a Defence! (Texans -4). Can't be mad as I won last year with opponent playing in the negative handing me the win

Well done to all in the league

I fully believed I'd thrown the final away with the amount of points I'd left on my bench.

Echo the other posters that it was very enjoyable to be in such a tight league. Good job all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sign up for 2021 is now open, please post in the below thread by August Bank Holiday if you want to play again this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058198174

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

How are we looking for a draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Something tells me 'new boards' might cause a bit of havoc with the league this year as people are using the site less...

Looks like Div3 is:

Div3 1 wont come last BizzyC

Div3 2 kerry kings DDC1990

Div3 3 Chestylerue Chestylerue

Div3 4 the mayo 51ers Blue Shamrock

Div3 5 Cookies Cowboys OneCoolCookie

Div3 6 hail to the chiefs conor222

Div3 7 The monstars Joemcn95

Div3 8 the terrible towels billr67

Div3 9 Glenavy Heifers KayJay86

Div3 10 Faulk your coach Wong

Div3 11 the big gronkowski Pedatron

Div3 12 boogers brainwaves The real mccoy 91

Div3 13 CeeDeeTape genericgoon

Div3 14 gronk when your winning Paulie21

Div3 15 cromatie Kids Hots

Div3 16 Lucky Lloyd LuckyLloyd

Yeah I just find myself using it far less than before which is an awful pity. Hopefully, we can make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any chance of any time other than a Monday? Can do literally any other time other than 7-10 on Mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A poll was added on the League Page (bit hard to find but it's there).

Seems like the options are Sunday 5th, Monday 6th, Wednesday 8th (all @ 8pm). Presumably should vote there ideally but assume preferences included here would be considered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Where is the link to the poll?

I'm showing up when I log into nfl.com in this league, didn't register my renewal in time so pushed back to Div 6. Just in case it causes confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I think the Old Division 3 league was activated as well.

I seem to have teams in last years Div 3 and this years Div 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Ouch, the Gus Edwards injury makes that a rough trade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Looking for a RB, feel free to message me with any trades

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Everyone seems to be RB hungry... I lost both my starters already to IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lost first 3 RB's to injuries. I'm down to teams 3rd choice RB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I've never had a season as unlucky as this one.

Lost both my starting RBs to IR...

Then I lost my best WR to IR...

Then I lost my backup RBs....

• Advertisement

When your luck is out it's out. I was blessed last year and this year everyone is putting up a whopper score against me this year!

Advertisement